IGNORED

Article on Robert Allenby firing caddie and fan taking over

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From the Bleacher Report. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2530059-golfer-robert-allenby-has-fan-carry-bag-after-firing-caddie-mid-round?utm_source=cnn.com&utm;_medium=referral&utm;_campaign=editorial [QUOTE]One fan had quite the experience while attending the first round of the Canadian Open on Thursday at Glen Abbey Golf Club in Ontario. That fan was Tom Fraser, a school principal, who had the rare opportunity to carry Robert Allenby's bag—an opportunity made possible, well, because the Australian golfer had fired his actual caddie mid-round. A tiff reportedly occurred between Allenby and his caddie, Mick Middlemo, when the golfer triple bogeyed on the 13th hole. Middlemo had called for an 8-iron on the fourth shot of the par-five hole, when Allenby had wanted to instead use the 7-iron. Here's what happened, in Allenby's words, as reported by ScoreGolf's Jason Logan:[/QUOTE]

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Robert Allenby has had a rough 2015.

Yes. Yes he has. :-)

Scott

My Swing Thread

Tin Cup?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Robert Allenby has had a rough 2015.

True. He was consistently earning about $2 M for about a dozen years, but he is on track to miss the playoffs for 2 of the last 3 seasons and barely made it in in 2014 with 500 K/#125.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Allenby telling his caddy he does not deserve to be a caddy is sort of like "the pot calling the kettle black".  I am of the opinion Allenby is one of those has beens who should let other, more competitive golfers take his spot in these tournaments.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I understand caddies do far more than just carry the players clubs, but they are still employees of the player... if he felt 7 iron was his best play... Why didn't he just simply override his caddies advice and do it? Isn't selecting a golf club often times using your gut feeling? Maybe just for me it is since I shoot in the 90's lol
  • Upvote 1

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I understand caddies do far more than just carry the players clubs, but they are still employees of the player... if he felt 7 iron was his best play... Why didn't he just simply override his caddies advice and do it? Isn't selecting a golf club often times using your gut feeling? Maybe just for me it is since I shoot in the 90's lol

Ultimately it is the player's decision and he must be accountable for it.

BTW, I read that this is the 3rd time Allenby's caddie walked off during a round.   That says a lot about Allenby more than the caddies.

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Talking about walking off on the pro, Bubba"s guy could've walked several times, a couple in front of a national TV audience......but the paychecks given up as well as future employment opportunities would be huge.

Talking about walking off on the pro, Bubba"s guy could've walked several times, a couple in front of a national TV audience......but the paychecks given up as well as future employment opportunities would be huge.

Yes, it's undoubtably more lucrative to caddy for Bubba than for Allenby.

The accounts of this I've read which quote many with first hand knowledge are not complimentary to Allenby. The fact that this is the 4th time one of his caddies has walked off the course in the middle of a round makes the golfer look quite bad.

Allenby's character is questionable, to say the least. I'd imagine the caddie would've relished the opportunity to hash everything out in a secluded corner of the parking lot after Allenby finished his round.

John

and Bubba's placements in tournaments and the prize money he makes is the only reason Ted Scott or whatever his name is stays lol.  Bubba as we've seen on camera treats him like absolute dirt and blames him for every poor shot he hits.  Bubba is something of an enigma to me.  Everyone always seems to say he is genuinely a good guy - but we've really seen him be a complete douche on camera.

• Upvote 1

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I'm just loving the people mistaking Allenby for Stuart Appleby :))

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I'm just loving the people mistaking Allenby for Stuart Appleby :))

I feel bad for Appleby..

Scott

My Swing Thread

and Bubba's placements in tournaments and the prize money he makes is the only reason Ted Scott or whatever his name is stays lol.  Bubba as we've seen on camera treats him like absolute dirt and blames him for every poor shot he hits.  Bubba is something of an enigma to me.  Everyone always seems to say he is genuinely a good guy - but we've really seen him be a complete douche on camera.

Interesting to that after yesterdays round when Bubba was interviewed. He was asked about how he felt his play was. He said he played great on the back 9. Then goes on to say that on the front 9. He was given bad yardages to pin placements.

Note: This thread is 3189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!