IGNORED

TST Talks with GAME Golf

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

In case you haven't seen this yet, we have a very exciting Challenge setup for the month of May that all of our GAME GOLF users here on The Sand Trap can enter. We will also be giving away some great prizes that includes SIGNED gear from our Tour Pros.

To learn more about how you can enter, check it out - http://thesandtrap.com/t/81758/game-golf-tst-challenge-win-autographed-shirt-and-hat-by-gg-pros

David Kelly

http://gamegolf.com

Done. I sent the pictures.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just began using the device - six days now - and still forgetting tagged or not tagged :-) .

As a suggestion I would like to see a place for adding notes on each round for things like weather, wind, playing partners, etc..

Although this could be included in a notes block, I think adding the type of ball used in each round would be a great help for analyzing and finding the right ball for me.

Anyone having a problem registering the App on an Android?

I tried yesterday afternoon, yesterday evening and this morning and I get this message:

Quote:
OOPS!
Cannot able to register right not try again later

Haven't yet heard back from support.

(My round starts in two hours).

Can Game Golf tracker app be used during local amateur competition rounds? I will begin playing in our local Metropolitan Amateur Golf Association (MAGA) summer series on Monday.

Conditions of competition say a Distance-Measuring Device can be used, but all other electronic devices (ones that might be able to tap windspeed or other exotic metrics) are illegal - penalty is disqualification. Problem area: The Game Golf application would be loaded onto my iPhone, which contains other potentially offending apps.

Here is the text from the MAGA rules sheet:

So, is Game Golf , loaded on smartphone, legal to use during competitions?

If TST has any advice on this, please share.

(I will not use GG during Monday's tournament, but I will ask the tournament coordinator for advice, and report back what he says).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I would like to see an approach to the green Par 3 option. Currently there is by club or by distance. I think adding par 3 approach shots would be helpful.

I would like to see an approach to the green Par 3 option. Currently there is by club or by distance. I think adding par 3 approach shots would be helpful.

Isn't that all in the GIR and scrambling stats? I suppose they could expand the scoring stats to show stats based on hole par. But I am not sure how useful that is to know.

Dave :-)

Isn't that all in the GIR and scrambling stats? I suppose they could expand the scoring stats to show stats based on hole par. But I am not sure how useful that is to know.

I think it would be useful so

I wouldn't mind knowing how often I hit GIR based on par. I think that's what you mean. But I already know it's not good for par 3's. Scoring average tells the story there. It would be best on 5's slightly worse on 4's and again worse for 3's due to the distance the first shot starts from the green and less opportunities. Probably true for most golfers.

That would be nice.

Sounds like a feature request here, All feature requests should be added to our user forums at http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/ for our product team to investigate.  Thanks!

David Kelly

Can Game Golf tracker app be used during local amateur competition rounds? I will begin playing in our local Metropolitan Amateur Golf Association (MAGA) summer series on Monday.

Conditions of competition say a Distance-Measuring Device can be used, but all other electronic devices (ones that might be able to tap windspeed or other exotic metrics) are illegal - penalty is disqualification. Problem area: The Game Golf application would be loaded onto my iPhone, which contains other potentially offending apps.

Here is the text from the MAGA rules sheet:

So, is Game Golf, loaded on smartphone, legal to use during competitions?

If TST has any advice on this, please share.

(I will not use GG during Monday's tournament, but I will ask the tournament coordinator for advice, and report back what he says).

This is what the GAME GOLF hardware device and tags are for.  The hardware is fully approved for played under USGA and the R&A.;  The app itself is not approved by the USGA or R&A.;  The app does not show windspeed or weather conditions during play, but rather after a round is signed in the GAME GOLF app, we track the temperature of your location which does not have any affect during an event.  The app measures specific distances so it will be best to ask your tournament provider what the best approach for usage is moving forward.

David Kelly

I just began using the device - six days now - and still forgetting tagged or not tagged.

As a suggestion I would like to see a place for adding notes on each round for things like weather, wind, playing partners, etc..

Although this could be included in a notes block, I think adding the type of ball used in each round would be a great help for analyzing and finding the right ball for me.

Temperature is recorded after a round is signed.  The best approach for remembering to tag is to build it into your pre-shot routine (we built the tag process as a mental trigger based off psychologist and professional PGA tour players pre-shot focus techniques).  Just figure out if it is best for you to tag before or after each shot and it will become 2nd nature soon enough.  I've found it is easiest to tag as the first step of my routine for all shots around the course.  The video below will give a couple additional tips.

Video:  https://gamegolf.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1695620-tagging-building-into-your-routine?b_id=7220

Feature requests (type of ball played, notes, etc) should be added at http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/ for our product team to investigate

David Kelly

Two questions:

1. Does GameGolf plan to add tags for each shot, as has been suggested in numerous posts here and on the support page?  If so, what tags (or even just categories of tags) do you expect to add and when do you expect to have this done?

2. Does GameGolf plan to make more of the data it collects available to users?  If so, does it plan to do so on a stat by stat basis--i.e., picking particular things that GameGolf determines can be useful, and designing a cool interface for it--or by large scale change to the way stats are delivered?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Apologies if this has already been asked:

I've long thought that it would be useful to have more detailed putting stats.  Obviously, GG isn't capable of getting super accurate with putting on its own (GPS limitations, no idea where the flag is) but I would think that if, as part of the editing process, we were capable of manually entering the distance from the hole for each putt, that could go a long way towards being able to analyze a lot of things.  Proximity on approach shots, proximity on greenside shots, and more clear evidence of our putting strengths and/or weaknesses.

Has any thought been put into a feature like this?

Apologies if this has already been asked:

I've long thought that it would be useful to have more detailed putting stats.  Obviously, GG isn't capable of getting super accurate with putting on its own (GPS limitations, no idea where the flag is) but I would think that if, as part of the editing process, we were capable of manually entering the distance from the hole for each putt, that could go a long way towards being able to analyze a lot of things.  Proximity on approach shots, proximity on greenside shots, and more clear evidence of our putting strengths and/or weaknesses.

Has any thought been put into a feature like this?

It's almost like you read my mind!

Originally Posted by mvmac

Do you 3 putt a lot?

You may be overestimating how many putts you "should" be making from short distances.

It's too bad GPS isn't super accurate so we could keep stats on that through devices like GameGolf.

I for one know I'm terrible at gauging distances.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Two questions:

1. Does GameGolf plan to add tags for each shot, as has been suggested in numerous posts here and on the support page?  If so, what tags (or even just categories of tags) do you expect to add and when do you expect to have this done?

2. Does GameGolf plan to make more of the data it collects available to users?  If so, does it plan to do so on a stat by stat basis--i.e., picking particular things that GameGolf determines can be useful, and designing a cool interface for it--or by large scale change to the way stats are delivered?

We're keeping hush on future plans, not much we can give from that regard.  That said, we have lots of new features coming in regards to data collected, and we'll continue to iterate on this.  Which is why we take the feedback put in the user forums so seriously.

David Kelly

It's almost like you read my mind!

Holy crap, I'm an idiot!  I 100% got the idea from you and your post and I meant to tag you when I wrote that and give acknowledgments, ............. and then I brain farted and forgot.

So sorry!!!!!!!!!! :8)

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!