IGNORED

What do you really think when you see a guy playing yellow balls?

Artimas
Note: This thread is 3091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

WTF? Was he messing with you or do you think he was serious?

Oh...I missed that....To the OP, tell em to SUCK it....unless they were joking.. :-D

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really, do you have a negative (or positive) reaction to yellow balls?

Does it matter if they're a good or bad player?

Who cares what color ball someone plays?  Can they keep pace and do they have any clue about etiquette?  That's what matters more to me, and there is no relationship between those things and ball color.

Doesn't matter in the least........  I never buy colored balls, but will play found ones providing it's a good ball.    if a guy was playing a pink ball, I might think this is strange!!

I have a buddy who used to play a pink ball, wore pink shoes and a pink shirt for club competitions.  He's a low single digit handicapper and is about 6'4".  He just liked to mess with guys heads.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I was thinking about getting these balls. Is that bad? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/115528/] [/URL]

These aren't very good balls. If they were a premium ball, I'd have no problem playing them. :-)

• Upvote 1

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

These aren't very good balls. If they were a premium ball, I'd have no problem playing them.

I know of a very good bowler that uses a hello kitty spare ball.  He does this to get reactions.....  His average is around 230.   LOL

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I don't have a problem with what color ball the person uses. I use yellow balls myself sometimes. I have even played in cancer charity tournaments where we used those pink balls with a ribbon on them. Good, bad, or indifferent style of play is not problem either. If it gets too bad, I just excuse myself, and let the problem(s) play a head. I am there to play golf , and have fun. :dance:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I was actually hoarding all the hot pink glittery Callaway Solaire balls I'd found over the years to play as a goof one day, but I wound up giving them to my mother when I decided to take her out to play one time last year. Now I have nothing to match my pink polo shirt.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Now I have nothing to match my pink polo shirt.

More men should wear pink. It's actually a very flattering color on all complexions. I guarantee if you wear a pink shirt to work you will get a ton of compliments.

• Upvote 1

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

More men should wear pink. It's actually a very flattering color on all complexions. I guarantee if you wear a pink shirt to work you will get a ton of compliments.

Haha, that's the biggest reason I wear them! Positive reinforcement is a heck of a thing

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I figure that anyone playing yellow is just trying to copy me.

I play them to keep myself (and fellow competitors) from hitting the wrong ball.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Quote:

Originally Posted by vangator

These aren't very good balls. If they were a premium ball, I'd have no problem playing them.

I know of a very good bowler that uses a hello kitty spare ball.  He does this to get reactions.....  His average is around 230.   LOL

Sounds like Bubba Watson needs to up his game and add a Hello Kitty to that pink driver.

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Just to give a serious response, I think as a novice it would be useful for me to use colored balls rather than white. I have only ever hit white balls, but thinking about it, seems that neon yellow or orange might be a better choice.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron

I think, "At least they're not going to play mine by accident."

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I figure that anyone playing yellow is just trying to copy me.

I play them to keep myself (and fellow competitors) from hitting the wrong ball.

Hahahaha....too funny.    Not to mention the jackass playing an adjacent hole "Mistakenly" playing YOUR BALL!   In my experience, a distinctive mark is what you need!!   Nobody steals my balls anymore..............in fact, club members go out of their way to return my lost balls!!  They don't want to keep them.

My mark...........LOL

My balls are always returned, with a story!!    It goes like this....." Why did you it into the ditch on #2?" ....or something like that!!........LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Completely agree...I'm in the Pink.... :-D

Completely agree...I'm in the Pink....

Are you being blue when talking about the pink?

You know, I actually read an article a while back about why pink became the "girl" color, and apparently females see a broader range of colors than males do, and pink, being more subtle, is universally appealing for females. Nevertheless, whatever the case, it is a very flattering color. And it's just silly if men avoid the color. Especially single men. Ladies will notice it.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron

I have at least one pink shirt. I think I need a Hawaiian pink shirt now! I got a purple one for my birthday.
  • Upvote 1

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I was thinking about getting these balls. Is that bad?

Not at all!  I got these as a present and have played them for fun.  They're not very good balls though.

That being said, yellow balls are particularly hard to find when there are dandelions blooming.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!