IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 3001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well THAT was a pleasant surprise from my Giants.  Not the prettiest win in the world but I'll take it.  Any time we beat a division rival like Washington is great.

The NFC EAST is completely up for grabs with Romo and Bryant both sidelined.  It is hilarious to me that after a short week of total angst and meltdown in Giants fandom, we now have undisputed possession of 2nd place in the division, behind a team that has lost all three of their offensive engines from last year.

It is sure starting out a a crazy year.

Buffalo will be a good test for us and fortunately we should be getting back several of our injured guys - hopefully Victor Cruz and Ereck Flowers, among others. Hold it together through a rough start with injuries and then get healthy and hot for the big rush at the end.  Hmmm, where have I heard that before?  Could lightening strike a third time?  LOL  Sorry, just a moment of fantasy.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well THAT was a pleasant surprise from my Giants.  Not the prettiest win in the world but I'll take it.  Any time we beat a division rival like Washington is great.

The NFC EAST is completely up for grabs with Romo and Bryant both sidelined.  It is hilarious to me that after a short week of total angst and meltdown in Giants fandom, we now have undisputed possession of 2nd place in the division, behind a team that has lost all three of their offensive engines from last year.

It is sure starting out a a crazy year.

Buffalo will be a good test for us and fortunately we should be getting back several of our injured guys - hopefully Victor Cruz and Ereck Flowers, among others. Hold it together through a rough start with injuries and then get healthy and hot for the big rush at the end.  Hmmm, where have I heard that before?  Could lightening strike a third time?  LOL  Sorry, just a moment of fantasy.

I wouldn't get too excited, the Redskins this year are slightly better than most H.S. football teams.  The Redskins had the opportunity to make the Giants sweat but fortunately for them Jones fumbled the ball in the end zone early in the 4th quarter.

Buffalo's defense is much better than anyone they've faced so it will be interesting.  Beckham is an amazing WR and when Cruz returns their offense should improve.

Joe Paradiso

Well THAT was a pleasant surprise from my Giants.  Not the prettiest win in the world but I'll take it.  Any time we beat a division rival like Washington is great. The NFC EAST is completely up for grabs with Romo and Bryant both sidelined.  It is hilarious to me that after a short week of total angst and meltdown in Giants fandom, we now have undisputed possession of 2nd place in the division, behind a team that has lost all three of their offensive engines from last year. It is sure starting out a a crazy year. Buffalo will be a good test for us and fortunately we should be getting back several of our injured guys - hopefully Victor Cruz and Ereck Flowers, among others. Hold it together through a rough start with injuries and then get healthy and hot for the big rush at the end.  Hmmm, where have I heard that before?  Could lightening strike a third time?  LOL  Sorry, just a moment of fantasy.

It could happen but it looks like the competition will be better than in those years.

What's wrong with the Raiders? ;-)

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

What's wrong with the Raiders?

they are the Raiders :hmm:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

What's wrong with the Raiders?

Same thing that's wrong with the Browns, it's tough to do well when your #1 picks don't pan out.

2014 - Khalil Mack - DE - starter

2013 - DJ Hayden - CB - starter

2012 - Tony Bergstrom - T - backup

2011 - Stefen Wisniewski - C - no longer on team

2010 - Rolando McClain - LB - no longer on team

2009 - Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - no longer on team

2008 - Darren McFadden - RB - no longer on team

2007 - JaMarcus Russell - QB - no longer in NFL

In 2014 they had a good draft that included Derek Carr, Gabe Jackson, Justin Ellis, TJ Carrie who are all starters.  If they continue to draft as they did in 2014 they will improve greatly.

Joe Paradiso

Same thing that's wrong with the Browns, it's tough to do well when your #1 picks don't pan out.

