IGNORED

2015 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gary Mule Deer is the 2015 winner of the Danny Gans Memorial Award for the least funny Vegas comedian the Golf Channel inexplicably insists on giving airtime to.

I had never heard of him until Friday when GC wasted five minutes of my life giving him air time.  I don't know what kind of comedian he is supposed to be, but he didn't win a fan on Friday.  That had to be the most unfunny and uncomfortable interview I've ever seen.  His delivery and jokes were painful to watch along with his insistence at close talking to the camera.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Muledeer was part of a class of comics that all emerged around the same time. Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Tim Thomerson, Rich Hall and Gary Muledeer. Rich Hall and Muledeer were broadly similar in style but neither one could seem to maintain any real momentum in the states. For whatever reason, Rich Hall became very popular in the UK. Tim Thomerson had a funny act back in the day, but certainly didn't catch on as well as Williams or Martin. He did some acting and kind of faded away as well. I actually thought that I heard that Gary Muledeer had died years ago... Maybe that's why he made it to the show- he was resurrected by TIger's Coach... And wound up with the same quality material as Tigers new 'game'. "rimshot.wav"

The seventh just seems a waste of time at 98 yards... Just give them the birdie and move on.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

The seventh just seems a waste of time at 98 yards... Just give them the birdie and move on.

Not even close, especially when the wind is up, as it almost always is. A lot of pressure too, when you feel that you almost have to make 2....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
She was/is a kid, and because of her looks and propensity towards the alcohol, she was labeled incorrectly.

I disagree. I think she was labeled correctly.

As for the actual topic… I'm recording and may watch later if I hear it's interesting.

Disc golf has a term - a "deuce or die" hole. It's a hole where if you don't make a 2 you're losing strokes to the field. No problem with that in golf, because as has been noted, the 7th is normally difficult enough on its own…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not even close, especially when the wind is up, as it almost always is.

A lot of pressure too, when you feel that you almost have to make 2....

As for the actual topic… I'm recording and may watch later if I hear it's interesting.

Disc golf has a term - a "deuce or die" hole. It's a hole where if you don't make a 2 you're losing strokes to the field. No problem with that in golf, because as has been noted, the 7th is normally difficult enough on its own…

Fair enough, only been watching the last 15 minutes and it's seemed a piece of cake!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I kind of like it actually.  It's cool to see how close the pro's can get to the flag off a perfect lie from 98 yards out.  It gives the good short wedge players a chance to cut a stroke off their score against the big hitters that don't hit their wedges as well.

Joe Paradiso

I had to tweet the Golf Channel to start showing Daly more often,

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I've seen Matt Jones use a pre shot routine where he swings the club with just his bottom hand.  I'm curious what he's trying to work on and if that's a good drill to incorporate into my practice.

Joe Paradiso

Furyk was enjoying the view :-D

Great job at advancing the ball.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

How does Phil Simm's mother dying make it into the broadcast?  Not only is she not a part of golf, but Phil Simm's is a football announcer.  A shitty one, at that.

I like CBS's coverage but it's just so soft sometimes.  What with Nantz (who is increasingly annoying) doing his Jim Huber routine and all the "good friends" sponsors who lie through their teeth about the charitable donations.

"Witty golf quote."

Nantz is friends with Simms and they do broadcasts for the NFL so I guess CBS and Nantz felt it was appropriate to pay their respects to the Simms family on air.  I didn't have an issue with it but was shocked in these PC days that Nantz got away with saying "God bless..."

Joe Paradiso

So the guy who won the pro-am with Pat Perez at -42 is an 8 handicap who shot even par on his own ball they said at Monterey Penisula? Helped Perez 25 shots for the tournament?

I call bulls**t. Ain't no 8 handicap can shoot par, especially on a tough course set up for tournament conditions. Guy has to be a huge sandbagger and ought be DQ'ed right here and now :mad:

Steve

Congratulations Sneds!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!