IGNORED

2015 RBC Heritage Discussion Thread

65ross
Note: This thread is 3293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How Will Jordan Back Up His Masters Performance?

My prediction he be in the top five next week.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He listed in the field. He mentioned he likes Harbour Town, hope he play and not withdraws as it will take his mind off the after hype of the post Masters.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

I think top 10 maybe ... I would think it would be hard to maintain that level of intensity ... plus there are a lot distractions that come with winning the masters. TV shows, interviews, etc

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He said he was playing but then he sorta seemed to be recanting on that in an interview. He said he was exhausted.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

The media is understandably and I think righfully ga-ga over this young man. I wish him well. He mentioned seeking counsel of past champions as how to carry the mantle of reigning champion, and I hope they give him good advice that is practical for him to follow. He needs to learn to politely say "no" in some instances, while there is a certain amount of "giving back" that is appropriate for him to do. I can not imagine handling all that when I was 21, but as Faldo quipped, "He has an old head affixed to young shoulders."

I wish him well because he seems an exceptional young man, and also he and Rory duking it out in their polite manner for 1 and 2 is absolutely great for golf.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

The media is understandably and I think righfully ga-ga over this young man. I wish him well. He mentioned seeking counsel of past champions as how to carry the mantle of reigning champion, and I hope they give him good advice that is practical for him to follow. He needs to learn to politely say "no" in some instances, while there is a certain amount of "giving back" that is appropriate for him to do. I can not imagine handling all that when I was 21, but as Faldo quipped, "He has an old head affixed to young shoulders."

I wish him well because he seems an exceptional young man, and also he and Rory duking it out in their polite manner for 1 and 2 is absolutely great for golf.

Best advice I can keep him is just keep seeing your girlfriend and don't change your way of life. She seems like a great girl for him from everything I've seen and heard. Girls can ruin it for a guy. Just ask Rory, Adam Scott and even Sergio. The thing I like is he has good parents and a really good family. That can go a long way in keeping your head straight and focused.

He's listed on his website as playing the RBC, Crown Plaza and Byron Nelson in the next 2 months.  Things have changed for him and I think he should skip the RBC and play only the Crown Plaza or the Byron Nelson before the US Open in June.

He needs time to adjust to his new standing in the game and refocus on what he wants to achieve.

Hope he's got good management because there will be lots of endorsement offers to field and TV shows and other media events to attend.  He should take the time to deal with all of this stuff, relax and take stock of where he's at and where he wants to go now that he's accomplished his childhood "dream" of winning the Masters.

Becoming the #1 ranked golfer in the World will probably be at the top of the list, but that position is fleeting; few stay there for long.  So, he needs to think of other goals as well.

Callaway FT9 Driver (10N)
Jones/Ortiz 3W(13), 4W (17) & 5W (19)
Jones/Ortiz  3H (21) 4H (25) & 5H (30)
Titleist DCI Gold - 3-PW (21-48)
Titleist Vokey PW (48-6), GW (52-8), SW (56-10) & LW (60-4)
Northwestern (Tom Weiskopf) #309 Putter

Jordan suggested in his post-game interview that he is making no promises, as he is exhausted. I didn't know whether to take that to mean that he may pass on Hilton Head or that he just thinks it will be hard for him to keep focus, but I presume he will play.

Bill M

Hope he takes the week off. Deserves it and should spend time with his family, girlfriend, etc. The U.S. needs him to be a great for a long long time... You have to live too... One thing for sure, he will look like Furyk in 5 years....

They need to wear hats that allow the Sun through a little... There is a great oppurtunity for someone, Invent it, hint hint ! Those bleach white heads dont look so good...

He said on Letterman last night that he's playing the RBC. He said that tournament gave him one of his first exemptions and he owes it to them and he gave his word. Respect. He will surely playing the Byron Nelson and Colonial. He's from Dallas. The Nelson gave him an exemption whe he was sixteen. He's not missing those two tournaments.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

He said on Letterman last night that he's playing the RBC. He said that tournament gave him one of his first exemptions and he owes it to them and he gave his word. Respect.

He will surely playing the Byron Nelson and Colonial. He's from Dallas. The Nelson gave him an exemption whe he was sixteen. He's not missing those two tournaments.

He said the same thing about Tampa (Valspar) - they gave him a chance, and he returned (and won this year). Love his loyalty. I hope he keeps Tampa on his schedule in the future years to come.

I remember watching him play the Nelson that year that year - wasn't sure if he was the real thing or Ty Tryon.

Regarding The Heritage.....really enjoy that tournament. Been up the lighthouse once or twice - very relaxing setting for watching golf.

I think he will make the cut, but don't want to go farther than that. How far out of his routine is he being taken with all the post-Masters hoopla?

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I can't imagine him doing much this week.  He sure has a lot to process from last week.  I'm sure he's physically tired, but he has to be jelly mentally.  All that work that goes into playing a major, then keeping the lead each day, and then finishing it out and having your life change all in the course of a weekend.

Then you go from all that to a normal tournament with a much weaker field.

Note: This thread is 3293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!