Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mvmac

What Introverted Really Means

Note: This thread is 1706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

43 posts / 3008 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Introvert here.  The thing is that introversion/extroversion is more of a scale than just one thing or another.  Everybody just lands on a different point on the scale.  I can be very social and very extroverted around a group of people I know well, but when I'm in a group I don't know very well or if the group doesn't hold my interest then I zone out and prefer to be in my own mind or to be alone. Has anybody hear hear of the Myers-Briggs personality stuff?  I find it very interesting.

Same here. I lose interest in groups quickly if the talk is purely superficial. I like deep conversation with just a few people atva time. I am INFP on the Meyers-Briggs. I have found it to be pretty accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcyderydin

Introvert here.

The thing is that introversion/extroversion is more of a scale than just one thing or another.  Everybody just lands on a different point on the scale.  I can be very social and very extroverted around a group of people I know well, but when I'm in a group I don't know very well or if the group doesn't hold my interest then I zone out and prefer to be in my own mind or to be alone.

Has anybody hear hear of the Myers-Briggs personality stuff?  I find it very interesting.

Same here. I lose interest in groups quickly if the talk is purely superficial. I like deep conversation with just a few people atva time.

I am INFP on the Meyers-Briggs. I have found it to be pretty accurate.

Just took this one .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Introvert here.

The thing is that introversion/extroversion is more of a scale than just one thing or another.  Everybody just lands on a different point on the scale.  I can be very social and very extroverted around a group of people I know well, but when I'm in a group I don't know very well or if the group doesn't hold my interest then I zone out and prefer to be in my own mind or to be alone.

Has anybody hear hear of the Myers-Briggs personality stuff?  I find it very interesting.

I'm the same way around friends/family vs. strangers.  Growing up, we were always taught that children should never speak unless you are spoken to.  Well, I'm far from being a child, but old habits die hard and I have a hard time meeting/introducing myself to new people.  I have several friends that can walk up to anyone and start a conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braivo

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcyderydin

Introvert here.

The thing is that introversion/extroversion is more of a scale than just one thing or another.  Everybody just lands on a different point on the scale.  I can be very social and very extroverted around a group of people I know well, but when I'm in a group I don't know very well or if the group doesn't hold my interest then I zone out and prefer to be in my own mind or to be alone.

Has anybody hear hear of the Myers-Briggs personality stuff?  I find it very interesting.

Same here. I lose interest in groups quickly if the talk is purely superficial. I like deep conversation with just a few people atva time.

I am INFP on the Meyers-Briggs. I have found it to be pretty accurate.

Just took this one.

ENTJ, and the best fields for me to get into are business management, law and engineering . How about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ENTJ, and the best fields for me to get into are business management, law and engineering. How about that?

Plus one, I am also ENTJ and am in finance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Plus one, I am also ENTJ and am in finance

My dad's an ENTJ (my diagnosis).  I'm an INTP.

*Diagnosis is the wrong word but you know what I mean...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Has anybody hear hear of the Myers-Briggs personality stuff?  I find it very interesting.

I did twice, both times, as part of company team building exercise.  1st one, I don't remember other than I was doing the right job (I was a SW eng).   2nd time, my result had split personality - more extrovert than before b/c by this time, I have been in management for a while.

Being an introvert means never signing up for a forum organized golf tournament where you have to play with total strangers you pissed off in forum discussions. :-\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It says I'm: ENTP Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving Pretty good assessment, me thinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you are indeed an introvert, by definition shouldn't you be NOT on a forum? (Yes that's a double negative, but this is one of the rare times it is actually more accurate than not using a double negative)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you are indeed an introvert, by definition shouldn't you be NOT on a forum?

No. That's not the definition of an introvert. In fact, many introverts find it much easier to express themselves online or via the written word rather than on-their-feet, verbally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No. That's not the definition of an introvert. In fact, many introverts find it much easier to express themselves online or via the written word rather than on-their-feet, verbally.

Agreed.  Funny that I am an ENTJ because I can switch to introvert as well.  I can either feed off energy or create energy, I love both being outward as well as taking time for introspection.  My Friday nights are usually smoking a cigar with a nice Scotch and contemplating the week and what lay ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukari

If you are indeed an introvert, by definition shouldn't you be NOT on a forum?

No. That's not the definition of an introvert. In fact, many introverts find it much easier to express themselves online or via the written word rather than on-their-feet, verbally.

