IGNORED

2016 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

dunfy3
Note: This thread is 2759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

It will be interesting to see how Westwood chokes away a 2-up lead.

Haha...he didn't have to choke, since Moore just went nuts on him.

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sneds dormie, Moore all square with one to play, DJ 2-up with three to play. The outcome is looking inevitable.

Sullivan had a tough task today; he hadn't played since Friday morning.

DJ can't force Wood to dormie on the 16th; it looks like Moore is going to secure the winning point.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

3 hours ago, gantoise said:
3 hours ago, gantoise said:
4 hours ago, eich41 said:

Yeah, I really don't understand the comment about Reed.  How is anything that he has done different than what Rory (or many others) has done?  I don't think either party has acted like 6 year old, I think they're playing with more passion than they do at any other golf event and it's great to watch IMO.  And this is coming from a guy who can only stand Patrick Reed for three days every two years....

Also Pieters is finding out that the Ryder Cup is a lot more difficult when you don't get to ride Rory's shoulders the whole time...  It's one on one now and he looks overmatched.

Love the black hat "Are you F*&%ING KIDDING ME?????"

Pieters is a diesel, just warming up.

Pieters is a diesel, just warming up.

Ha ha. Out of his depth my arse! The guy has been amazing.

The task force was a success.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

U S A!!! U S A!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Agh well. Bit of a thumping in the end. At least it'll be two years before being subjected to 'USA USA USA' over and over again.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to a very determined US team. 

Took ya long enough.....

:banana:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Now, looking forward to 2018. It will be 25 years since the U.S. won on European soil, or successfully defended the Cup. Who are the captains?

Just now, Chilli Dipper said:

Now, looking forward to 2018. It will be 25 years since the U.S. won on European soil, or successfully defended the Cup. Who are the captains?

Excellent job by Team USA. But France 2018 is going to be tough-very difficult, European style course and the weather won't be great either.

Darren Clarke on telly looking very jolly and upbeat-obviously been on a big jolly. That's why be brought along his drinking pal Westwood.

1 hour ago, Natural Patrick said:

Ultimately Reed will be tamed by the Superior Rory... Really... because I'm curious Hardballs, how does that taste? :beer:

Hahaha, I've been waiting for this! seriously, although a talented guy, I never knew Reed was capable of playing golf consistently to that standard, he was the man of the tournament, he earned all his points and I tip my hat to him and your team!

congrats! 

• Upvote 2

Gaz Lee

Well played USA, based on the entire week this is a deserved victory. They were the better side and holed the putts. 

From the European perspective, quite disappointing that 4 players did not pick up a single point. Especially Westwood was painful to watch. Looking back,that was not a good pick.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

That is the most golf I have ever watched over a 3 day period. My back is killing me, but I have an appointment with doctor feelgood in 1 hour. CONGRATS TEAM USA!!!

You said it brother! I watched every minute of it myself and my lower back is on fire. I thankfully have a very generous and understanding doctor and in 15 minutes I should feel better as well. 

I gotta say I'm relieved that this didn't come down to a must make 6 footer for the US to win. My heart couldn't take that.

Congrats USA! 

Note: This thread is 2759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!