IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Trump decided to go after Megyn Kelly, the darling of Fox News, on Twitter. http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politics/trump-couldnt-wait-until-megyn-kelly-got-back-from-vacation-so-he-could-tweet-this-tweets/

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Trump is freaking hilarious. I love the guy.

And he is NOT running for president. He is just having fun, and toying with everyone. I'm amazed that some people think he is a serious candidate. He doesn't want the job.

Very un POTUS like but typical of a person with narcissistic personality disorder.   One of NPD's traits is that they can't stand rejection.  Trump has to get back at Meygan until he is satisfied.

If he becomes the POTUS, I wonder if he is gonna carry on this type of SNS BS with people who criticizes him.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

He's such a dick, but every second he stays in the race is a positive for me.

I'm a Bernie Sanders guy, so if Trump wins the Repub nom and Biden and Hilary split establishment Democrat votes, Bernie has a more than a puncher's chance.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

He's such a dick, but every second he stays in the race is a positive for me.  I'm a Bernie Sanders guy, so if Trump wins the Repub nom and Biden and Hilary split establishment Democrat votes, Bernie has a more than a puncher's chance.

So, do you think Vice President Biden will enter the race? What are your thoughts of Senator Warren and the possibility of her endorsing him?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

So, do you think Vice President Biden will enter the race? What are your thoughts of Senator Warren and the possibility of her endorsing him?

I do think he will, yeah.

If Warren endorses him, it's really going to throw me for a loop. I am a huuuuge Elizabeth Warren fan, and it'd make me reconsider my Bernie Sanders vote. I probably wouldn't switch candidates (I'm a believer in the "Nordic Model" that he believes in), but it'd force me to look at Biden a lot closer.

Had Warren decided to run, I'd be for her.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I listened to Trump speak for the first time (as a presidential candidate I mean) tonight and I have to kind of backtrack on what I've said about him. I can kind of see what people see in him. He was quite entertaining to listen to. :)

I was just at Gettysburg, PA, with my daughter, and I tried to impart to her the beauty and significance of the Gettysburg Address.  So this had me cracking up, particularly after her laughing at a gift shop tee shirt that said "That was sooooooo four score and seven years ago" :

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/3da2218436/abraham-trump-s-gettysburg-address?_cc=S7d___&_ccid=2dkh6u.ntos6b

Quote:

A while back some founders got together. And I mean they were good people but they really didn’t know anything about building a country. C’mon, you know, let’s face facts. Franklin with his little glasses and Washington with those horrible dentures — it was a nightmare. They didn’t know what the hell they were doing.

So then everyone comes to me and they say, “Please help us we’re in this terrible mess.” And believe me I knew this was gonna happen because our leaders were a total disaster who didn’t have a clue how to negotiate. Not the first clue, OK. It’s crazy. And I knew em all. Millard Filmore? The guy was a trainwreck. Franklin Pierce? A complete moron. Moron. And then James Buchanan they say dressed up like a woman if you can even believe it. I could tell you stories.

The point is I’m up all hours saving the Union and then here we are in this cemetery and I’m supposed to do what? Honor the dead? They’re dead. They’re losers. How are we in debt to them? I hate to tell you, but I like the guys who didn’t die. I’ll honor some of them.

And speaking of honoring, they want me to wrap up so they can honor me at a dinner. I’m so in demand it’s insanity half the time. All I’m telling you is if you’re living everything is for you.

More at the link, but it's interesting to compare and ponder the temperament and eloquence of past great presidents, to see how today's candidates stack up.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I listened to Trump speak for the first time (as a presidential candidate I mean) tonight and I have to kind of backtrack on what I've said about him. I can kind of see what people see in him.

He was quite entertaining to listen to. :)

So is John Stewart.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I listened to Trump speak for the first time (as a presidential candidate I mean) tonight and I have to kind of backtrack on what I've said about him. I can kind of see what people see in him.

I definitely get what people like about him; he's brash, unapologetic, and resolute, and for a lot of people that hits the sweetspot of what we're taught about what America is.

Of course, that brash, unapologetic, resolute attitude is in support of white nationalism and other far-right politics, which puts a damper on it for me :-P (not saying you support white nationalism, of course, or anything like that).

So is John Stewart.

I already miss Stewart.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I definitely get what people like about him; he's brash, unapologetic, and resolute, and for a lot of people that hits the sweetspot of what we're taught about what America is.

He is also divisive, uninformed, exaggerates/lies, small minded and vengeful, sexist, crude, boastful, ....    People who like him as Rep nominee are willing to overlook all these and that's a major story in itself.   1st two weeks of Trump candidacy, he was entertaining and interesting.   Now, not so much.   He's like a forum troll who won't go away.   Perhaps, America should vote him in for the POTUS to have 4 years of continuous entertainment.   For once, I like the POTUS to tell the entire congress that "you are fired!" - thank you very much. :-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

"He is also divisive, uninformed, exaggerates/lies, small minded and vengeful, sexist, crude, boastful, ....    People who like him as Rep nominee are willing to overlook all these and that's a major story in itself.   1st two weeks of Trump candidacy, he was entertaining and interesting.   Now, not so much.   He's like a forum troll who won't go away.   Perhaps, America should vote him in for the POTUS to have 4 years of continuous entertainment.   For once, I like the POTUS tell the entire congress that "you are fired!" thank you very much."""

So what? Obama is some of those things too.  Liberals voted for Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton too.

"He is also divisive, uninformed, exaggerates/lies, small minded and vengeful, sexist, crude, boastful, ....    People who like him as Rep nominee are willing to overlook all these and that's a major story in itself.   1st two weeks of Trump candidacy, he was entertaining and interesting.   Now, not so much.   He's like a forum troll who won't go away.   Perhaps, America should vote him in for the POTUS to have 4 years of continuous entertainment.   For once, I like the POTUS tell the entire congress that "you are fired!" thank you very much."""

So what? Obama is some of those things too.  Liberals voted for Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton too.

A few of those, maybe.   Some?   I think you have to go all the way back to Teddy Roosevelt to compare Trump with any other past or current POTUS candidate.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Bernie is solid on half of the issues.  He would fail an economics 101 class.  Trump's protectionist policy is so horrible. Good lord. Milton Friedman is rolling over in his grave

That depends on which school of economics you subscribe to. [quote name="rkim291968" url="/t/82688/donald-trump-for-president/540#post_1190816"]A few of those, maybe.   Some?   I think you have to go all the way back to Teddy Roosevelt to compare Trump with any other past or current POTUS candidate.    [/quote] That's a good comparison in terms of boisterous personality.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

lol  Trump is dumber than a bag of hammers, if he didn't inherit millions from his dad he'd be flipping burgers right now.  The only reason anyone is humoring him is because 1.) they want him to keep spending his money, and 2.) listening to real politicians is boring and mostly a waste of time.

I am getting a kick out of the 5 or 6 of you haters reassuring yourselves with stronger and stronger language as Trump's numbers steadily increase from 20 to 30 to 40%.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I am getting a kick out of the 5 or 6 of you haters reassuring yourselves with stronger and stronger language as Trump's numbers steadily increase from 20 to 30 to 40%.

Polls this early really only tell us about the candidates that have no chance. Even with that, sometimes even the low poll candidates rally. There is a long way to go.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!