IGNORED

Apparel: Pants, Slacks, Golf & Office

Just some general thoughts and observations, feel free to add your own. For the past few years I've mostly been wearing jeans to work (Levis, Wrangler, mostly blue denim). Sometimes I'll wear a pair of slacks. Part of the reason is for lunchtime exercise, wearing running shoes mostly, and because I've dropped about 40+ pounds and have gone from a 44" waist to now about to drop below a 40" waist pants. I couldn't bring myself to pay for slacks that weren't going to fit in 6 months. Now, relative to golf, I just wear jeans for the most part but might start switching over to slacks. Also, I might want to play golf at a course or two that frowns upon jeans, which brings me to my next thing.... LoudMouth style golf pants. There is no way that I could wear John Daly style pants to work, yet I can wear jeans to work. But courses that prohibit jeans would probably allow the wild style pants. So, the argument that they want people to dress "nice" go right down the drain when those courses allow the verbose style pants. End of observation, just doesn't make sense to me. Back to me, I'm probably going to buy some golf branded slacks for work and for golf. I might even wear them on my lunchtime walk/run laps around the business park and on the local multi-use trail. It is kind of impractical for me to change into sweats or running shorts or exercise tights for workday workouts, but I might wear work shoes and change into running shoes for the lunchtime laps. I don't really know where I'm going with this thread. It is late on a Sunday, the Badgers are currently winning their basketball game and I'm not really into the game,so I find myself sitting here contemplating golf slacks and the general theories of applied apparel. I'll be wearing jeans to work tomorrow and will probably go to a driving range if it isn't closed due to the expected snow tonight. Feel free to comment.And say if you wear slacks or jeans or khakis or shorts to work or golf or exercise.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I wear khakis to work. I'm a teacher, and part of my reason for doing so is to dress well for class. Some other teachers at my school wear jeans -- never bad jeans, I think, but I wouldn't be comfortable in front of a classroom in jeans. I don't think the students care, but I'd feel odd in front of the classroom in anything less formal. I certainly wouldn't wear John Daly pants there. Back when I worked an office job, I'd show up in whatever, but I was usually most comfortable in khakis, and that might be part of why I still wear them to work. Sometimes I'd wear jeans to the office. I don't think I ever wore shorts, but I have co-workers who did. I exercise in workout clothing -- gym shorts and the like. At least, my non-golf exercise. When I go for a walk, I wear whatever, but I'm not taking a break at work to do so, so that probably doesn't help you. Sometimes I walk around campus, but the only thing I'll change for that is my shoes. Sorry, I don't know how much (if at all) this helped you. Congrats on the waist size reduction -- that's quite an accomplishment.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am not even sure if I own a pair of jeans anymore - if I do, I havent worn them in over 10 years.

i wear khakis to work and nothing but Loudmouth shorts/pants for golf - i'll even occasionally wear them to work just to get a rise out of my customers (on the road all day)

Jeans are not allowed at my club, nor at most of the courses around here - but a newbie at the club will usually make the mistake once - no one will say anything about it, but the person will notice themselves that they shouldnt be and wont do it again.

To say Loudmouth's arent nice looking is nothing more than your opinion. I dont think jeans are nice looking, but I am not going to hate on you for wearing them where they are allowed.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I didn't say that the Loudmouths weren't nice looking, just that jeans are more acceptable at my work and office environment. I guess some can wear them well and some can't. Maybe I just need to find a pair of them and test them out on casual Friday along with my Hawaiian golf shirt. I'll just say The Sand Trap made me do it. Off to shop....

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I didn't say that the Loudmouths weren't nice looking, just that jeans are more acceptable at my work and office environment. I guess some can wear them well and some can't. Maybe I just need to find a pair of them and test them out on casual Friday along with my Hawaiian golf shirt.

I'll just say The Sand Trap made me do it. Off to shop....

shopfortyone.com for some of the cheaper ones, plus the shipping is a lot less on that site - sizes are a bit limited, but a good way to start cheap

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

• 7 years later...

Super old post. Anyone else finding it increasingly difficult to find golf pants that fit and look right? Comfort is alway super important in clothing but so is how they look. I just cannot get into the tapered bottom leg look of pants. I liked the v cut out bottoms Nike, Puma and Under Armour used to make. The Travis Mathews brands of the world look nice until you put them on and bunch up at the bottom. Maybe I need to buy shorter length pants to sit on top of shoes. I don’t know just don’t like the current look. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I get a ton of Instagram ads for golf pants, so I feel like I can help out here.  🙂.  

Basically most niche brands are now stretchy, tighter pants and those can be tricky.   One brand is super loose in the waist and others are not.   I really find it a challenge to know, even with size charts.   I also happen to really need a 35 inch inseam, which means I need longer 34s or go to the 36s.   Anything without an inseam measurement (lot of pants are just always 30 or 32 inch inseam I've found).

