IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Obviously I haven't read every post in this thread but here is my take on the tournament.  Great field and experience really pays off at Augusta National.  The one major that is played at the same place every year.  The more you make the field, the better your course management should be.  I thought Tiger played really well and was glad for him and golf as a whole.  Rory might need to rethink his schedule in the future.  I think he needs to play more tournaments prior to the Masters but as of yet, Rory hasn't asked for my opinion on how he might improve his game.  Jordan's lack of experience did cost him if my theory is correct.  Two Sunday examples would be on hole number 2 and 16.  The putt from the frog on 2 really needs to get past the pin.  Much easier putt from what I saw.  The chip on 16 from behind the green has to get past the pin.  That was a tough downhill fast putt that he made for par.  I am not criticizing, just saying that experience is a big advantage on this golf course.  Look no further than the shots the Phil pulled of on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
I'm really confused to what's going here

I don't know either, but I've restricted @trickyputt to put an end to whatever the heck that is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Obviously I haven't read every post in this thread but here is my take on the tournament.  Great field and experience really pays off at Augusta National.  The one major that is played at the same place every year.  The more you make the field, the better your course management should be.  I thought Tiger played really well and was glad for him and golf as a whole.  Rory might need to rethink his schedule in the future.  I think he needs to play more tournaments prior to the Masters but as of yet, Rory hasn't asked for my opinion on how he might improve his game.  Jordan's lack of experience did cost him if my theory is correct.  Two Sunday examples would be on hole number 2 and 16.  The putt from the frog on 2 really needs to get past the pin.  Much easier putt from what I saw.  The chip on 16 from behind the green has to get past the pin.  That was a tough downhill fast putt that he made for par.  I am not criticizing, just saying that experience is a big advantage on this golf course.  Look no further than the shots the Phil pulled of on Sunday.

yep - makes Jordan's feat even more impressive since it was only his second Masters.....on another note, can you believe Dustin Johnson's three eagles in a single round on Saturday....unbelievable.

@iacas thanks ... that was offensive and just was not going to end well at all ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Back to the Master's.... I like one interview, might have been after Saturday, where Spieth basically said he was playing Sunday one day and one hole and one shot at a time and doing his best to ignore the leaderboard and just play his game as best as he can regardless of where he sits on the leaderboard. (Paraphrased heavily) Just do your best one shot at a time. Golf is what it is. Off to reading and watching the next tournament.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

WTF are you talking about? I'll leave your racially tinged post up. It makes you look ridiculous. Incoherent and racist.

Usually hate that word being thrown around indiscriminately but I believe it applies here. Fairly surprising post there.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Spieth is very easy to like, although not particularly colorful like Tiger, Phil ,or Bubba.  Although you can say the same about Rory.  But it doesn't matter.  They have interesting games and it's very exciting that the no. 1 & 2 players are 25 & 21.  This is not the sport where that's supposed to happen.  Hell, it doesn't even happen in tennis anymore.

I love the idea that we could have a 10-15 year rivalry between Rory and Spieth.  One Euro, one American.  Contrasting styles.  Could be awesome.

"Witty golf quote."

Spieth is very easy to like, although not particularly colorful like Tiger, Phil ,or Bubba.  Although you can say the same about Rory.  But it doesn't matter.  They have interesting games and it's very exciting that the no. 1 & 2 players are 25 & 21.  This is not the sport where that's supposed to happen.  Hell, it doesn't even happen in tennis anymore.

I love the idea that we could have a 10-15 year rivalry between Rory and Spieth.  One Euro, one American.  Contrasting styles.  Could be awesome.

I would love to see Rory and Spieth go head-to-head for the foreseeable future. What's funny for me is that even though I am an American, I think I'd root for Rory first.

That's not to say that Spieth isn't worthy or good enough or whatever, but Rory interests me more than Spieth for some reason.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

He's not going to gain 20 yards. He looks in good shape. I would not mess with his swing. I think he might be able to gain 5-10 more yards. I doubt he will be a player who consistently threatens 300 yards.

He seems to think it's unlikely he will every gain much extra distance. He could go the other route and maintain his slightly above average distance and become Chris DiMarco accurate. That would strengthen his playing for position approach to course management.

Now that is a MEGA pixel camera....

If it's a real shot, I expect it's some sort of 'forbidden' device (cam corder?) camouflaged as a camera.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jordan-spieth-s-biggest-prize-for-winning-the-masters-%E2%80%93-telling-his-sister-he-won-021655897.html

That was a cute/funny anecdote as he related it.

Kevin

I would love to see Rory and Spieth go head-to-head for the foreseeable future. What's funny for me is that even though I am an American, I think I'd root for Rory first.

That's not to say that Spieth isn't worthy or good enough or whatever, but Rory interests me more than Spieth for some reason.

It would depend on the moment for me.

"Witty golf quote."

The Masters - an overview on PBS w/John Feinstein: [video]https://youtu.be/6kY2l3zJdus[/video]
  • Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The Masters - an overview on PBS w/John Feinstein:

Wonder if PBS is trying for lower ratings (if even possible)...........can't stand Feinstein....

• Upvote 1

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

He seems to think it's unlikely he will every gain much extra distance. He could go the other route and maintain his slightly above average distance and become Chris DiMarco accurate. That would strengthen his playing for position approach to course management.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to think he needs to improve much more. Just keep doing what he's doing, surely?

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Didnt manage to go this yr, thou, everyone who goes, seems to have good things to say - especially re course prices for food/drnks, and the friendliness of the helpers.

Saw a TV insert, about how u can play the course, as a non-member.

Unless u get invited, its a very hard course to play, but, course helpers are all invited back, 2-3 mths after the event, to play. Not sure if there is a handicap requirement - but, even so, its a v nice gesture.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
More than "v hard" - pretty much impossible for the everyday golfer.

How do you figure? Heck, Oakmont is tougher. Tons of courses are tougher and played by the average golfer.

The member tees at Augusta National aren't even very long.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!