IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, dkolo said:

I bet he's doing it pro bono, haha.

In fairness to Trump, it's what he himself advocated for: pointing out dirt against other candidates in the primary so that it doesn't spring up on the party in the general when it's already too late to get someone else. It's why he kept threatening to sue Cruz over being Canadian.

I'm not against it, just thought it was interesting the establishment decided to have Romney sling the mud rather than one of their golden boys.  

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, newtogolf said:

I'm not against it, just thought it was interesting the establishment decided to have Romney sling the mud rather than one of their golden boys.  

Yeah, Romney may yet run, either now to get it to a brokered convention or be the guy to take the call at the convention after a few ballots.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

1 minute ago, Golfingdad said:

Wasn't Michael Bloomberg thinking of running at one point as an independent as well?  Is that still on the table?

I had read Bloomberg would only run if Bernie was likely to beat Hillary because he didn't think Sanders could win in November.  

Joe Paradiso

Looking back in retrospect at pieces that were totally wrong. This is one of them.

After today, Republican commentators and campaigns will have far fewer reservations about attacking Mr. Trump. They will be dismissive of his candidacy, and they will probably diversify their attacks, expanding the onslaught to include his record of donating to Democrats and his continuing support for universal health care. Nearly all of the campaigns have incentives to pile on, and Mr. Trump — without a deep base of support and with few party allies — will struggle to hold on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/upshot/the-trump-campaigns-turning-point.html

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/1/11135388/trump-general-election

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Rachel Maddow's quick synopsis of the current situation.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/Rachel-Maddow-Describes-Election-Season-as-Christmas-on-Tonight-Show-370892781.html

Her overview of the 1968 convention when the Democrats forced in a nominee.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Waiting for Romney announcement to to everyone voting for Trump they're wrong. He knows what's best for them than they do. They should trust his opinion because he lost right? 

Dave :-)

2 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Waiting for Romney announcement to to everyone voting for Trump they're wrong. He knows what's best for them than they do. They should trust his opinion because he lost right? 

You seem very, very invested in the Republican primary Dave.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Just now, Gunther said:

You seem very, very invested in the Republican primary Dave.

I am still haven't decided where I'll land. 

1 minute ago, Dave2512 said:

I am still haven't decided where I'll land. 

Lol, yes, ok.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1 minute ago, Gunther said:

Lol, yes, ok.

Not sure what's lol worthy I've mentioned several times I am registered unaffiliated. I follow all candidates every cycle. I don't wear party blinders I vote for the candidate I feel is best suited for the job from the President down to the County Clerk. You should try it. 

14 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

The republican anti Trump sentiment is proof the party is out of touch and broken. 

This is spot on. The RNC continues to insult Trump voters, this only emboldens them. Trump voters have "expanded the base" as the RNC has so adamantly tried to do for years, now they're rejecting the expansion because it's the "wrong" voters. LOL. They are clueless. 

I still think the most likely scenario is Trump continues to roll on and gets the nomination without a brokered convention. His supporters are simply too numerous at this point to ignore. Record turnout everywhere. He is going to take some winner-take-all states this month and really pull ahead in delegates. 

Also, his endorsements continue to roll in. 

- Mark

The fear is Trump becoming POTUS will create a grass roots movement to unseat all career politicians which works against the RNC, lobbyists and businesses that have career politicians in their pockets.  

Joe Paradiso

11 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Not sure what's lol worthy I've mentioned several times I am registered unaffiliated. I follow all candidates every cycle. I don't wear party blinders I vote for the candidate I feel is best suited for the job from the President down to the County Clerk. You should try it. 

Forgive me but I thought you were from CO, if I'm incorrect on that, my bad.  If not, the primary season is over for CO so I'd thought you might have "landed." 

Does being independent allow you to vote in both primaries?  If so, did you? 

4 minutes ago, Braivo said:

This is spot on. The RNC continues to insult Trump voters, this only emboldens them. Trump voters have "expanded the base" as the RNC has so adamantly tried to do for years, now they're rejecting the expansion because it's the "wrong" voters. LOL. They are clueless. 

Watching Fox this AM and they are saying the same thing. Can't remember who said it but the comment was if they think Trump is an earthquake it will feel like a tremor If they turn on the majority vote.

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

The fear is Trump becoming POTUS will create a grass roots movement to unseat all career politicians which works against the RNC, lobbyists and businesses that have career politicians in their pockets.  

its a beautiful thing. Some of those fogies have been there too long. 

3 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Forgive me but I thought you were from CO, if I'm incorrect on that, my bad.  If not, the primary season is over for CO so I'd thought you might have "landed." 

Does being independent allow you to vote in both primaries?  If so, did you? 

Not independent unaffiliated, can't participate in precinct caucuses unless you submitted a new registration card declaring party affiliation months ago. Google the CO process if you want to know more it's complicated. 

Anyway back to Trump. 

Steve

Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!