Almost nothing is super roomy in the legs that I have tried lately.   I have a few pairs of UA shorts and got a couple of pairs of pants in the same material and really like them.  However the best I've done lately is Oakleys and I went up a size in the waist.   They are looser at the waist, but no bunch up at the ankles because I did the 34 inch inseam.   They also have a thin stripe of material that grabs your shirt, so cinching it a bit with a belt doesn't mean my shirt flies all over the place.  I don't feel like they are too tapered in the legs, so they might be worth a try.   I got last year's models at a discount and they are so lightweight I might use them in the summer to keep down the sun exposure.

—Adam

17 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Anyone else finding it increasingly difficult to find golf pants that fit and look right?

No, but @ChetlovesMer says I’m allowed to wear a white belt 😉

• Funny 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I wear jeans all the time now even on the rare occaision I show up to work, which is a professional environment. It is a high end design firm, so there are a lot of creative types besides us engineers. The jeans I wear are tasteful and I wear nice casual shoes. No dad jeans with white leather Nikes 😀

However, I cannot bring myself to wear denim to a golf course no matter how relaxed their dress code may be. I often find it hard to were jeans to a practice facility. I think it has to do with respect for the game. IDK

Prior to COVID I had been experimenting with a daily golf uniform that could be taken to work, but with WFH, I see no need for that.

• iacas changed the title to Apparel: Pants, Slacks, Golf & Office

Exercise tights? TMI 🤣 I live in Florida and I think I do own a pair of track pants. 

I don't wear jeans on the golf course. As far as work goes, its professional pants with a polo and casual jacket on most days. 

Loudmouth versus jeans? Loudmouth aren't jeans. Not sure why we are trying to make this distinction.  A course can mandate golf attire, but they can't mandate good taste. Sorry Charlie. 

And yes, I know the OT is 2015!

How the 'Caddyshack' Revolution Upended Hollywood - WSJ

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

57 minutes ago, billchao said:

No, but @ChetlovesMer says I’m allowed to wear a white belt 😉

You... maybe .... But it's all about over 34. Over 34 years old or 34 inches around the waist. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I hate jeans, stopped wearing them several years ago, they are just so uncomfortable. I wear a lot of tech pants, which are nice because they fit in most anywhere, and they are extremely comfortable. You can play 18 holes in them in the morning and then work in the yard all afternoon no problem. In New Mexico we also wear shorts pretty much year round which is nice. 

I know what people are talking about with some of the golf pants. I am a stocky individual, former college athlete who spent a good amount of my early years not skipping leg day, and if the pants fit in the waist they are skin tight on my legs. 

47 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

You... maybe .... But it's all about over 34. Over 34 years old or 34 inches around the waist. 

I am both and I look stunning in my white belt. If you go to your closet and have two belts, brown and black, you have to up your belt game. Don't be that guy wearing a brown belt with every outfit. Personally, I've got white, grey, navy, blue, brown, black, red, purple. My belt game is as strong as my golf game!

My blue belt looks really good with my new Footjoys I just got!

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.19.10 AM.png

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I am not a fan of jeans. I only wear them in the winter because they hold up better than slacks. 

As for what I wear to work, since I work at home, it is sweat pants and a tee shirt 😉

From spring till winter, I wear more dockers or dress pants to work, and I wear golf shorts when not at work.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I wear scrubs. With a white belt.

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, NM Golf said:

I hate jeans, stopped wearing them several years ago, they are just so uncomfortable. I wear a lot of tech pants, which are nice because they fit in most anywhere, and they are extremely comfortable. You can play 18 holes in them in the morning and then work in the yard all afternoon no problem. In New Mexico we also wear shorts pretty much year round which is nice. 

I know what people are talking about with some of the golf pants. I am a stocky individual, former college athlete who spent a good amount of my early years not skipping leg day, and if the pants fit in the waist they are skin tight on my legs. 

I am both and I look stunning in my white belt. If you go to your closet and have two belts, brown and black, you have to up your belt game. Don't be that guy wearing a brown belt with every outfit. Personally, I've got white, grey, navy, blue, brown, black, red, purple. My belt game is as strong as my golf game!

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.19.10 AM.png

belt.jpg.b5852bbe67b96ef481d9f7be13359bbb.thumb.jpg.4e73a9d9657ab91c3a11c2851e451023.jpg

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

23 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

belt.jpg.b5852bbe67b96ef481d9f7be13359bbb.thumb.jpg.4e73a9d9657ab91c3a11c2851e451023.jpg

tmimitw.jpeg

• Funny 2

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

59 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Nice shoes!  

On 3/23/2015 at 1:32 PM, meenman said:

Maybe I just need to find a pair of them and test them out on casual Friday along with my Hawaiian golf shirt.

You need to have a single digit handicap to wear Hawaiian shirts...