IGNORED

Joe vs pro

VegasRenegade
Note: This thread is 3335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Joe (20 Handicap, Better Ball Scramble)
    • Pro (3 Handicap, Worst Ball Scramble)

While I play to win this is a big part of my improvement plan. Ie learning to stay lose under pressure.

Loose.

Freudian slip?  Hope it's not what's in the back of his mind. :smartass:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasRenegade

While I play to win this is a big part of my improvement plan. Ie learning to stay lose under pressure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Loose.

Freudian slip?  Hope it's not what's in the back of his mind.

AGHHHHHHHH

• Administrator

please post comments on the other thread this is just to vote who will win.

I moved the poll to this thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Great range session today. Hit 4 drives in a row between two . Pal trees 15 yards apart at 230, they were rolling but great for me,

First shot keep them straight and in play as you described, then on your second shots bomb the heck out of them!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

If we both play from the same tees would I be better of picking whites 6200 or blues 6800 yards, whites would give me many more approach from inside 150 but would give pro the same from inside 125?

• Administrator

If we both play from the same tees would I be better of picking whites 6200 or blues 6800 yards, whites would give me many more approach from inside 150 but would give pro the same from inside 125?

His strength is the long game. His weakness is the short game.

I think you minimize his strengths and play from 6200 yards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Voted for Pro but Rooting for Joe.

Of course @Golfingdad has me so confused now that I no longer know who is who...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Voted for Pro but Rooting for Joe. Of course @Golfingdad has me so confused now that I no longer know who is who...

Life pro tip: When in doubt, assume golfingdad is full of shit, as the chances are usually quite high.

I've never played with a teaching pro, but I've played with some who have claimed to be single-digit and I'm higher than a 20.

What I noticed is that their games weren't so much better that I wouldn't mind risking $20 just to see how it would turn out. I think you put in these rules and it becomes a real possibility. Then again, my experience is a small sampling, people aren't always honest about what they really shoot, and I suffer from delusions of grandeur. Looking at it objectively, I'd probably have no chance. It might be worth the $20 just to watch some good golf.

Jon

I'm going to go against conventional wisdom. By the stats, I'll bet that the consensus is right- you should win. But he's more seasoned, and he will probably know how to keep his wits about him and score each hole at par or bogey.  You, will get delusions of grandeur and when you miss on your first shot, you will feel the pressure and not be able to get your second shot into a playable position enough to avoid double-bogeys occasionally.  No offense- I'll just go against the statistical probabilities and go with experience in competition.  I just think there's a reason we typically don't have 20HCP players go last on scrambles- they just can't be relied upon to hit a playable shot.

But I'll cheer for you, how's that?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Hit 4 drives in a row between two . Pal trees 15 yards apart at 230, they were rolling but great for me,

Hit them great in a flight scope session today

Not looking good for the pro ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I voted Joe, @VegasRenegade . Worst ball is a tough format and better ball will lower every golfer's scores. You'll shave a few strokes just from having a second chance on putts.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Practice session at a local course that I think is harder than UH, more trouble tougher greens. Played fron nine twice alone two best ball. Shot 43,38 nothing worse than bogie one bird, only had two bad drives together twice but always one was in play. Many times put first drive in fairway 215 220 then improve it by 20 tp 40 yards. Biggest advantage for me from 40 yards second shot most always improvement. Also long putts, if first one got away second was close. Only made one put after missing first 8ft for par. New hybrids are great on this hard dry course 5 hybrid was going 200 yards.

Practice session at a local course that I think is harder than UH, more trouble tougher greens. Played fron nine twice alone two best ball. Shot 43,38 nothing worse than bogie one bird, only had two bad drives together twice but always one was in play. Many times put first drive in fairway 215 220 then improve it by 20 tp 40 yards. Biggest advantage for me from 40 yards second shot most always improvement. Also long putts, if first one got away second was close. Only made one put after missing first 8ft for par. New hybrids are great on this hard dry course 5 hybrid was going 200 yards.

Are you sure about your 20HC?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yep but I have been working hard, practicing two hours a day. So far it has not transferred to the course, but it is so close. I can play great in streaks but then the weels fall off. Pro suggested I start playing competitive rounds to push myself not to let the pressure get to me. I am playing in the Golf week amature tour D flight. First event I was dead last with 117, second event third from last 106, last event just out of the money with 98, I think switching to the hybrids may get me there.

Note: This thread is 3335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!