IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf Channel analysts are alone keeping the pleated khaki's industry alive.

Hey!  Don't forget about Jim Harbaugh and me!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/jim-harbaugh-pants-wife-san-francisco-49ers

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last week in Houston, Spieth started blocking shots at the very end when he was tied for the lead. Johnny Miller said it's his one flaw under pressure. Will a 4-5 shot lead keep him relaxed or will the tournament begin on the back nine on Sunday? Norman lost a 6-7 shot lead in nine holes.

All of the guys within 10-12 shots want to shoot 65-66 today to get within range of a collapse because it will likely take a collapse by Spieth.

History of The Masters has shown more often than not that Saturday is moving day and if a couple of players pull within a few strokes, Sunday's back nine will be where the drama begins. Augusta National is set up to allow the drama/theater to happen. Dustin Johnson's three eagles yesterday demonstrate the possibilities. What other PGA tour event has had three eagles in one single round? The winner not only has to play well, putt well, but has to have the psychological strength to bear the pressure of it all.

Jordan Spieth is playing lights out.  If he continues like this then he will win, but there is still a long way to go.  Norman lost a 7 shot lead in one day.  Mickelson made up 5 shots in 15 minutes in 2010 with his eagles on 13 and 14 and a near eagle on 15.  All depends on the course and how well Spieth handles things.  I think somebody will have to run him down with two great rounds, but it still could be interesting.

Charley Hoffman would have the lead in 73 of the previous 78 Masters with his score.

Tiger and Sergio paired together should be interesting.

Does anybody know the featured pairings for tomorrow on masters dot com?!

I am curious who the live streaming will be following. Hoping for Rory or Tiger

Here you go.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2015-04-10/saturdays_featured_groups.html

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Here you go. [URL=http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2015-04-10/saturdays_featured_groups.html]http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2015-04-10/saturdays_featured_groups.html[/URL]

Awesome, thank you! Love how they actually show star golfers in their featured groups.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Tiger vs Sergio in a fight. Who wins? I have to go with Tigs but I would think Sergio would fight dirty.

Maybe this question should have been asked, "If Sergio and Tiger were fighting in the parking lot, who would you help?"

I'd let them duke it out.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:

Maybe this question should have been asked, "If Sergio and Tiger were fighting in the parking lot, who would you help?" I'd let them duke it out.

I got Tiger's back, all day every day, but yeah I'd like to see them duke it out too lol. Maybe today at Amen Corner.

Colin P.

I got Tiger's back, all day every day, but yeah I'd like to see them duke it out too lol. Maybe today at Amen Corner.

I hope it puts some more fire in Tiger's game.

Irons & Wedges:

I hope it puts some more fire in Tiger's game.

I'd love to see him come out swinging. Yesterday he had the chance with the birdie on 1, couldn't convert on the second hole. Missed some short-ish putts, didn't convert on the back 9 par fives...

Colin P.

Here you go. [URL=http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2015-04-10/saturdays_featured_groups.html]http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2015-04-10/saturdays_featured_groups.html[/URL]

Great, they will start showing Tiger once it goes on TV. How they don't show him for hole 1 , I don't get.

haha I called it yesterday. As soon as Sergio finished I said there's a 50 percent chance Sergio will be paired with Tiger. And he is. Might be a good thing for Tiger. He seems to always play better when he's with Sergio.

• Upvote 1

`

Great, they will start showing Tiger once it goes on TV. How they don't show him for hole 1 , I don't get.

The way I read the schedule, it doesn't appear we will see Tiger play a shot until hole 7 or so......he tees off at 1:15, with CBS coverage and his featured group stream not coming on until 3 pm......so, there is 1:45 of play that we will be solely reliant on Tiger Tracker....

Am I missing something (I really hope I am)?

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Stricker is on the course now but the starting times page showed him going off alone, so I'm wondering if the club will pair him up with someone, and if so then who? I recall from last year or maybe before that the club pairs up solo players with select amateurs who are either members or friends of members. Just curious.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

` The way I read the schedule, it doesn't appear we will see Tiger play a shot until hole 7 or so......he tees off at 1:15, with CBS coverage and his featured group stream not coming on until 3 pm......so, there is 1:45 of play that we will be solely reliant on Tiger Tracker.... Am I missing something (I really hope I am)?

nope your right, so we see TW once it goes on tv. What's the point of the stream? Not good.

Stricker is on the course now but the starting times page showed him going off alone, so I'm wondering if the club will pair him up with someone, and if so then who? I recall from last year or maybe before that the club pairs up solo players with select amateurs who are either members or friends of members.

Just curious.

They'll usually pair him with Jeff Knox; their resident marker. From all accounts, dude can play. He's beaten Rory and Sergio when paired with them.

nope your right, so we see TW once it goes on tv. What's the point of the stream? Not good.

CBS coverage doesn't start until 3:30, and that will be for all the players. If you have a solid chub for Tiger, the live stream will be a perfect fix for you as it's gonna be solely focused on his group.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Thanks --- I actually just saw that the "CBS Coverage" begins streaming on the Masters' website at 2 pm -- so maybe they will pick right up with Tiger at hole 3 or 4

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!