IGNORED

2015 The Players Championship DiscussionThread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From Golfweek: Tiger Woods made 18 birdies to Rory McIlroy’s 12. But the game at this level is more about minimizing mistakes, so although McIlroy finished T-8, Woods was miles behind at T-69. That’s because whereas McIlroy made just six bogeys, Woods made 10 bogeys, four doubles and one triple.

That almost sounds like my game.  But instead of birdies, it's pars.

LOL.

I make bunch of pars, but have a few blow up holes.  And some blow up holes (albeit relatively rare) are like nuclear bomb detonations - unfortunately.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, that's gotta be close to a record for him in terms of over par holes for a tournament.

I'd love to look this up, so maybe someone knows. I wonder if Tiger had two or more 7+ on par-5s [i]in a year[/i] before 2013 (and as a pro; maybe he did as an eight year old or something). He had two in one day at the Players' this year.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I'd love to look this up, so maybe someone knows. I wonder if Tiger had two or more 7+ on par-5s in a year before 2013 (and as a pro; maybe he did as an eight year old or something). He had two in one day at the Players' this year.

I bet @colin007 knows.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

From Golfweek: Tiger Woods made 18 birdies to Rory McIlroy’s 12. But the game at this level is more about minimizing mistakes, so although McIlroy finished T-8, Woods was miles behind at T-69. That’s because whereas McIlroy made just six bogeys, Woods made 10 bogeys, four doubles and one triple.

That must have been a frustrating tournament for the both of them.

Rory looked incredible but just couldn't get the birdie putts to fall.

Tiger showed many moments of brilliance followed by moments of WTF.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I'd love to look this up, so maybe someone knows. I wonder if Tiger had two or more 7+ on par-5s in a year before 2013 (and as a pro; maybe he did as an eight year old or something). He had two in one day at the Players' this year.

I bet @colin007 knows.

i'm not positive, but i am pretty sure that he has.

Colin P.

Rickie and Alexis @ Bahamas celebrating.....

https://instagram.com/p/2pLVD3FWqq/?taken-by=alexis.randock

alexis.randock

Dinner on the beach in the Bahamas celebrating my mans huge win!! Rickie- your hard work and perseverance shined through on Sunday for an epic win that will go down in history. I couldn't be more proud of you!!!

Rickie and Alexis @ Bahamas celebrating..... [URL=https://instagram.com/p/2pLVD3FWqq/?taken-by=alexis.randock]https://instagram.com/p/2pLVD3FWqq/?taken-by=alexis.randock[/URL] alexis.randock [COLOR=222222]20 hours ago[/COLOR]

Dinner on the beach in the Bahamas celebrating my mans huge win!! Rickie- your hard work and perseverance shined through on Sunday for an epic win that will go down in history. I couldn't be more proud of you!!!

Oh my my ... she and the girls look really nice ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Yeah...I dunno...just something about those two that seem so much more...genuine than any pic I saw of Amanda and Dufner. I always thought Dufner just looked so out of place with Amanda.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Yeah...I dunno...just something about those two that seem so much more...genuine than any pic I saw of Amanda and Dufner. I always thought Dufner just looked so out of place with Amanda.

In this relationship, he's the one with the looks.

Let's just say that she must have a really nice personality.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Two Brits teaching pros play the last three holes at TPC in January.....course looks very different without the grandstands. Notice the catwalk they used on #17 (9:40 min mark).   Using Billy Mayfairs' caddy....filmed in January but the grandstands were already being put up.

Dear Rickie,

Two words: PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT.

Signed,

Freddy and Jason

Dera Rickie,

Four words: Buy her some food.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!