IGNORED

Longest Personal Drive?

supercow
Note: This thread is 3355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine was a 375 yard drive on a 500 yard par five. !25 yards out with a 9 iron. Made the putt for eagle. This was during a Fourth of July tournament on the long drive hole! Won a set of head covers.

375 and they gave you headcovers? Did they give out a box of pinnacles for closest to the pin?

My best drive in flat/no wind normal fairways would be 340 with a 48in ultralight driver, 330 with a regular club

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

375 and they gave you headcovers? Did they give out a box of pinnacles for closest to the pin? My best drive in flat/no wind normal fairways would be 340 with a 48in ultralight driver, 330 with a regular club

I'm a little guy. I was 5'8", 155lbs and they thought I lied. So I went out to the first hole, a 340 yard par four and drove the green. So they gave me some head covers. I'm glad I didn't whiff. :-D

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I don't wanna hear stuff like that...It depresses me....:-P    :-D

I'm 57 now. Last year I hit a ball to a sprinkler head that said 60 yards. The hole was 420 yards. I wish I knew how one day I can hit one like that and the next day be fishing a 150 duck hook out of the pond on the same hole. :-P Lihu knows the hole. Back tees from #18 at Mangrove Bay.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I'm not even half your age, vangator (I'll be 28 tomorrow), my longest drive would have to have an asterisk next to it, because about four years ago I was in a near fatal car wreck, that took a good friend of mine from the world... but anyway, everything in my lower body, was pretty much screwed, I'm lucky to be alive, and even luckier to be walking, a lot of physical therapy, got me back so I was a half-way decent golfer again, but I will never have the speed I used to have... When I was 20... I played a legitimate 438-yard par-4, (not one that the yardage is padded)... and Drove the green... (ok it was a little downhill, and a lot downwind... or was it a lot downhill and a little downwind... probably the former) Since my accident... 1st Hole at Newman (not that anyone is from Ithaca on here)... I drove it a little past the service road... and had about 200-205 left, that was from the back tee (Newman is a 9 hole course with 2 sets of tees)... so probably 320 ish, not as far as some of you guys longest but hell I'll take it...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

280 yds. elevated tee. Ball hit the cement cart road and bounced and bounced and bounced and bounced, coming to rest in the first cut of the fairway a short 40 yds from the pin.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

[quote name="Hammer 4" url="/t/8346/longest-personal-drive/288#post_1011131"] I don't wanna hear stuff like that...It depresses me....:-P    :-D

I'm 57 now. Last year I hit a ball to a sprinkler head that said 60 yards. The hole was 420 yards. I wish I knew how one day I can hit one like that and the next day be fishing a 150 duck hook out of the pond on the same hole. :-P Lihu knows the hole. Back tees from #18 at Mangrove Bay.[/quote] I wouldn't say I know the hole or the course, and there was so much water you could easily land in water if you veered too far off the fairway. I recall using hybrid on most of the back 9 holes and getting plenty of roll even though there was a light rain the day before. There's one hole with woods and a stream blocking the green that doglegs left with a road on the left? I tried to cut the dogleg with my 6i and ended in the stream/swamp area. I also hit a massive drive right into a ditch on an uphill par 4, forgot the number. I was happy at first that it went straight, but drove up to find that it went in the swampy ditch. Totally forgot from the last time.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Only 260.

I usually hit around 220-230 and have hit 250 + a handful of times but haven't had anything feakishly longer than my avg....yet

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

During the season, a really good/above average drive for me is about 255.   In UT last winter, I nutted one that went about 285 in the light air.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I wouldn't say I know the hole or the course, and there was so much water you could easily land in water if you veered too far off the fairway. I recall using hybrid on most of the back 9 holes and getting plenty of roll even though there was a light rain the day before. There's one hole with woods and a stream blocking the green that doglegs left with a road on the left? I tried to cut the dogleg with my 6i and ended in the stream/swamp area. I also hit a massive drive right into a ditch on an uphill par 4, forgot the number. I was happy at first that it went straight, but drove up to find that it went in the swampy ditch. Totally forgot from the last time.

The only hoe with road at all is #6 485 yard par 5. Back in the day, that used to be a driver 8 iron hole, but now is a driver 5 wood. An uphill par 4? In Florida? :-) That must be #16. Usually 240 to the ditch (we call it a canal :-)) Usually a 3 iron or 5 wood off the tee. Since we're talking long drives, It's a 260 carry off the tee. Now I always lay up (unless in a scramble). Years ago I would just rip a driver over that canal every time. Longest was about 30 yards from the green.

