IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

These guys are good.

Yup, unreal to see a shootout like this, with this many people up top a bogey nearly eliminates you from contention.

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Out of curiosity why? What could you hate about Zach Johnson?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Yup, unreal to see a shootout like this, with this many people up top a bogey nearly eliminates you from contention.

The weather's getting worse, and the lead pack is starting to make their way back into town. I don't think the lead stays at 15-under.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

One thing to remember is guys like Z Johnson and Scott knew they had to make a run early so they came out aggressive. We'll see if they can hold on the back 9.

I have no problem with ZJ but I can't get excited about seeing him win any major, much less one that would stand in the way of a grand slam chance at the PGA.

Hmm, seems like a legit reason to not want him to win The Open... Or not. I want to see Jordan pull it off but if he doesn't I would love to see Zach win it.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Glad to see the leaders are all on course enduring the same conditions.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I have no problem with ZJ but I can't get excited about seeing him win any major, much less one that would stand in the way of a grand slam chance at the PGA.

I look at the top 10 right now....and remove a couple guys I've never heard of.....I'd be happy to see any of these guys win - all for different reasons.

But yes, of those Zach has the biggest "meh" factor for me.

I really want to see Adam come back - one of my favorites.

Jordan - of course, for history

Day - one of my favorites, it's his turn

Louis - of course, great player

Marc - after Zach - "meh", but still....

Sergio - just want the guy to get a break

Bill - 

The leader in the clubhouse is Brooks Koepka at 10-under; that lead definitely won't hold. With Wall, Chesters, and Matsuyama all dropping shots on the back nine, it's looking less likely that somebody's going to be able to post a score and wait to see if it stands up. It may be Zach Johnson.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I think it's going to come down to one of Speith, Oosthuizen, or Scott. I don't think Zach Johnson has the length to keep up - although he just stuffed another one. And we're getting close to Day's inevitable drop out of contention, too. Zach Johnson's hope is to get in the clubhouse and hope the weather takes it toll I think.

If I'm Speith, I'm most worried about Oosthuizen. I think he probably cares the least about winning this among those 3, which makes him dangerous.

-- Daniel

Out of curiosity why? What could you hate about Zach Johnson?

I don't hate the guy. I've seen him at a couple of tournaments, interacted with him briefly at the 2011 PGA Championship - he just lacks the overall professional charm and coordialness compared to other pros I've observed in person. No ill will - there's just others I'd prefer to see win.

I think it's going to come down to one of Speith, Oosthuizen, or Scott. I don't think Zach Johnson has the length to keep up - although he just stuffed another one. And we're getting close to Day's inevitable drop out of contention, too. Zach Johnson's hope is to get in the clubhouse and hope the weather takes it toll I think.

If I'm Speith, I'm most worried about Oosthuizen. I think he probably cares the least about winning this among those 3, which makes him dangerous.

Getting close to Day's inevitable drop out of contention? Lol. He's playing right with Spieth.

^^ Think this is accurate.

Getting close to Day's inevitable drop out of contention? Lol. He's playing right with Spieth.

He hasn't been able to close out majors in the past. I would also go with past history and guess he will fade on the back 9.

I disagree, I think he cares big time, they should be worried about Oosthuizen because the guy can play the links and is on fire.

He's been in this exact situation so many times now, and every time he's failed. I'm going to bet against him until he proves that he won't fail.

-- Daniel

Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!