IGNORED

Apparel: Pants, Slacks, Golf & Office

21 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

giphy.gif.721d385c79c1b5caf33ce3d294454e06.gif

Everyone over the age of 34 who wears a white belt.

Don't hate on me because I look so good.

Let me ask you a question...What's got two thumbs, a white belt, and a scratch handicap?

1458126614_thisguy.jpeg.3fb504306d9bb42302a4c413ed5ce53a.jpeg

20 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You need to have a single digit handicap to wear Hawaiian shirts...

Have to disagree... Hawaiian golf shirts should be enjoyed by the masses, especially if partnered with a nice white belt. Button up Hawaiian shirts should never be worn on a golf course, for any reason, ever.

• Funny 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

Hawaiian golf shirts should be enjoyed by the masses, especially if partnered with a nice white belt

Please tell me you don’t tuck in your Hawaiian shirt! If you don’t, then belt color doesn’t matter!

FWIW I love Hawaiian shirts but would never wear them on the course. I would, and have, worn them in the office.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, boogielicious said:

Please tell me you don’t tuck in your Hawaiian shirt! If you don’t, then belt color doesn’t matter!

Hawaiian golf shirt, of course, I always tuck in on the golf course. Hawaiian button up...not on your life!

Just now, boogielicious said:

FWIW I love Hawaiian shirts but would never wear them on the course. 

I do too, they have a time and place though, like on the beach with a cerveza! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

2 hours ago, NM Golf said:

Have to disagree... Hawaiian golf shirts should be enjoyed by the masses, especially if partnered with a nice white belt. Button up Hawaiian shirts should never be worn on a golf course, for any reason, ever.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

FWIW I love Hawaiian shirts but would never wear them on the course. I would, and have, worn them in the office.

57 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Hawaiian golf shirt, of course, I always tuck in on the golf course. Hawaiian button up...not on your life!

I do too, they have a time and place though, like on the beach with a cerveza! 

I wear button down Hawaiian shirts on the golf course frequently in the warmer months.  Couple of other people have at my club as well.   There really isn't a time/place, except maybe a funeral, where I wouldn't wear one if I can get away with it.

—Adam

5 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

I wear button down Hawaiian shirts on the golf course frequently in the warmer months.  Couple of other people have at my club as well.   There really isn't a time/place, except maybe a funeral, where I wouldn't wear one if I can get away with it.

Define "getting away with it"... no, no, no, I am just joking.  I am very much a traditionalist on golf attire, aka collared polo, golf pants or shorts, shirt tucked in, absolutely no denim, cargo shorts, etc. I won't even go practice in a tee shirt and jeans.

FWIW That's just my personal opinion, and the way I choose to dress on the course. Everyone else can choose to look the way they like.

One thing to keep in mind though is my mode of dress is welcome at all golf courses, everywhere. Just sayin' :whistle:

30 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Define "getting away with it"... no, no, no, I am just joking.  I am very much a traditionalist on golf attire, aka collared polo, golf pants or shorts, shirt tucked in, absolutely no denim, cargo shorts, etc. I won't even go practice in a tee shirt and jeans.

FWIW That's just my personal opinion, and the way I choose to dress on the course. Everyone else can choose to look the way they like.

One thing to keep in mind though is my mode of dress is welcome at all golf courses, everywhere. Just sayin' :whistle:

I used to be very much like that, but a couple of things happened.   I moved to the South and, at least where I play, people do what they can to beat the summer heat.   Taking advantage of nice looking yoga/workout shorts, sun hats and even arm sleeves to help with sun exposure are all changes that I made to deal with that.   Shirt tucked in, or not, during the summer I am generally wearing shorts that I use for hot yoga and they are very comfortable.

The second thing was that before I moved here, I used to belong to a private club that was fairly strict on dress code and etiquette.   That's fine, I complied with everything.   However there were a lot, I mean a lot, of really entitled people there and they were just absolutely terrible human beings.   Not everyone, but the general consensus among the people who worked there was it was about 1/3.  And by terrible, I mean rampant cheating, take it out on the golf course when they were mad, nasty to the staff, etc.   It taught me a lesson because I had always wanted to belong to a club somewhere (I started golf caddying) and my wife and I really tried to dress and act the part, but in the end it was meaningless when you get all dressed up and you hear people throwing the C word around in the restaurant or take care to look nice when you blatantly catch people cheating in money games.   Stuff like that.  One of my favorites was someone who was mad at his round and ran over two tee boxes with his cart.

Where I play is also pretty casual, more like Key West than anything else, so that's nice.   If the people who work where I play now don't want me to do it, that's cool.   Usually when I travel or it's a tournament I put more effort into it.   I'm happy for people to wear what they want to, as long as the place allows it.

Of course, I do need to amend what I wrote one little bit.   I would wear a Hawaiian shirt to my mother in law's funeral.   As well as have a cocktail in my hand and be wearing a smile as well.   I think that would be the very definition of "getting away with it"

—Adam

23 hours ago, boogielicious said:

^^This

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

41 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Here's semi-Hawaiian shirt for all you musicians in the forums...

