IGNORED

The Sand Trap Forum is One Decade Old Today

iacas
Note: This thread is 3431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats and thanks! I originally came for some equipment guidance but stayed for the variety the site offers as well as the eclectic personalities. Haven't used it to improve my game, in terms of my swing, but may start as my game has left me and I need to find the road back. Anyway, I'll be a member as long as this site is around, really do appreciate all y'all...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats to TST and I raise my glass to another TEN YEARS !!!

@iacas trouble, what was the first post on the site?

Long live golf and TST.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

If you have a story about how and when and why you've joined, this might be a good place to share them.

I probably have mentioned this a few times in other threads but ...

It was October 2011 when I was "forced" by a coworker to play golf and realize that my back was not as unhealthy as it had been for a really long time.  I got really fired up about getting back into the game after a couple year hiatus, and decided I wanted to start looking into new clubs.  My introduction to this site were a couple of really nice articles that popped up on a google search for reviews on new Titleist clubs (http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/titleist_910d3_driver_review and http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/titleist_forged_ap2_irons_review).  I liked the reviews, I liked the format, I really liked the close up pictures of the shiny new clubs!!

From that point, I discovered this article: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws  (presumably in a sidebar of one of the other articles, but I can't remember) and it was upon reading that article that I realized the people here were smart and knew what they were talking about.

Anyways, congratulations, and I hope this place sticks around for a long time, because I wouldn't know where else to go to goof off otherwise!! :beer:

I came upon this site and other sites at the same time.  I quickly preferred TST.  What also enjoyed over these five years I have been on is the additions of Swing Thoughts, Member Swings and other new sections that really help us learn.  The site is organized well and easy to navigate. It is also constantly improving.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Congrats @iacas and TST! You have something special here. :beer:

I think I stumbled on this site when I was bored at work one day. I don't remember what I was actually looking for, but dove in being a lover of the game. I've met some great people here, especially in the last year after reactivating my participation level. This site inspired me to start playing REAL golf, not just hitting a white ball around a grassy field.

- Shane

Been here just a wee bit over a year now. When I got back in the game in Oct. 2013, I was looking for a good golf site to get some insight on clubs, and possibly some help with my swing. Last time I played before that was 2003, and clubs have changed a bunch. So anyway, I googled golf, and got several options. After looking at most of the sites, I choose TST, as it had the best content imho.

Also I liked the site set up, and there wasn't any drama, unlike some other sites. So, here I am, and very happy to be a part of TST.

Just a follow up post.  I have been a member since October 2011.  I loved the look of the site and I also came here to learn about the golf swing.  My swing was a mess at the time.  I could tell that this was the place to be for that.  Some of my past favorite threads are:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture-how-to-address-the-golf-ball

http://thesandtrap.com/t/39667/driveway-sticks-and-shoulder-pitch

http://thesandtrap.com/t/34283/ball-flight-laws-video

http://thesandtrap.com/t/39411/quickie-pitching-video-golf-pitch-shot-technique

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on 10 years! I created an account on 3/22/06 and have held a few roles during the years. The best thing for me was the opportunity to write for the TST for several years and meet and play golf with some incredible guys in PA and NC. Erik is a friend and it's been great to see this site and his other endeavors succeed.

Here's to another 10+ years!

Alan

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Note: This thread is 3431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!