2014 - Khalil Mack - DE - starter

2013 - DJ Hayden - CB - starter

2012 - Tony Bergstrom - T - backup

2011 - Stefen Wisniewski - C - no longer on team

2010 - Rolando McClain - LB - no longer on team

2009 - Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - no longer on team

2008 - Darren McFadden - RB - no longer on team

2007 - JaMarcus Russell - QB - no longer in NFL

In 2014 they had a good draft that included Derek Carr, Gabe Jackson, Justin Ellis, TJ Carrie who are all starters.  If they continue to draft as they did in 2014 they will improve greatly.

I was being sarcastic, it looks like they will likely be 3-1 after this sunday against the bears, as far as draft picks Wisnewski was a second rounder and Bergstrom was a 3rd round compensatory Hayden was the first real 1st round pick since Al Davis passed, By all appearances and it's early but Amari Cooper looks extremely seasoned for a rookie, took the Browns Haden to school last sunday, this team may have an outside shot at a wildcard this year.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Ain't that the sad truth...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

So is Super Bowl matchup already set?  I know the cards and Bengals are going strong for now but I feel like its a packers and patriots Super Bowl this year.  Obviously if Rodgers or Brady go down all bets are off that being said they both have the inside track at home field advantage (I know its early) and both qb's seem to have extra motivation.  Brady's being obvious and Rodgers trying to get another ring after the meltdown the packers had in the NFC championship last year.  I don't see either team having more than 2 or 3 losses going forward.  With the injuries to big ben, the colts laying an egg, and Dalton being well Dalton in the playoffs I don't see a real threat to New England.   In the NFC Green Bay's biggest threat is/was Seattle who they now have beat and are 2.5 games lead of in the standing.  The NFC East is a joke, Detroit seemed a formidable foe last year but it looks like they will drop to 0-4 after this week.  Atlanta could be a tough task but they still have to prove they have a defense.  Arizona and GB play week 16 in Arizona but looking at each teams schedule I would guess GB would come in with a better record.  Also Palmer has a significant injury history.  Rodgers is in his prime and looks like he can do anything he wants on the field.  Im pulling for a Packers Super Bowl win (for obvious reasons). 

So is Super Bowl matchup already set?  I know the cards and Bengals are going strong for now but I feel like its a packers and patriots Super Bowl this year.  Obviously if Rodgers or Brady go down all bets are off that being said they both have the inside track at home field advantage (I know its early) and both qb's seem to have extra motivation.  Brady's being obvious and Rodgers trying to get another ring after the meltdown the packers had in the NFC championship last year.  I don't see either team having more than 2 or 3 losses going forward.  With the injuries to big ben, the colts laying an egg, and Dalton being well Dalton in the playoffs I don't see a real threat to New England.   In the NFC Green Bay's biggest threat is/was Seattle who they now have beat and are 2.5 games lead of in the standing.  The NFC East is a joke, Detroit seemed a formidable foe last year but it looks like they will drop to 0-4 after this week.  Atlanta could be a tough task but they still have to prove they have a defense.  Arizona and GB play week 16 in Arizona but looking at each teams schedule I would guess GB would come in with a better record.  Also Palmer has a significant injury history.  Rodgers is in his prime and looks like he can do anything he wants on the field.  Im pulling for a Packers Super Bowl win (for obvious reasons). 

Way too early IMO, beyond the obvious Pats, GB, Sea I think Denver should be included with these 3 teams, after these 4 I see AZ, Cinn, Atl, Ind as the next tier. After that I see the next group being teams that are getting those last playoff spots(wildcards) NYJ, KC, Minn, NYG, this last group are teams that will be in contention up until either the last or next to last week, Oak, Buff, Dall, StL.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

Hey why did Dan Snyder ask for his change?....

Because he desperately needs a Quarterback!!!!!!!!!

(and I'm a skins fan)

But really... I forgot the NYJ vs MIA game started at 9:30 AM!!!  I was actually going to drop Jordan Cameron on my fantasy team and pick up a different TE...