O1CN012rbNkE1aQteiRnIHp_-4134413325-0-ci

Shirt Collar Casual Men's Floral Shirt is fashionable and cheap, come to Hawalili to find out about the Clothing

That’s cool!

Scott

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

I used to be very much like that, but a couple of things happened.   I moved to the South and, at least where I play, people do what they can to beat the summer heat.   Taking advantage of nice looking yoga/workout shorts, sun hats and even arm sleeves to help with sun exposure are all changes that I made to deal with that.   Shirt tucked in, or not, during the summer I am generally wearing shorts that I use for hot yoga and they are very comfortable.

I have seen this argument used several times throughout the years on this forum. And again, I really don't care how you or anyone else dresses, but this is a really weak reason to give as to why you don't wear traditional golf attire.

I live in the sunniest city in the United States, 300+ days of glorious sunshine each and every year. Our summer temps are in the 95°-100° range for 4+ months, I play in a lot of hot sunny weather. The golf clothes I wear are specifically designed to keep me cool. Cool, moisture wicking fabrics are pretty much the norm these days. In fact I would imagine those workout shorts and shirts you speak of are probably made from the same types of fabrics my golf clothes are.

So..just own it. You like to wear what you do because you like to look that way. There's no shame in that. Most courses won't even bat an eye. 

The second thing was that before I moved here, I used to belong to a private club that was fairly strict on dress code and etiquette.   That's fine, I complied with everything.   However there were a lot, I mean a lot, of really entitled people there and they were just absolutely terrible human beings.   Not everyone, but the general consensus among the people who worked there was it was about 1/3.  And by terrible, I mean rampant cheating, take it out on the golf course when they were mad, nasty to the staff, etc.   It taught me a lesson because I had always wanted to belong to a club somewhere (I started golf caddying) and my wife and I really tried to dress and act the part, but in the end it was meaningless when you get all dressed up and you hear people throwing the C word around in the restaurant or take care to look nice when you blatantly catch people cheating in money games.   Stuff like that.  One of my favorites was someone who was mad at his round and ran over two tee boxes with his cart.

This is also one of those weak arguments, possibly even more so than "too hot". Basically you are saying "horrible people wear nice golf clothes" so I choose to wear yoga outfits to prove I am not a horrible person. That's ridiculous, I wear nice golf clothes and I do my absolute best to try and not be a horrible person. Additionally, I guarantee, someone out there in the world right now wearing yoga pants is, in fact, a really horrible person.  

SO let me reiterate. Dress how you like and own it...don't make excuses. 

Of course, I do need to amend what I wrote one little bit.   I would wear a Hawaiian shirt to my mother in law's funeral.   As well as have a cocktail in my hand and be wearing a smile as well.   I think that would be the very definition of "getting away with it"

At the risk of sounding like a horrible person I'm bringing a DJ to my mother in law's funeral, because it will be a party. Not that anyone will actually show up anyway to say goodbye to that old bat.

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

At the risk of sounding like a horrible person I'm bringing a DJ to my mother in law's funeral, because it will be a party. Not that anyone will actually show up anyway to say goodbye to that old bat.

I wouldn’t worry about that.   The best one I heard, and am totally stealing when mine gives up her love affair with oxygen is this exchange years ago at a party with my wife in front of me.   I was telling a story about how crazy my MIL is and this older woman says this after the story

”you shouldn’t say that about your mother in law.   My mother in law is wonderful”. 5 second pause and then “She’s ashes!”

—Adam

On 3/29/2022 at 2:53 PM, imsys0042 said:

When we were planning my dad’s funeral the funeral home director told us about service the week before and Hawaiian shirts were requested as the dress code and no suits or ties were allowed.

17 hours ago, NM Golf said:

The golf clothes I wear are specifically designed to keep me cool. Cool, moisture wicking fabrics are pretty much the norm these days.

Which brands do you use for golf shirts? I sweat a lot in the summer and I’m always looking for better shirts.

Scott

My Swing Thread

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Which brands do you use for golf shirts? I sweat a lot in the summer and I’m always looking for better shirts.

Personally I use Vuori polos for golf sometimes, and they are really, really good.   Very light weight and cool.   Also for the shorts I was talking about.   They also have some good pants, but they are more heavyweight.   The Oakley golf pants I just got are very lightweight and I am going to use when sun exposure is a problem.   

• Thumbs Up 1

—Adam

29 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

The brand I prefer is Adidas, but I have Nike, Puma, Greg Norman, and Oakley. They are all made from the same types of fabrics, but the Adidas are really nice. I get most of my stuff from TGW.  When they have flash sales, you can find some great deals. Also, as @imsys0042 said earlier, arm sleeves are great in the hotter months.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Greg Norman has a good clothing line.😜

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just go to a dept. store like Macys. You can try them on and see what fits. A lot of pants nowadays are super low rise plumber crack pants. Best to buy in person.

I do not like the new style of pants. I like a pant that lies nicely over my shoes. The current style of golf pant are like the Z Cavarechi(spelling is so wrong) pants from when i was in 8th grade. Minus the awful double pleat. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear: