IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes, no club, working on shifting my weight forward on down swing.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 mins outdoor, no ball. same as yesterday, working on getting the left shoulder down and back during the backswing, while maintaining a steady head.

Chris.:roll:

Lag drill hitting balls into the net. Very short and slow swings with one full swing every 10-15 balls.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Did 5 minutes of mirror work.

Did some work on anti-flipping drill against a wall.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Well I went to northern WI this weekend and didn't have internet access so I wasn't able to post my 5 mins a day.  Im not eligible for my badge but Im still going to do my 5 mins a day.  I honestly feel like its helping me quite a bit.  Today I spent 15 mins working on my mapping drill from evolvr.  Im trying to get my knees closer together and make sure my hips are continuing to rotate through impact so my belt buckle is facing the target.  Im also still working on getting my hands more towards my left side at impact.  Im going to work on my putting tonight as well. I feel like my last round was the most consistent Ive struck my putts.  Ive been trying to make sure Im hitting them out of the middle of the club every time.  Ive been setting 2 golf balls a little wider then the putter, put a ball right in between them, and making sure I hit middle ball without touching the outside balls.

May 18, (18 in a row)

Pitching into a box in the back yard...  working on my landing zone...  15-20 minutes today

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Worked on putting and chipping on the practice green for about 20 minutes before playing 24 today. Trying to get the pace down. It's one thing when I completely misread how much I need, but it is frustrating when I know how hard I need to hit it and then tap it or blast it by the hole.

Well I went to northern WI this weekend and didn't have internet access so I wasn't able to post my 5 mins a day.  Im not eligible for my badge but Im still going to do my 5 mins a day.  I honestly feel like its helping me quite a bit.  Today I spent 15 mins working on my mapping drill from evolvr.  Im trying to get my knees closer together and make sure my hips are continuing to rotate through impact so my belt buckle is facing the target.  Im also still working on getting my hands more towards my left side at impact.  Im going to work on my putting tonight as well. I feel like my last round was the most consistent Ive struck my putts.  Ive been trying to make sure Im hitting them out of the middle of the club every time.  Ive been setting 2 golf balls a little wider then the putter, put a ball right in between them, and making sure I hit middle ball without touching the outside balls.

How far north? I live up here ya know?? I got my 5 minutes in the yard today. Back swing while concentrating on right elbow location.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Working on my priority piece right now.

Also took some slow distance wedge swings, also focusing on not letting my hips stall on me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Practiced my transition with a club outside also started filming my practice yesterday because if I'm not infrint of a mirror I think I'm doing it right but found out yesterday what I thought was right wasn't.

How far north? I live up here ya know?? I got my 5 minutes in the yard today. Back swing while concentrating on right elbow location.

Presque isle. We played trout lake Friday. Saturday was a fishing day.

2nd session of the day:

Did 10 minutes of The Punisher drill.

Did 10 minutes of drill to keep my right elbow tucked into to my rib during downswing.

Did 10 minutes of putting practice on carpet.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Used my new IPhone 6 to video my backswing, still working on the same......flatter left wrist at the top and shallower shaft on the way down. The slo mo camera on the phone is awesome!

I'll be incorporating this into my practice tomorrow. How specifically did you do it?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

May 18

Played in the school benefit scramble today.

Course has a superb short-game practice area, worked out there for 20 minutes. Then, went to practice range and hit some full shots.

Out team managed a six under-par 66: eight birdies and two bogies. We ended up dead in the middle of A flight. B flight started at two-under.

I helped mainly on short game: sank four putts, and got some chips and pitches up close.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Small bucket at the range today. Slow practice swings, step back, approach from behind, hit the ball. Hit some very well. I'm more and more convinced that the indoor swings -- even at only five minutes a day sometimes -- are extremely helpful on days when I can't make it. I'm going to rearrange some furniture to make more room to swing indoors. Also spent a few minutes on the putting green.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Orange whip for 5 minutes.  Half swings for 5 minutes.  Full swings for 5 minutes.  Good balance.  Soft arms, good follow through.  Tempo on all swings felt good.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Note: This thread is 3288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!