IGNORED

Back me or sack me.

Bileyerheid
Note: This thread is 3218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry, I don't give out personal loans for anything less than 29.99%. Also, interest is to be accrued monthly, not annually.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is definitely not spam and I am only promising 22.4% annual gain on your invetsment. Its not a get rich quick scheme but I'm sure if you can afford the investment I'll enjoy the project.

Except you aren't promising 22.4% annual gain. Even Madoff didn't promise that much. You're offering to owe that much interest, assuming you do pay, which is at least implicitly contingent on you accomplishing something most of us don't think you will. I can buy a ten-year treasury note from the U.S. Government. If I had bought it on Friday, it would pay 2.42% annually for ten years, at which point it would return my invested dollars. That's as close to a 100% guaranteed investment as exists. I'm not trying to pitch you on treasury notes, but I am trying to point out that you're offering nearly 10x the return, which should tell us something about the risk rate of your proposal (assuming said proposal is priced correctly). Also, and I don't mean any offense by this, I'm also worried about investing with someone who needs money to this extent at age 49. As the Mavericks' owner likes to say, "I'm out."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Except you aren't promising 22.4% annual gain. Even Madoff didn't promise that much. You're offering to owe that much interest, assuming you do pay, which is at least implicitly contingent on you accomplishing something most of us don't think you will. I can buy a ten-year treasury note from the U.S. Government. If I had bought it on Friday, it would pay 2.42% annually for ten years, at which point it would return my invested dollars. That's as close to a 100% guaranteed investment as exists. I'm not trying to pitch you on treasury notes, but I am trying to point out that you're offering nearly 10x the return, which should tell us something about the risk rate of your proposal (assuming said proposal is priced correctly). Also, and I don't mean any offense by this, I'm also worried about investing with someone who needs money to this extent at age 49. As the Mavericks' owner likes to say, "I'm out."

Well that about sums up this entire discussion. We're done.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

You're an interesting fellow. I think I like you and hope you do well. I may not be posting for a few weeks, I start the M&M; tour shortly.

So I can put you down for 50 units?

No it wouldn't. Not even close. Unless someone played through a catastrophic injury or they talked someone like Arnold Palmer into playing again (i.e. a really old guy)  you'd be DFL just about every time.

Edit: forgot no actual cut on Champs Tour. Still DFL or very close.

Yes but imagine what I could do with your help. I only started playing the game seriously last year and got down to my present handicap with some reading of this board over the last few years.

P.S. DFL, come on!

I'm game.. Where do I PayPal the money to? Do I get like a certificate or something? I want to make sure you don't take the money and run, I want to see you go thorough with it.

If you take the early bird offer, I'll send you a certificate, a personal thank you note and a sleeve of Titleists.

The fact that you didn't even know about the champions tour cut. Tells me all I need to know. I'm going to have to Sack you!

Sorry to lose you. Damn I should have known those facts.

I could get a 100% return on my investment if I could just get someone to take my $100 bet that you will never tee it up in a Champions Tour event.

(BTW, APR is used for interest that one is paying - the way you are using it it should be APY)

I'll take that bet. Send the 100 to me and I'll send back 200 if I never play on the tour.

Sorry, I don't give out personal loans for anything less than 29.99%. Also, interest is to be accrued monthly, not annually.

OK 30%, but just for you. Shall I put you down for 50 units?

Except you aren't promising 22.4% annual gain. Even Madoff didn't promise that much. You're offering to owe that much interest, assuming you do pay, which is at least implicitly contingent on you accomplishing something most of us don't think you will.

I can buy a ten-year treasury note from the U.S. Government. If I had bought it on Friday, it would pay 2.42% annually for ten years, at which point it would return my invested dollars. That's as close to a 100% guaranteed investment as exists. I'm not trying to pitch you on treasury notes, but I am trying to point out that you're offering nearly 10x the return, which should tell us something about the risk rate of your proposal (assuming said proposal is priced correctly).

Also, and I don't mean any offense by this, I'm also worried about investing with someone who needs money to this extent at age 49.

As the Mavericks' owner likes to say, "I'm out."

Most people could use some extra funds. I am only centering my focus on those with disposable income and old people. Sorry to lose you.

No one has picked up on the fact that he is trolling?

No way bro... Sending my money tomorrow when the bank opens..

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

No one has picked up on the fact that he is trolling?

I may be a chancer but I'm certainly not trying to be offensive or provocative. I'm guessing you're a sacker?

No way bro... Sending my money tomorrow when the bank opens..

Paypal: DFLchampionstour@gmail.con

UPDATE!

I may have been misinformed but I was led to believe that the players on the 'Old Farts Tour' were, at best, playing scratch golf. I mean from those senior tees, I can rip up the best of courses. It is possible that I have been led up the garden path.

On saying that my offer is still open and I welcome any deposits. What can you lose? Or should I say what can you afford to lose?

My handicap would probably get me through the cut but you're right not good enough to win. With the finacial support I would hire Erik and Mike to tune up my game and I think the sky would be the limit.

You would need more than a "tune up", you'd have to shooting in the mid 60's on a regular basis (at your home or local course) just to have a chance. The Champions Tour is extremely hard to qualify for because you're competing against former tour winners for only a few spots. For Q-school t he top 30 players, plus ties, earn Champions Tour cards for the following year. However, this only provides entry into Monday qualifying, only the top 5 players, not including ties , are assured of entry into regular tour events, and only for the first half of the season.

Being a 1.4 you probably wouldn't even qualify for the Senior US Amateur. There are A LOT of good players out there, +1-3 handicappers that have been playing tournament golf for a long time.

Well that about sums up this entire discussion.

And this.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Being a 1.4 you probably wouldn't even qualify for the Senior US Amateur. There are A LOT of good players out there, +1-3 handicappers that have been playing tournament golf for a long time.

If you don't mind, I'm gonna chase my dreams.

If you don't mind, I'm gonna chase my dreams.

Your dream after playing seriously for one year to play on a tour you don't know much about.

What do you think about the Bobby Clampett video?

Mike McLoughlin

I would be happier setting my money on fire. Thanks for the good laugh.

Don't laugh. Found out he's actually really a pretty good golfer as stated. Both left and right handed.

@Bileyerheid has been banned because he's @Patrick57 , someone who has created a dozen or more fake accounts to troll the site.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

That was a comical read

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtleback

I could get a 100% return on my investment if I could just get someone to take my $100 bet that you will never tee it up in a Champions Tour event.

(BTW, APR is used for interest that one is paying - the way you are using it it should be APY)

I'll take that bet. Send the 100 to me and I'll send back 200 if I never play on the tour.

Nah, YOU send ME $100 and I'll send you $200 when you tee it up in a Champions tour event.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

@Bileyerheid has been banned because he's @Patrick57, someone who has created a dozen or more fake accounts to troll the site.

that is funny and disappointing all at the same time - I was about to tell him that all he needed to do to make it to the tour as to start a 10,000 hour plan.

ah well, thanks for cleaning up this mess

Players play, tough players win!

Note: This thread is 3218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!