IGNORED

The 2015 Newport Cup

iacas
Note: This thread is 3036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great to hear!

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it bad that I check this daily to see if I made the team?

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Is it bad that I check this daily to see if I made the team?

No. Not at all.

@mvmac will announce the first four members of our respective teams by July 10.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No. Not at all.

@mvmac will announce the first four members of our respective teams by July 10.

Great to hear. Ill be looking out for the announcement so flight arrangements can be made if I make the team.

Kyle Paulhus

• Administrator

Current Plans…

@mvmac and I will name the first four members of our respective teams this week, possibly as early as tomorrow.

In the next two weeks, we'll name the other two members.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Current Plans…

@mvmac and I will name the first four members of our respective teams this week, possibly as early as tomorrow.

In the next two weeks, we'll name the other two members.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator

We're going to get started shortly.

Again, @mvmac and I are selecting the first 4 of 6 Newport Cup contestants for each team. They won't be in any particular order.

We'll select the remaining two members of the team within the next two weeks. Look for our 4th selection post to see who is strongly in the running for those final two spots…

• Administrator

With the first selection in the draft , and choosing from all of the single-digit index golfers east of the Mississippi River, the Blue team selects long-time TST staff member, full-time golf fan, and part-time goon…

Blue Team

1. @jamo .

@jamo somehow has found the time to get an engineering degree and get and maintain a low single digit handicap in between all of his cooking and sarcastic comment writing. @jamo will serve as the team's anchor, and may or may not drive a submarine to the Newport Cup, but if he does, the victorious blue team will undoubtedly take many victory laps around the nearest deep water hazard.

With the second selection in the draft , t he Red team selects multiple member of the month awards winner, purple sweater aficionado and all around good guy.......

Red Team

1. @Golfingdad

Drew joined TST in 2012 and quickly became a very active member, he actually has more posts than I do. So I think it's clear he loves golf and especially loves talking about golf. Looking for a lot of long drives and clutch putts from Drew. And for him to be wearing some interesting pants.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Hoooo boy. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've been taken first in a draft. You're positive you don't want to take Antonio Brown? :) Let's go Blue team! Should be a whole lot of fun!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I like the first two selections and the process is cool.  "Draft picks" and drawing out the drama.  Well done.

Brian Kuehn

I like the first two selections and the process is cool.  "Draft picks" and drawing out the drama.  Well done.

+1.

This is great.

Michael

• Administrator

With the second selection for the (ultimately winning) Blue Team , a controversial pick given some of his recent rounds, and arguably the longest hitter on The Sand Trap .com:

Blue Team

1. @jamo .

2. @saevel25

@saevel25 makes the Blue Team 2 for 2 in choosing engineers (hey, wait, @Golfingdad is an engineer too…) and will be able to regale both teams with wild and crazy stories about being a traffic engineer for the city of Dayton, OH. Matt, or "Dough" as I (and thus far only I seem to) call him, has a clubhead speed with the driver of north of 125 MPH and routinely flies his clubs two, three, even four yards past me. Okay, maybe a bit more than that. Dough's been struggling lately but has turned the corner just in time to earn this selection, though prematurely to keep an artificially high handicap for the festivities in Arizona.

Coming up next for the Blue Team… not an Engineer. At least I don't think so.

With my second selection in the draft , t he Red team selects TST staffer, our own desert fox.....

Red Team

1. @Golfingdad

2. @tristanhilton85

Tristan has been a TST staff member for several years and he's provided a lot of great review and equipment content. Tristan is used to playing in 120 degree heat so he'll be right at home with the Newport Cup being played in Phoenix. He also just just got fit for a new driver today so the Blue team is in a lot of trouble.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just a heads up, I shot a 42 on Saturday, so I'm practically a PGA pro now. And you can keep the engineer trend going.

(just kidding, I'm still about 8 strokes away from SD...I'll be gunning for the 2016 rematch, sounds like a good time. ;) )

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Go Blue team... That's a bit hard to say as a Bucks fan.

Hope it's ok that I'm more than a little jealous of those who made/make the team and disappointed in myself for not even being close to having the handicap to be considered.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

No surprises yet.. I think maybe the last couple picks will be interesting, although I have to admit as of right now I have to give Mikes team the edge..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator

Okay, I'm choosing @Slice of Life .

Just kidding. Besides, it's not like his new wife would let him go on a golf trip within the first few months of his marriage anyway. Ba-dump-bump…

With the third (third time is a charm, right?) selection in the draft , I'm going to choose someone who, so far as I know, is not an engineer, though this person is someone who will help to engineer a victory for the obviously superior (and much better looking) Blue East Coast team. Plus our dicks are bigger. :)

Blue Team

1. @jamo .

2. @saevel25

3. @SavvySwede

@SavvySwede , whose real name is "Vince" and who needs a nickname pronto, is one of the youngest members of the team at 27 (though @jamo has the market cornered there, sorry @SavvySwede , but at least you can buy alcohol…). He started playing golf when he was 15 (that's almost half his life), and he works on the grounds of a private club, so he'll be able to appreciate the work that goes into maintaining the golf course. He may even be able to check the soil parameters to see if the tears of the defeated Red Team are resulting in too much salinity for proper pH for good grass growing conditions.

@SavvySwede is single, and an animal lover. I don't think that's relevant, but he included it in his profile, so… there you go.

Welcome aboard, @SavvySwede ! I look forward to your impression of this guy:

Note: This thread is 3036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!