IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cruz winning Kansas and Maine changes  things. By the end of the night could be a two man race with Trump's delegate lead shrinking. His crummy debate showings are starting to hurt. 

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

Cruz winning Kansas and Maine changes  things. By the end of the night could be a two man race with Trump's delegate lead shrinking. His crummy debate showings are starting to hurt. 

That's my boy, Teddy C!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Well, if Cruz wins more states, I'm pretty sure Trump will make statements like "Cruz will become the first Canadian POTUS." :-D

Technically he was Canadian until 2014.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

As it stands (that's 31% T 24% C).

No one in a golf discussion board mentioned Trump said "Those hands can drive a ball 285 yards?" Video with radar or it's not true. :-)

56dc2957b0e35_republicannominationGoogle

http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/episode/can-establishment-republicans-stop-donald-trump-rubio-cruz-take-aim-gop-frontrunner

ss.thumb.jpg.bbf71e6197bca7ad234c8dbadd3

ssd.png.05f07710e3d1831170659cda062cfbeb

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

As it stands (that's 31% T 24% C).

No one in a golf discussion board mentioned Trump said "Those hands can drive a ball 285 yards?" Video with radar or it's not true. :-)

http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/donald-trump-says-his-small-hands-hit-golf-ball-285-yards

There is evidence that he does. . .http://www.golf.com/photos/donald-trumps-golf-swing-sequence#1, but he pulls the ball.

Actually, he seems to be pretty serious about golf. He said that "He enjoys golf. He has a lot of fun. . ."  http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/donald-trumps-golf-swing-instruction-package

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

12 minutes ago, Lihu said:

http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/donald-trump-says-his-small-hands-hit-golf-ball-285-yards

There is evidence that he does. . .http://www.golf.com/photos/donald-trumps-golf-swing-sequence#1, but he pulls the ball.

Actually, he seems to be pretty serious about golf. He said that "He enjoys golf. He has a lot of fun. . ."  http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/donald-trumps-golf-swing-instruction-package

I'm still far from convinced. For me, radar measured under normal conditions, or it ain't true. YMMV.

dt.png.c352ce613255bf9d7c3190390a36d7db.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

13 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I'm still far from convinced. For me, radar measured under normal conditions, or it ain't true. YMMV.

dt.png.c352ce613255bf9d7c3190390a36d7db.

True, that is the ultimate way to tell. . .but he doesn't brag about his handicap. He also doesn't actually state that he plays absolutely by the rules of golf. He plays by Trump rules for high stakes. The article by his instructor stated that he is a legit 3.7 handicap I presume when he doesn't cheat, and scratch or better when he does. :-D

You learn a lot about someone during a round of golf, assuming that they are reasonably seasoned players (beginners don't count). It seems like Trump would be a fun playing partner. I can imagine him making up some rules, then quietly calling it in to his pro shop to "enforce" said rule to win a hole and having a plaque printed up with his new rule in the shop for when his opponent comes in to check the rule. :-D

I can also imagine Samuel L Jackson being genuinely upset by said rule making. . .http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/donald-trump-cheating-golf-yes-says-samuel-l-jackson:whistle:

Have a listen to what he says about the different golfers that defined different eras. I'm sure he really takes those statements to heart. He seems legit.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

No One Here Can Save the G.O.P.

The hard new fact that the Republican Party is confronting is not Trump, who last night looked more vulnerable than he has since his campaign began. It is instead Trump’s voters. “Millions and millions of people have come to the Republican Party over the last little while,” Trump pointed out, in closing last night, and that is in some sense true: they have come for him. For all the deeply felt horror from the Republicans across the spectrum over Trump’s ideological variability, and the crass and volatile strains in his personality, and the extremity of his xenophobia and economic nationalism, none of his rivals has offered much to the voters Trump has brought in. None, really, seemed to perceive the actual experience of the voters who are backing Trump. As apocalyptic as it seemed, Detroit last night was not the final scene in the nominating contest. But it did seem like a fitting conclusion to the much longer arc of the great fraternal fight over who can claim the mantle of conservatism. Neither side has won that fight. It has just grown bigger and bigger, until it consumed the Party, and blotted out all else.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/benjamin-wallace-wells/no-one-here-can-save-the-g-o-p?intcid=mod-most-popular

Steve

10 hours ago, Lihu said:

He's nearly 70 years old. Color me skeptical. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 minute ago, jamo said:

He's nearly 70 years old. Color me skeptical. 

Maybe, or maybe not? Hank Haney did mention that "he has a lot of club head speed".

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Saw a thing on face book that said something to the effect it was too bad the GOP elete didn't go after Obama as hard as they are going after Trump. Probably a good reason for that. 

Me personally I won't vote for Cruz. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

22 minutes ago, Patch said:

Saw a thing on face book that said something to the effect it was too bad the GOP elete didn't go after Obama as hard as they are going after Trump. Probably a good reason for that. 

Me personally I won't vote for Cruz. 

I'm surprised this is not reported in the mainstream media. . .Oh, wait. . .That's right, the career politicians and media were happily manipulating the masses until Trump came along. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

How does Puerto Rico have a primary?  Did I miss them getting added as the 51st state?  

Joe Paradiso

7 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

How does Puerto Rico have a primary?  Did I miss them getting added as the 51st state?  

Weird but true.  These primary processes are joke.  Some states are winner take it all, others are not.  Some are caucuses and others are not.  And super delegates?  Boo!

Rubio won all 23 PR delegates.   That eases the pain from yesterday.  

Trump has lost steam.  He was winning a simple majority of delegates early on.   In the last two days, he barely got 1/3 and came in 2nd to Cruz.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

32 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

American Samoa does also. And the Democrats have the "Democrats Abroad" thing. The primaries are run by the parties, not the government. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, jamo said:

American Samoa does also. And the Democrats have the "Democrats Abroad" thing. The primaries are run by the parties, not the government. 

I get that but why would Puerto Rico get delegates when they can't vote and don't have representation in the electoral college?  We could hold a primary in Russia, Trump would kill it there.  

Joe Paradiso

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/05/politics/louis-ck-donald-trump-adolf-hitler/index.html

Here's another person coming out comparing Trump to Hitler.   There are many similarities, down to the die hard followers and the cult like figure they both were/are.  It's a good thing that we don't live in that time frame.  Otherwise, Trump and his followers would have taken over the US by intimidation, fear, and mass hysteria.   This is going to take a long time for GOP to recover from.  Maybe, never.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!