IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Rose hit a shank into the gallery. Makes me want to not hit a golf ball today.

After hitting a women in the head at a driving range two weeks ago, I haven't had the urge to play golf. Β Messes with you mentally for sure.

Tony Β 

:titleist:Β  Β  | Β  :tmade:Β  Β | Β  Β  :cleveland:Β 

I think McIlroy really should have played a week ago or the week before. His game still wasn't sharp after Bay Hill. You look at Jordan and he played two weeks both coming in and got some nice momentum and confidence for this week.

Rory hasn't looked on all year. Β That's the thing that will keep him away from winning 14+ majors. Β He isn't consistently good enough. Β He is either 100% unbeatable or rather pedestrian.

Tony Β 

After hitting a women in the head at a driving range two weeks ago, I haven't had the urge to play golf. Β Misses with you mentally for sure.

It wouldn't have been so bad if you hit her with just the ball and not the club!

(I kid, I kid.)

Because they arent allowed to show the front nine at Augusta...

That hasn't been true for decades. They aren't near the top of the leaderboard, they aren't in danger of missing the cut, and they don't have low rounds on the course right now. There are more compelling groups to follow at the moment.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

One observation I made is that these guys play very well when they're just playing golf. It's hard to explain, but you know it when you see it. I look at Speith, Hoffman, and to an extent Tiger, and you can see that they're just hitting the shots they see. Not much in the area of forcing anything. Speith and Hoffman especially look like they have zero pressure on them.

Now, are those 2 playing good golf because they are relaxed, or are they relaxed because they are in the groove and playing good golf, or perhaps a combination of the 2? I think it's a combination.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Yah, it's decent as a supplement to the action, but it's definitely not where to go for the action. Interesting to hear from Jordan and Tiger though. Was that a dig from Tiger? "Or Augusta could leave conditions as is for the weekend, and just make this a shootout."

I'm streaming on the laptop while listening to the interviews. Nice to have options.

That might be the only chance to make this thing close. If they toughen it up, everyone struggles but Speith still leads. They keep it soft and maybe someone else can go for 64

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

That hasn't been true for decades.

They aren't near the top of the leaderboard, they aren't in danger of missing the cut, and they don't have low rounds on the course right now. There are more compelling groups to follow at the moment.

Ha, sure it is.

Thats why they pick up the live streaming at Amen Corner. Β Augusta NGC doesn't want the first nine to be shown on TV/streaming.

Tony Β 

Ha, sure it is.

Thats why they pick up the live streaming at Amen Corner. Β Augusta NGC doesn't want the first nine to be shown on TV/streaming.

Yeah, count me in the group that thinks you might be wrong on this. Β Several years ago, they absolutely didn't want the front nine on tv, as they had some sort of complex about how they didn't think it measured up to the rest of the course.

That isn't the case anymore as they will be on air this weekend for 5 or 6 hours each day and show every shot of the leaders. Β (And that has been the case for quite a few years now)

If they still have a special rule in place specifically for ESPN on Thursday and Friday, I wouldn't know, nor would I understand why, but they're not afraid of showing the whole course anymore, that's for certain.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, count me in the group that thinks you might be wrong on this. Β Several years ago, they absolutely didn't want the front nine on tv, as they had some sort of complex about how they didn't think it measured up to the rest of the course.

That isn't the case anymore as they will be on air this weekend for 5 or 6 hours each day and show every shot of the leaders. Β (And that has been the case for quite a few years now)

If they still have a special rule in place specifically for ESPN on Thursday and Friday, I wouldn't know, nor would I understand why, but they're not afraid of showing the whole course anymore, that's for certain.

It's not that they don't ever show the first nine, they just don't show it much, at all...

If not, explain why the live streaming starts at 11. Β They have live coverage of Amen Corner and 15,16. Β Nothing on the first nine.

Tony Β 

That might be the only chance to make this thing close. If they toughen it up, everyone struggles but Speith still leads. They keep it soft and maybe someone else can go for 64

Not sure I agree with that. Look at Pinehurst with the US Open. They made that course tough and Kaymer still won by 8 strokes. Some people are just on their game.

Doesn't help that they are going to get some Heavy T-Storms this afternoon and evening. Looks like the course should be pretty soft on Saturday.

Still, it doesn't take much to get the ball rolling in the wrong direction that course. One round of even par or +1 for Jordan and he'll bring in a lot of people into contention on Sunday. Lots of golf to be played.

It's not that they don't ever show the first nine, they just don't show it much, at all...

If not, explain why the live streaming starts at 11. Β They have live coverage of Amen Corner and 15,16. Β Nothing on the first nine.

Not sure about the TV coverage. That could be something with ESPN. Maybe ESPN has the rights to show the front nine and the back nine, while the Masters can only show the back nine. I am sure ESPN has that much power. Even if you watch a featured group online it is only the back nine.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

I will if you explain how your "they just don't show it much at all" coalesces with the fact that they will show the entire rounds from the range to the scoring tent of the last 3 or 4 (or maybe a few more) groups tomorrow and Sunday. :beer:

Seems like Spieth is on fire for this tourney. Good for him. Looks like Rory and Jordan will be having some fun rivary next few years. Oops. I hope I did not jinx Spieth with that comment.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Yeah, count me in the group that thinks you might be wrong on this. Β Several years ago, they absolutely didn't want the front nine on tv, as they had some sort of complex about how they didn't think it measured up to the rest of the course. That isn't the case anymore as they will be on air this weekend for 5 or 6 hours each day and show every shot of the leaders . Β (And that has been the case for quite a few years now) If they still have a special rule in place specifically for ESPN on Thursday and Friday, I wouldn't know, nor would I understand why, but they're not afraid of showing the whole course anymore, that's for certain.

Yep, on both counts!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I will if you explain how your "they just don't show it much at all" coalesces with the fact that they will show the entire rounds from the range to the scoring tent of the last 3 or 4 (or maybe a few more) groups tomorrow and Sunday.

They dont though...

They only show the whole round on Sunday:

Saturday, April 11 (Third Round) - 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, April 12 (Fourth Round) - 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. (CBS)

it's only 4 hours of coverage tomorrow.

Tony Β 

They dont though...

They only show the whole round on Sunday:

Saturday, April 11 (Third Round) - 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, April 12 (Fourth Round) - 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. (CBS)

it's only 4 hours of coverage tomorrow.

Whoops, my bad. Β That's going to change things drastically. Β I apologize Β ...

I will if you explain how your "they just don't show it much at all" coalesces with the fact that they will show the entire rounds from the range to the scoring tent of the last 3 or 4 (or maybe a few more) groups on Sunday.Β Β  (As well as nearly the entire round of the leaders on Saturday).

:-P

Note:Β This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!