IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6/22/15: Played 18 holes, Front 9: whites (35.1/124), 3055 yards, par 36 x2 First 9: 6 4 6 5 4 5 4 5 8- 47... I hit 3 damn trees on 3... Good double... Hit 3 damn trees on 9 Triple.... Second 9: 6 6 4 4 4 4 3 4 5- 40 11 putts, guys, 11 putts... I hit two GIR... But the last 7 holes were all nGIR... I start bogey-triple and parred the last 7... My average 18 this year is around 84 right around my hdcp... They re-rated the course this year... 71.4/127 for 18... I played pullback from LSW for 15 minutes with one of the ladies at the course... We played basically 9 holes... It came down to the last I had to hole an 8 footer to win and buried it... I consider what I did practice, we just made a Game out of it... After that I hit five drives or so, I got this slice going right now, that I'm playing because it's what I got right now, trying everything to work on SK2 I'm hitting this high weak slices... Playing the first the second time I started it 30 yards left just to cut it back in the fairway, I hit a lot of furniture today though... I can't break 40 right now... But I gotta work on some weight shift drills... Will post results tomorrow...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played 9 holes today, really focusing on making solid contact and start lines.

The backswing is starting to get better. I struck the ball much better. My putting was horrible, and pitching was typical. Couldn't really get up and down from a good handful of nGIR positions.

Went to the short game area and practice my distances wedge shots from 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 swing lengths. Worked on the pitching mechanics. Really started to hit some good shots at the end. Need to really get this to sync in more and more.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Hit the range today. Focused on getting to A3 without changing the knee flex and then getting to A4 without going too far back.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5 min. Mirror work. Getting the arms and swing more compact.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

30 minutes mirror work. 5 minutes mapping. 5 minutes work on banking my right foot.  The remainder on tempo and flattening the shaft at A5.  I took frequent breaks.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6/23/15: Worked on SK2 and SK3 with one of the better players at the course for 20-25 minutes this morning...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

15 minutes putting on my board.  Worked on keeping my hands forward.  Look at a spot right in front of the ball and don't watch the putter head, just swing it on line.  Indoor swings, 1/2, 3/4 and full.  Brushing the carpet.  Back swing and hold.  15 minutes.  30 minutes total.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Worked making good contact at the range

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

5 min. Mirror work. Getting the arms and swing more compact.

Well, I am more compact, but still coming OTT and probably casting at the same time. I have no idea how my body compensates for a perfectly good setup and still manages to come OTT and cast. :doh:

Well at least the shorter more compact swing seems to have roughly the same distances. . .much more work tomorrow with music to block out everything else.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Very good range session working on the downswing. It's getting easier to do now.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Still at work and almost forgot to post that I did my 5 minutes this morning before work.  Worked again on bowing the wrist and laying the shaft down at A4.  I think for it to start really feeling a bit more natural I have to do this outside with a ball so my plan is to do it outdoors at 20% speed to start and see if I can build it up to 50% by the end of the practice session, although, it might not happen until next week.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

10 minutes practice in the net, full swing. It was too cold here to go on any longer.

Chris.:roll:

I thought I'd be OUT, but I wasn't as tired as I thought I'd be when I got home. Used a hangar and a mirror to see what going not-past-90-degrees at A4 feels like.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

6/24/15: 15 minutes on SK3 this morning.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

10 minutes mirror work focusing on A6 position and tempo before my workout.  I am going to the range later to see how this all is working.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!