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Detroit got screwed by the refs last night and it absolutely cost them a win. I thought it would be reviewable because it was a turnover but, by rule, whether the player batted the ball is considered a subjective decision and subjective decisions made by the refs are not reviewable.

Bill M

Detroit got screwed by the refs last night and it absolutely cost them a win. I thought it would be reviewable because it was a turnover but, by rule, whether the player batted the ball is considered a subjective decision and subjective decisions made by the refs are not reviewable.

I didn't know the rule before last night, neither did the ref obviously.  I think that's one where they should have consulted and if it was confirmed that the Seattle player did bat the ball out of the end zone they should have thrown a late flag. 

When you only have 16 games to play each one is critical to making the playoffs and in this case I agree Detroit was robbed of a victory and the league really needs to consider enhancing the officiating with the addition of an eye in the sky even for penalties. 

Joe Paradiso

When you only have 16 games to play each one is critical to making the playoffs and in this case I agree Detroit was robbed of a victory and the league really needs to consider enhancing the officiating with the addition of an eye in the sky even for penalties. 

Tell that to Indy who routinely sat Peyton Manning the last game or last few games when they clinched their playoff spot. Not always the case is every game critical. 

Just found this article, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25329379/stallworth-brady-paid-practice-squad-players-if-they-intercepted-him

If true that is an awesome idea. I would bet the young DB's would love to say they made money off of Brady by picking him off. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Just found this article, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25329379/stallworth-brady-paid-practice-squad-players-if-they-intercepted-him

If true that is an awesome idea. I would bet the young DB's would love to say they made money off of Brady by picking him off. 

Wow, the difference between him and Ryan Tannehill -   haha ...  That's crazy!  Coaches had to tell practice squad to go easy on Tannehill apparently...

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I didn't know the rule before last night, neither did the ref obviously.  I think that's one where they should have consulted and if it was confirmed that the Seattle player did bat the ball out of the end zone they should have thrown a late flag. 

If he didn't, then he should be fired. Roosevelt Colvin tweeted that the Pats practiced this very play in 2003-4. Pete Carroll knew the rule and knew he got away with it. There is no excuse for the NFL not to get these plays right. It's 2015! More egg on Goodell's face.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

If he didn't, then he should be fired. Roosevelt Colvin tweeted that the Pats practiced this very play in 2003-4. Pete Carroll knew the rule and knew he got away with it. There is no excuse for the NFL not to get these plays right. It's 2015! More egg on Goodell's face.

Its the difference between a play that has last happened in 2013 compared to something like holding which happens 2-3 times a game. 

There are typically about 50 different penalties that are called during a season. Honestly I don't see the issue with punching the ball. In the end if you punch the ball as soon as it's covered or picked up it should be a dead ball. Once it's punched it can not advanced.

With the current rule book the refs did blow that call. In the end do you want to make a call on if someone intently did something? Most refs rather let the players decide the game instead of making a bad call. To a lot of refs it's better to make a bad no-call than a bad call. I believe in the book, Scorecasting, refs are taught that it's better to make a bad no-call over a bad call. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Its the difference between a play that has last happened in 2013 compared to something like holding which happens 2-3 times a game.

There are typically about 50 different penalties that are called during a season. Honestly I don't see the issue with punching the ball. In the end if you punch the ball as soon as it's covered or picked up it should be a dead ball. Once it's punched it can not advanced.

With the current rule book the refs did blow that call. In the end do you want to make a call on if someone intently did something? Most refs rather let the players decide the game instead of making a bad call. To a lot of refs it's better to make a bad no-call than a bad call. I believe in the book, Scorecasting, refs are taught that it's better to make a bad no-call over a bad call.

They should have thrown a flag and after consultation decided to pick it up if was not a penalty.    One of them had to see the Seahawk punch the ball out of the back of the end zone, so I'm guessing they didn't throw a flag because they didn't know they should have thrown one. 

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!