IGNORED

2015 The Players Championship DiscussionThread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks Captain Obvious  I was hoping on a golf forum there'd be a little more than that, but I'm sure I can live without knowing why.

I would be interested to know as well.  I used to have him pinned as a player to watch but now he is less than an afterthought.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Tiger in danger of missing the cut. To me, TIger just looks like a guy who needs more tournament reps right now. Upset that he's not playing again until the Memorial. That's another month away. I'd like to see him enter the Byron Nelson just to get some work in. He really needs it before Chambers Bay. I mean, does anyone really think he's going to be a legitimate threat at the Open right now? The way Rory's been playing, he's a far cry from that caliber of golf.

A lot of guys are getting beat up by the Players, but yeah, I don't get how TW thinks he can be competitive playing so little, golf does not afford the casual, he needs to get out there and play, a lot.

pressure putt.  those are the ones he needs to start making more often...

Ya know- Tiger is only 7 strokes back at the moment...

Who is the afternoon featured group?

Horschel, Watson, Kuchar.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can't watch this at work.   The 9th hole cannot be reached in two by anyone for today's setup?    Trailing the cut line by 1, I was surprised that Tiger didn't try to get there in two.   Yardage says 580 and I assume it is a stretch for most golfers to get to the green in two.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Can't watch this at work.   The 9th hole cannot be reached in two by anyone for today's setup?    Trailing the cut line by 1, I was surprised that Tiger didn't try to get there in two.   Yardage says 580 and I assume it is a stretch for most golfers to get to the green in two.

I'm not sure about the rest of the field, but Tiger was away after the drive, and he used an iron to lay up to 102yds. They caught him on mic planning that yardage and the angle he wanted into the green. There was a tree that prevented him from reaching anyway, I believe, as he was leftish on the fairway so it might not just be the distance, but the way the tree prevents them from going at the green.

Kaymer and Scott also left themselves <100yds. Scott was last to play and hit a nice draw around the tree from what they said to leave just a partial wedge.

Tiger hit his approach pin high, and was last to putt in the group- the only of the three to birdie the hole.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I'm not sure about the rest of the field, but Tiger was away after the drive, and he used an iron to lay up to 102yds. They caught him on mic planning that yardage and the angle he wanted into the green. There was a tree that prevented him from reaching anyway, I believe, as he was leftish on the fairway so it might not just be the distance, but the way the tree prevents them from going at the green.

Kaymer and Scott also left themselves <100yds. Scott was last to play and hit a nice draw around the tree from what they said to leave just a partial wedge.

Tiger hit his approach pin high, and was last to putt in the group- the only of the three to birdie the hole.

Did he tee off with a driver?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallT

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Kaymer and Scott also left themselves

Did he tee off with a driver?

Doubt it. He hit 269yds, leaving 320 to the hole.

Here's an overhead shot of the hole. I don't see the tree as being as important as the commentators said, but the pin is on the far left, I believe.

• Upvote 2

My Swing

If this leaderboard doesn't start looking better soon, then NBC is going to be on suicide watch this weekend. I feel like this is last week all over again....Rory needs to save the day.

If this leaderboard doesn't start looking better soon, then NBC is going to be on suicide watch this weekend. I feel like this is last week all over again....Rory needs to save the day.

Are you saying that the likes of:

Na, Grace, Hearn, Merritt and Stroud don't move the needle for you??

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Are you saying that the likes of:   Na, Grace, Hearn, Merritt and Stroud don't move the needle for you??

Ugh...and some people want to call this a major?

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!