IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

May 30 -

Another day of rain.

I looked at notes and before/after pictures from my last lesson in July. Worked on take-away motions in mirror for 10 minutes. (I fight overswinging)

(With my perpetual scattering this spring of miss-lefts from my longer clubs, it's time for a tune-up lesson. I think balance/leg bend may be culprit).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Worked on my transition and downswing while waiting for a friend to show up downtown today.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Worked on my setup (widening stance, not so much shaft lean at address) and slow backswings with no head movement. Used my car window as a mirror while waiting outside for my wife and nieces to get ready for an all-day event. Tomorrow I'm going to join a local men's league and play 18.

Hit balls and worked on keeping the club head a little lower to the ground just past impact on my pitch shots. Have been getting a little too flippy lately.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

May 31 -

Got out between rain storms and practiced my short game: PW chip and run, and LW short to intermediate shots around green. Starting to get good distance control with LW pitch shot. Have tried some lobs, but these don't work very well unless I have a decent lie.

Also worked on short to medium putts. Whole thing is to make sure I keep the pendulum stroke going, and have a square, even set-up with putter. If I rock putter back on heel even slightly, its a miss just left. New thicker grips have smoothed out the stroke noticeably.

Will touch base again in about a week. I'm doing some volunteer work, and we're in an electronic dead zone. Cell iffy, no wi-fi link last time.

----------------------

Side note: Golf Channel Am-Tour is having a local event today at my club. It appears Golfsmith have taken over from Golf Galaxy as one of the sponsors. Srixon, Cleveland and Winn are also sponsors.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

Practiced downswing transition outside with a club. Finally starting to get the hang of it after working on it everyday for about a month.

Practiced my putting indoors today for 15 minutes because it's raining. Β Trying to concentrate on starting on the right line. Β Based on my recent putting performance, though, I really think I have to start doing a better job of controlling the speed. Β If I get inspired later, I'll do some practice on that.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

Downswing transition. Trying hard to get my legs and hips to be the first thing to become active. So far, 10 5 minute sessions trying and counting. . .

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Since it was only 44ΒΊ in Duluth today, I just used my Momentus swing trainer and 60ΒΊ wedge in the garage slow swinging and saying "hips" at the top of my back swing trying to ingrain weight forward firstΒ into muscle memory.Β  I seem to get weight forward in practice, but not on the course. 5sk #2 has been one of my harder lessons to really trust in play.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5ΒΊ driverΒ ;Β  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;Β  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;Β  Mizuno MP T4 52ΒΊ GW, 56ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

Where is the thread for june ????

I would guess when it's June in America?

On Topic. Got some video of my leg/hip transitioning first. It's clearly visible in the video. Haven't translated this to a full swing yet, but it's a start! Woohoo!

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Distance control on putting ... I suk at it; however, practicing with suggestions from here on TST.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Worked on a more inside path downswing at the range, it's going to take lots of repetitions to change my current path.

Matt

Last day.Β  So how many of us made it all 31 days?

Today did 5 minutes on the putting board.Β  About a dozen swings withe the swing fan.Β  Then 10 minutes of indoor swings.Β  Half swings, 3/4 and full.Β  All working on staying centered and hip slide/turn with soft arms.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

20 mins in the nets, trying to put into practice the drill work I've been doing on the centered turn.

Chris.:roll:

5 minutes in the yard today. Working on right elbow feels again.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note:Β This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!