IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OMG Just seen that my two favourites, Jason and Louis are saddled with Woods today. Having a donkey playing with you often pulls the play of the rest down towards his level. I hope their caddies have got horse blinkers in the bags so they don't need to see it..

[quote name="Abu3baid" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/390#post_1170512"] Now that's just mean..[/quote]haters gonna hate

Danny Willett? Marx Warren? What the hey? The wind is supposed to switch here soon so imagine if Willett gets to 12 and all of a sudden he's playing those holes downwind? Huge advantage for the morning guys. Afternoon guys are gonna get hosed

Yeah who is this guy and how is he on top of the leaderboard? 1 top 10 in his career and he is 39th in the world? Huh?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hate to say it, but Willett may be this year's Oosthuizen......get in early at -11 or -12 and then the wind will like blow like hell as soon as he finishes and the rest of the guys begin to plummet.

Yeah who is this guy and how is he on top of the leaderboard?

1 top 10 in his career and he is 39th in the world? Huh?

He's solid! Here's his OWGR performance.

T6 Dubai. 3rd WGC Match Play. Won a Euro tourney end of 2014.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

He's solid! Here's his OWGR performance.  T6 Dubai. 3rd WGC Match Play. Won a Euro tourney end of 2014. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/128155/] [/URL]

The info I'm looking at is probably just the PGA tour then I'm assuming.. But at the same time we are taking about they nedbank golf challenge? Also, T57 at the Abu Dhabi HSBC? MC at US open, MC At players.. You have to admit the guy is virtually unknown..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Danny Willet flighted iron.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tommy Fleetwood iron

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post
The info I'm looking at is probably just the PGA tour then I'm assuming.. But at the same time we are taking about they nedbank golf challenge? Also, T57 at the Abu Dhabi HSBC? MC at US open, MC At players.. You have to admit the guy is virtually unknown..

I guess I just happened to catch coverage of some of his good tournaments recently. He's someone I'm somewhat familiar with.

In fact I picked him in this thread--> http://thesandtrap.com/t/82680/pick-5-guys-that-will-finish-in-top-10-that-are-out-of-top-25-world-rankings/0_30#post_1155756

Quote:

How wrong I was! Missed the cut, as you said. Lol.

Also, I wrote T6 Dubai, when I meant Irish Open! I watched him there and was impressed. Probably why I picked him in the US Open above.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Willett is not unknown for the European Tour followers. Having a good season, won a fairly big tournament

~Jorrit

Willett is not unknown for the European Tour followers. Having a good season, won a fairly big tournament

Yeah, Willett can play.

Riley

Agreed - definitely getting better and backing himself far more since the Nedbank. Played well in the Irish too, if I remember rightly.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

OMG Just seen that my two favourites, Jason and Louis are saddled with Woods today.

Having a donkey playing with you often pulls the play of the rest down towards his level. I hope their caddies have got horse blinkers in the bags so they don't need to see it..

Have some respect please.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Willett's an okay player. Wouldn't say he's great. More of a Webb Simpson type if you want to compare him to a PGA guy. Marc Warren is another guy I'm not too familiar with but he has the golfing physique and swing. Really think the afternoon guys may get screwed here. I have a feeling brutal winds are coming.

Willett's an okay player. Wouldn't say he's great. More of a Webb Simpson type if you want to compare him to a PGA guy. Marc Warren is another guy I'm not too familiar with but he has the golfing physique and swing. Really think the afternoon guys may get screwed here. I have a feeling brutal winds are coming.

The afternoon groups got screwed yesterday, so it all works out.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 3037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!