iacas

Playing Golf Without a (Swing) Thought

106 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you play a competitive round of golf WITHOUT a swing thought or a focal point? Please read first post before answering.

• Never - I always have something in mind
    • Rarely
    • Often
    • Always - I just hit the ball and don't think about anything like that

209 posts / 30681 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I think he's just testing the ground to make sure it still has all the energy he'll need for his tee shot.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I think he's just testing the ground to make sure it still has all the energy he'll need for his tee shot.

:offtopic:😄

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Justin Rose playing with a swing thought.

Looks like a move I've seen rehearsed before full swings in Dana Dahlquist videos.

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Looks like a move I've seen rehearsed before full swings in Dana Dahlquist videos.

It’s a move a lot of people have done.

Hes creating a feel so he can use that as his swing thought or swing feel during the actual swing.

Tiger discussing how he takes or adds spin to his wedge shots. He clearly talks about the feels he tries to achieve to do this. 

As I said in another post, I try to limit my swing thoughts to just during my set up. If I have a swing thought during my swing, especially my backswing, I'm sunk. I now try like hell to clear my mind once my set up is complete and just focus on the ball, I even try to pick a dimple out on the ball and concentrate on that to keep my head clear of thoughts. I watched the "How to Hit a Driver" and put that to use, much better game, now I'm trying to lower my index since I have gotten rid of my fade/slice.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:24 PM, saevel25 said:

Tiger discussing how he takes or adds spin to his wedge shots. He clearly talks about the feels he tries to achieve to do this. 

That's real nice, but I'm a long way from Tiger Woods! I'm just trying to get the ball somewhere on the damned green! if i'm putting, it's a big success. 

29 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

That's real nice, but I'm a long way from Tiger Woods! I'm just trying to get the ball somewhere on the damned green! if i'm putting, it's a big success. 

You don’t have to be Tiger Woods or any great golfer for that matter to have feels. Sometimes someone can explain what they feel to achieve a particular position or movement and you realize that feel actually helps you do what you’ve been trying to do.  

Yes. My current swing thought is upswing and cover the ball on full swings   

Chipping: move shoulders

putting: hit the quadrant