IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe she likes him better with a belly.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/jason-amanda-dufner-getting-divorce

Quote:

A day after finishing tied for 24 th at the Valspar Championship , Jason Dufner agreed to a divorce settlement with his wife Amanda.

The Dufners were married in May 2012 and according to court documents obtained by GolfChannel.com the two separated on Feb. 17, 2015.

According to the divorce settlement, which was filed on March 16 by Amanda Dufner, there had been an “irretrievable breakdown of the marriage” and there was “a complete incompatibility of temperament that the parties can no longer live together.”

Amanda Dufner will receive a gross sum of $2.5 million, and Jason Dufner will maintain ownership of two houses in Auburn, Ala., including a 46-acre home that is under construction.

The divorce was filed in Jefferson (Ala.) County and a judge still has to make a final ruling, which is expected in April.

Representatives with Dufner’s management firm, IMG Golf, declined to comment on the filing, and Amanda Dufner’s attorney, Jack Held, also declined to comment.

Dufner has struggled this season after being slowed late last year with a neck injury, posting just one top-10 finish in eight starts. His next scheduled start is the Masters

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, this truly saddens me. I wish each one of them the very best and a healthy recovery from this situation.

I really liked them together.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Maybe he lost the belly / weight because this was going down?  When you have a smoke show of a wife and things are going bad and you are losing her, it can definitely take its toll....loss of weight, decline in playing performacne on the course, both things that have certainly happened!

When I read "incompatibility of temperament," that makes me wonder.  Did he have a temper?

Crazy stuff...

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Maybe she had the temper? :)

Mailman

Could be!  The only thing from the looks of it, she filed for the divorce.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Too bad. I thought they made a decent couple. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Maybe he lost the belly / weight because this was going down?  When you have a smoke show of a wife and things are going bad and you are losing her, it can definitely take its toll....loss of weight, decline in playing performacne on the course, both things that have certainly happened!

When I read "incompatibility of temperament," that makes me wonder.  Did he have a temper?

Crazy stuff...

I swear I dislike speculating on such personal matters, but that bolded comment could easily mean he wasn't outgoing enough, or something of such nature, as oppose to him having a temper. Just my unsolicited 2 cents. Again, best of luck to both parties.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I swear I dislike speculating on such personal matters, but that bolded comment could easily mean he wasn't outgoing enough, or something of such nature, as oppose to him having a temper. Just my unsolicited 2 cents. Again, best of luck to both parties.

Very true and you are right, it's all speculation.  Best of luck to them for sure.

Deryck Griffith

Not surprising at all.

She was a publicity hound and as soon as you saw those hideous shots of her in a  bikini swinging a golf club, the writing was on the wall.

It's the "look at me me me"  instagram generation of conceited, self-obsessed  wannabes. The world revolves around them and their photos of their butts and bellies. No class at all.

He's just a decent, normal guy (apart from the tobacco chewing). She loves the limelight too much.

Do an image search and you'll see what I mean.

• Upvote 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Crazy stuff...

"temperament" is not necessarily related to temper.

It just means that they were different types of people.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Too bad. I really like Dufner (except for the chew that shorty mentioned), so I'm a little sad about this. Hopefully his game isn't affected too much.

I guess we'll always have the butt grab after winning the PGA...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Not surprising at all.

She was a publicity hound and as soon as you saw those hideous shots of her in a  bikini swinging a golf club, the writing was on the wall.

It's the "look at me me me"  instagram generation of conceited, self-obsessed  wannabes. The world revolves around them and their photos of their butts and bellies. No class at all.

He's just a decent, normal guy (apart from the tobacco chewing). She loves the limelight too much.

Do an image search and you'll see what I mean.

This is how I feel. I follow her on Instagram and you would never know she was married except the occasional picture of Jason. She parties a lot and travels with groups of people while he makes all the money. Wouldn't surprise me if she cheated on him.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

No offense to Duff Daddy, but he was on borrowed time with that, every guy is, he had his fun and now he has to pay the sugar baby.

I bet he starts playing better now though, get his mind back in the game and recoup the losses.

I just noticed that we are all kind of biased towards Jason Dufner being the good guy, and Amanda being the problem.

Admittedly, I'm also guilty of that, but that's probably because we like the golfer so much. He's a likeable star.

I wonder if there is another side to the story? I'd certainly like to hear what Jason thinks. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

When I read "incompatibility of temperament," that makes me wonder.  Did he have a temper? Crazy stuff...

I'm sure that's just stock language in the divorce statute that lawyers cite as grounds when traditional common law grounds (abuse, neglect, fraud, imprisonmemt, infidelity) don't apply.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Shame, I'll be rooting for him in the masters now, Hope he puts in a good show and keeps his career on track. And I wish her all the best in flashing her curves and whatever else it is that she does?

Gaz Lee

They just never looked right together, but my favorite picture of them is him grabbing her ass after winning the PGA.

Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelorette, Celebrity Apprentice  . . . only a matter of time, just which one will it be?

• Upvote 1

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!