IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That couldn't be further from the truth.....

Did you forget Rickie's performance at all four majors last year? Try and tell me it was his looks that made him finish that high and be in the top 20 world wide rankings.

I love how people totally misconstrue what I say.  Rickie did have 1 very good year.  And has a grand total of 2 wins.  In his 6 years on tour.  That doesn't negate anything I said.

My lawwwwdd Jason Day is fun to watch.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Rickie was hyped for the same reason Adam Scott, Charles Howell, and Aaron Baddely were hyped; he was a young, handsome, hardbody that the powers-that-be wanted to be good.  It was never so much about golf ability as it was looks.

Hmmm, I think you way underestimate Fowler's Golf Ability and that is ok, just saying.

I love how people totally misconstrue what I say.  Rickie did have 1 very good year.  And has a grand total of 2 wins.  In his 6 years on tour.  That doesn't negate anything I said.

I'm not sure where you get your facts from. Maybe the two wins you're talking about "you heard from someone". He does have one win on tour. He went through a huge swing change when going to Butch. And if you read what you posted earlier you basically said the "powers to be" only wanted him to be good because of his looks.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Dude just doesn't have it anymore. But you keep choking on it; its ok I won't tell anyone.

Aren't you so brave, being a jerk on the Internet. I'm not saying he'll break jacks record, but I think doomsday proclamations made because of 15 holes of one round after a nine week layoff is pretty damn premature. Back on topic: So glad to see Jason Day play well. Dude is one of my favorite players.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Fowler's a good player, but so far he's not produced the results that I think many of us thought he would get. We all thought him and Rory were going to be trading jabs at each other for years to come, but so far only one of them has been holding up the trophies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfnz34me

I'm not sure where you get your facts from. Maybe the two wins you're talking about "you heard from someone". He does have one win on tour. He went through a huge swing change when going to Butch. And if you read what you posted earlier you basically said the "powers to be" only wanted him to be good because of his looks.

One win was from an Asian tour.   Fowler had good showing in majors last year. That's wasn't shabby.   But unless something happens, I don't see him rising to the next level.  He should focus on golf instead of selling hats ... a low blow, I know.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Something to remember here, Tiger fans.  According to something I heard somewhere, no-one has ever won the Masters after being more than 4 shots off the lead the first day.

Tiger was seven strokes back after round 1 in 2005. Not to mention the fallacy that is the "it's never happened before so it can't happen" argument.

• Upvote 1

How can you airmail 17??? I've never done that in my life (and I have about 150 rounds under my belt at 17).

[IMG]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/I-dont-believe-you.gif[/IMG]

They'd better fix up the course for tomorrow's round.   Players are killing the course.   I don't want to see the winning score to be -28.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

They'd better fix up the course for tomorrow's round.   Players are killing the course.   I don't want to see the winning score to be -28.

I heard Nobilo say yesterday the course is quite a bit softer this year than recent years and that scoring will likely be lower than normal. I think things will get tougher as the tourney goes on (as long as it doesn't rain too much) but I still think double digits under par for the winning score this year is very possible. That's the way it was back in 2009, 2010 and 2011 when the winning score was between 12 and 14-under par each year.

Note: This thread is 3307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!