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/8346/longest-personal-drive/306#post_1103127"] I wouldn't say I know the hole or the course, and there was so much water you could easily land in water if you veered too far off the fairway. I recall using hybrid on most of the back 9 holes and getting plenty of roll even though there was a light rain the day before. There's one hole with woods and a stream blocking the green that doglegs left with a road on the left? I tried to cut the dogleg with my 6i and ended in the stream/swamp area. I also hit a massive drive right into a ditch on an uphill par 4, forgot the number. I was happy at first that it went straight, but drove up to find that it went in the swampy ditch. Totally forgot from the last time.

The only hoe with road at all is #6 485 yard par 5. Back in the day, that used to be a driver 8 iron hole, but now is a driver 5 wood. An uphill par 4? In Florida? :-) That must be #16. Usually 240 to the ditch (we call it a canal :-)) Usually a 3 iron or 5 wood off the tee. Since we're talking long drives, It's a 260 carry off the tee. Now I always lay up (unless in a scramble). Years ago I would just rip a driver over that canal every time. Longest was about 30 yards from the green.[/quote] Number 6 looked so doable driver 6i, so next time I'll play more conservative and play 3 shots. The uphill par 4 was 16. Yeah, my playing partners didn't see it land either. Well, at least I know I don't carry uphill 260. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Why not keep track of these things, it's fun. It's no different than keeping track of when you got your first par/birdie/eagle, the longest putt you've ever made, first chip in, etc. I see no reason not to keep track of it. While I don't have any exact number for my longest drive I don't begrudge people who do.

Except.... some of us never tracked any of that either.  First chip in?  you're kidding, right?  First par?  Not a clue.  Same for birdie and eagle.  In fact I can recall the circumstances of only four milestone shots in my life.  Only long drive I remember (323 yards) is only because it was wind and winter fairway aided, and it happened after I had a GPS so I could actually measure it.  Prior to that there was no way to really tell.

I remember my 2 aces, my only eagle on a par 4 (that's a legitimate par 4 hole not a 280 yard par 3.5), and my only eagle not made at my home course.  The rest are sufficiently numerous that the firsts got lost in the distance.  I didn't even save the balls I made the aces with.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Except.... some of us never tracked any of that either.  First chip in?  you're kidding, right?  First par?  Not a clue.  Same for birdie and eagle.  In fact I can recall the circumstances of only four milestone shots in my life.  Only long drive I remember is only because it was wind and winter fairway aided, and it happened after I had a GPS so I could actually measure it.  Prior to that there was no way to really tell. I remember my 2 aces, my only eagle on a par 4 (that's a legitimate par 4 hole not a 280 yard par 3.5), and my only eagle not made at my home course.  The rest are sufficiently numerous that the firsts got lost in the distance.  I didn't even save the balls I made the aces with.

I remember my first par. During my first round. Number 11 at Sunset Valley exec course in 1975. 113 yard par 3. Hit a 7 iron. 2 putts. Mason Rudolph irons. Putter looked like it was stolen from a miniature golf course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Except.... some of us never tracked any of that either.  First chip in?  you're kidding, right?  First par?  Not a clue.  Same for birdie and eagle.  In fact I can recall the circumstances of only four milestone shots in my life.  Only long drive I remember is only because it was wind and winter fairway aided, and it happened after I had a GPS so I could actually measure it.  Prior to that there was no way to really tell.

I remember my 2 aces, my only eagle on a par 4 (that's a legitimate par 4 hole not a 280 yard par 3.5), and my only eagle not made at my home course.  The rest are sufficiently numerous that the firsts got lost in the distance.  I didn't even save the balls I made the aces with.

I remember my first par. During my first round. Number 11 at Sunset Valley exec course in 1975. 113 yard par 3. Hit a 7 iron. 2 putts. Mason Rudolph irons. Putter looked like it was stolen from a miniature golf course.

My first par was probably some 50 years ago.  It's just not that remarkable.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

My first par was probably some 50 years ago.  It's just not that remarkable.

Every birdie ball of mine is on the shelf. All 12 of them, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• 2 weeks later...

Every birdie ball of mine is on the shelf. All 12 of them, haha.

I've made two birdies, but the only ball I've saved so far is the first one that made it all the way through 18. LOL.

Kevin

On a short par 4, I hit a 300 yard drive to the right edge of the green, but pin high.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Note: This thread is 3355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!