IGNORED

Best Concert you Have Ever Been To...

DoubleEagle
Note: This thread is 3358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been to hundreds of concerts going back as far as 45 years. And without question the finest, most dynamic concert I have ever attended was the Rolling Stones on July 20, 1972 at the Philadelphia Spectrum. Stevie Wonder was the opening act. I sat (actually stood and danced) in the 10th row and I think the ticket cost me $12.50.

Now that ticket would cost you $1250.00!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to a few..I'd have to say Jimi Hendrix, early 60's, can't recall the exact yr..lol It was at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.

Also Charlie Muscle White was there, great harp player..

Been to a few..I'd have to say Jimi Hendrix, early 60's, can't recall the exact yr..lol It was at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.

I'd give my left arm to see Jimi Hendrix. Running out of limbs. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'd give my left arm to see Jimi Hendrix. Running out of limbs.

It was memorable for sure. I think 99.99% of the people there were Blitzed..lol You probably don't wanna hear what it cost to get in... :-D

Anybody here been to Woodstock? My dad and my uncle were on their way to it, riding bitch on an old Honda motorcycle, ended up wiping out and had to go home. Never made it there.

Colin P.

It was memorable for sure. I think 99.99% of the people there were Blitzed..lol You probably don't wanna hear what it cost to get in...

Was there a "Purple Haze" floating over the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles that night? LOL :dance:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Was there a "Purple Haze" floating over the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles that night? LOL

Oh, I think it More than a Purple Haze. Dudes were stumbling and falling down all over the place, you could tell a bunch had taken acid..LOL that was a sight. Being a geetar player, my focus was on Jimi, gawd that dude could play. Such a shame he was lost to drugs.. :-(

The cops would have had a field day there..lol

Oh, I think it More than a Purple Haze. Dudes were stumbling and falling down all over the place, you could tell a bunch had taken acid..LOL that was a sight. Being a geetar player, my focus was on Jimi, gawd that dude could play. Such a shame he was lost to drugs..

The cops would have had a field day there..lol

Agreedm Hendrix was one of a kind. I watched the movie Woodstock at age 21 at a drive-in in a VW bus, just after I had my wisdom teeth out and had an ample supply of darvon (Dextropropoxyphene) to ease the pain. I still remember Hendrix doing his version of The Star Spangled Banner. It was mind blowing.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

This is one concert I'd have given my right arm to have attended:

You and me both.  My favorite all-time band and I never got to see them play live.

Randal

I saw Fishbone in Athens, Georgia in 1989.  I had never heard of them before that day but was absolutely blown away.  The  That's when I learned that there are bands who belong in the studio and those who belong on stage.

Randal

• Administrator

Natalie Merchant at Chautauqua Institute in 1998 or so…

She grew up nearby, was home for a week before, and she was on stage nearly four hours. I was in the second row, about ten feet from her most of the concert, and there were about 1500 people in total. She sung some songs, told stories, had some people up on stage, etc.

I like 10,000 Maniacs, and she did some of her stuff from them (as I said this was around 1998 or so, and she'd left the band about five years earlier. I wasn't a big fan or anything, but it was easily the best concert I'd ever gone to.

She was super relaxed, the setting and her interactions and the proximity made it super intimate, etc.

I've been to R.E.M, Live, and a few other groups. Not really a big concert goer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sadly, most of the concerts I've been to I can't remember too well. Highlights were the '94 Reading Festival ( Ice Cube was surprisingly awesome, as were Cypress Hill), Pearl Jam touring everywhere on the beginning of the Ten tour, and...Weezer. Their live show was very, very tight. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I just about find live music just about too loud now. Get off my lawn, you kids!!

Corey

Sadly, most of the concerts I've been to I can't remember too well. Highlights were the '94 Reading Festival ( Ice Cube was surprisingly awesome, as were Cypress Hill), Pearl Jam touring everywhere on the beginning of the Ten tour, and...Weezer. Their live show was very, very tight.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I just about find live music just about too loud now. Get off my lawn, you kids!!

Ha. I saw Ted Nugent in 1988, and my ears rang for a week, that dude plays way to loud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren Zevon

Sadly, most of the concerts I've been to I can't remember too well. Highlights were the '94 Reading Festival ( Ice Cube was surprisingly awesome, as were Cypress Hill), Pearl Jam touring everywhere on the beginning of the Ten tour, and...Weezer. Their live show was very, very tight.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I just about find live music just about too loud now. Get off my lawn, you kids!!

Ha. I saw Ted Nugent in 1988, and my ears rang for a week, that dude plays way to loud.

I love the Lemmy (from Motörhead) philosophy on live sound mixing. "Everything louder than everything else!" Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Anybody here been to Woodstock?

My dad and my uncle were on their way to it, riding bitch on an old Honda motorcycle, ended up wiping out and had to go home. Never made it there.

My older sister promised me that she would take me with her but her boyfriend nixed it. They had a miserable experience. They went prepared with food, tents and changes of clothes but they ended up in complete chaos, had to give all their food away to people who were not prepared and saw very little music. They left when it started raining.

I did go to the Atlantic City Pop Festival at the Atlantic City racetrack two weeks earlier. It didn't get the notoriety of Woodstock and there were a lot less people, but it had a pretty good lineup and was a blast. Janis Joplin, Procol Harum, Santana, Little Richard, Joni Mitchell, Creedence Clearwater, Joe Cocker, Jefferson Airplane, Chicago, Byrds, Mamas and Papas, Chambers Brothers, Iron Butterfly and a lot more. The highlights for me was getting right up against the stage for Janis Joplin's set, and hearing some guy I never heard of (Joe Cocker) do "With a Little Help from My Friends". Blew my young mind. CSNY and The Moody Blues were supposed to be there but didn't show.

So many other stories. I was 16 years old and way out of my element. I doubt I could have handled Woodstock.

Bill M

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin007

My dad and my uncle were on their way to it, riding bitch on an old Honda motorcycle, ended up wiping out and had to go home. Never made it there.

My older sister promised me that she would take me with her but her boyfriend nixed it. They had a miserable experience. They went prepared with food, tents and changes of clothes but they ended up in complete chaos, had to give all their food away to people who were not prepared and saw very little music. They left when it started raining.

I did go to the Atlantic City Pop Festival at the Atlantic City racetrack two weeks earlier. It didn't get the notoriety of Woodstock and there were a lot less people, but it had a pretty good lineup and was a blast. Janis Joplin, Procol Harum, Santana, Little Richard, Joni Mitchell, Creedence Clearwater, Joe Cocker, Jefferson Airplane, Chicago, Byrds, Mamas and Papas, Chambers Brothers, Iron Butterfly and a lot more. The highlights for me was getting right up against the stage for Janis Joplin's set, and hearing some guy I never heard of (Joe Cocker) do "With a Little Help from My Friends". Blew my young mind. CSNY and The Moody Blues were supposed to be there but didn't show.

So many other stories. I was 16 years old and way out of my element. I doubt I could have handled Woodstock.

That is quite a line up!  I would have loved to see that.  I would have only been 9 though.  Still, many of those were bands I loved at the time.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin007

Originally Posted by boogielicious

That is quite a line up!  I would have loved to see that.  I would have only been 9 though.  Still, many of those were bands I loved at the time.

$15 for the three days.

I keep looking for myself in this photo because I was right there up against the stage during her set. I was so close to her that, at one point she was shocked by her mike and spit, right on me.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!