IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not saying he will win , but with the crazy conditions tomorrow, the cut line will be +2 ish. Tiger could easily make the cut line .

Of course you aren't saying he will win because you would have a better chance at winning the lottery a couple times than Tiger winning.. As far as the other statement... Please please tell me what you are holding on to your hat with here? Other than just being a die hard fan that is? You really see him shooting a 69-70 and making the cut line you put down?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You probably can't read this, but it is a summary of the prediction contest. It is BY NO MEANS official. Just a hackjob spreadsheet. Some of the entries could be invalid. Some might be mis-typed. But I think it's close.

The valid entries are in white.

Entries that were null and void at the time are in RED.

Entries that became null and void after someone else's subsequent pick are in YELLOW.

Duplicate entries are in BLUE. (the original pick is still a white cell, but subsequent picks are blue).

None of us picked Goosen or Lawrie.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Crazy bad conditions would be the best thing for Tiger......nothing to lose.....just go out there and hit golf shots

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Play suspended until further notice due to heavy rain.

There will be an R&A; Weather Press Conference at 9.30am.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Back on in forty minutes. The Head of the R&A; was just on BBC and pretty much confirmed DJ will be out at around 6 and won't complete his round today. Makes an unpredictable tourney in odd conditions even more fun to try to predict. My bet is the early starters will do well with low win and wet greens - the guys going out later will have big winds and slightly drier greens. Could be tough... I can definitely see Rose and Zach going well again today.

Still, time to find something else to do for a bit :-( .

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Crazy bad conditions would be the best thing for Tiger......nothing to lose.....just go out there and hit golf shots

this would be a good day for him to come up with a Tiger-injury. Glute-spasm or whatnot. W/D.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

None of us picked Goosen or Lawrie.

Looks like no one chose Tiger, either?

Imagine that..........

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Yay, we're back! :dance: Have to say, looking at the first fairway, the greenkeeping staff have done an amazing job.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

[QUOTE name="RandallT" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/350_50#post_1170430"] None of us picked Goosen or Lawrie. [/QUOTE] Looks like no one chose Tiger, either? Imagine that..........

I only clipped those at -3 or better (top25 or so). Tiger had a bunch of people guessing him. Sorry for confusion.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

My guy, Tommy Fleetwood, is backing up while most are taking advantage of nice conditions! +3 thru 6 so far today (E for tournament).

Edit: Thus far, I see about 30 players under par today for today's round, only 10 over par for today's round.  That can't make Tiger too hopeful that he can fight through tough conditions while everyone else struggles.

My Swing

My guy, Tommy Fleetwood, is backing up while most are taking advantage of nice conditions! +3 thru 6 so far today (E for tournament).

Edit: Thus far, I see about 30 players under par today for today's round, only 10 over par for today's round.  That can't make Tiger too hopeful that he can fight through tough conditions while everyone else struggles.

I don't think Tiger thinks that way (about others and hope).

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

OMG Just seen that my two favourites, Jason and Louis are saddled with Woods today. Having a donkey playing with you often pulls the play of the rest down towards his level. I hope their caddies have got horse blinkers in the bags so they don't need to see it..
  • Upvote 1

I don't think Tiger thinks that way (about others and hope).

Isn't that pretty much what he said yesterday? That he wants it to be real tough out there so that he can make up ground.. How else can he make up ground unless everyone else struggles in tough conditions while he shines? “I’m so far back and the leaderboard is so bunched that in order for me to get in there by Sunday, I’m going to have to have the conditions tough and then obviously put together some really solid rounds,” Woods said. He could have said, yeah I need to play much better to contend.. The fact that he mentioned tough conditions to me implies that others need to slow down as well.. At least that's how I understood it, an I could be wrong..

Eyad

OMG Just seen that my two favourites, Jason and Louis are saddled with Woods today. Having a donkey playing with you often pulls the play of the rest down towards his level. I hope their caddies have got horse blinkers in the bags so they don't need to see it..

Now that's just mean..

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!