I think that's what @Yukari meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No. That's not the definition of an introvert. In fact, many introverts find it much easier to express themselves online or via the written word rather than on-their-feet, verbally.

Exactly. Just got home from the TST outing. Had a great time with the guys, but being an introvert I found myself needing breaks from the conversation and banter. I don't feel the same way online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Introverts are growing in numbers because more and more people are finding out many so called friends aren't really friends in the old sense of the word. The better more modern word is acquaintances. When the chips are down people find out if they have any so called friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Introverts are growing in numbers because more and more people are finding out many so called friends aren't really friends in the old sense of the word. The better more modern word is acquaintances. When the chips are down people find out if they have any so called friends.

Being slighted by so called friends has nothing to do with introverts. You can be an extrovert and still not trust people after being hurt by your friends.

Introversion and extroversion are aspects of personality coined by Carl Jung in the early 20th century. Since then, they’re often included as parts of personality scales like the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Shyness and being outgoing don’t have anything to do with it; it’s more about where we get our energy from. In fact, the differences are pretty simple:

Introverts get exhausted by social interaction and need solitude to recharge.

Extroverts get anxious when left alone and get energy from social interaction.

That’s it. There’s nothing about shyness, being a homebody, or how adventurous you are. Both types can be social, both can creative, both can be leaders, and so on.


Originally Posted by iacas

No. That's not the definition of an introvert. In fact, many introverts find it much easier to express themselves online or via the written word rather than on-their-feet, verbally.

I agree. Though I find it hard to classify myself an introvert because I really don't get drained by being around people. Maybe I just don't do enough opportunities being in large groups to compare to having alone time.

I do think Introverts tend towards online because they can interact and not feel drained by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Being slighted by so called friends has nothing to do with introverts. You can be an extrovert and still not trust people after being hurt by your friends.

I agree. Though I find it hard to classify myself an introvert because I really don't get drained by being around people. Maybe I just don't do enough opportunities being in large groups to compare to having alone time.

I do think Introverts tend towards online because they can interact and not feel drained by it.

So you say you can't be a introvert and be slighted by friends but you can be a extrovert  and still not trust people hum. I think you have a problem thinking things out. I really have no interest in what else you have to say about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 1706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • TST Affiliates

    SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Posts

    • Welcome to The Sand Trap! Thanks for sharing.
    • I'm an 18 HCP. My first game, I stopped counting. I went the lesson club fitting route. I'm not overly physically adept. I walk the course but not an athlete. Took it up 8 years ago. My wife and I get out up to 60 times a year. Got the fitted clubs 4 years ago. Loved the experience. Met a great guy. Went back and He fitted and sold me a driver. It took me 2 years after getting fitted to really start to feel the clubs. Last year I picked up a Ping eye 2 iron set for $100. They are 30 years old. I alternate with the modern set. I hit them about the same.  Of course, get a set that is the right size and fit. Meets your "shiny new toy" eye (thats important) and fits your budget...but there's no substitute for lessons and practice...and playing golf on the course.
    • Coorg Golf Links, Bittangala, Coorg, India Course Par 70 Men's Slope 67.3/117 Women's Slope 67.5/119 Championship Tees Hole 1 - Par 4 - 360 yards - SI 9 Straight hole.  Right side and over the back is OB.  Hit across a road which divides the front 9 and back 9.  Immediately across the road is a tank.  There is another tank on the right side.  Carry around 200 and you are over both the tanks.  On the left side of the fairway from 260 to 320 is another tank.  Hit 200 to 250 straight and you are good.  Green is slightly elevated but fairly flat Hole 2 - Par 3 - 149 yards - SI 11 Straight hole.  A tank on the left side till about a 100 yards.  Two bunkers in front and a gap between them.  Green slopes quite a bit Hole 3 - Par 4 - 360 yards - SI 1 About 200 yards straight.  Then a serious climb with a bit of a dogleg right.  The last 150 yards or so easily climbs 25 yards.  Around 230 yards is a road.  All along the right is OB.  Either hit it 200 yards till where it is level and then hit an uphill shot or carry it at least 240-250 and clear the road. A bunker on the left edge of the green.  Fairly small and reasonably level two tier green.  Maybe a difference of a foot or two between the two tiers Hole 4 - Par 3 - 143 yards - SI 13 Straight hole with an OB on the right and a drop off on the left.  The right side is a slope as well, but plants to keep the slope from eroding hold up balls hit there.  There is a bunker on the front right side and the green has a slope with an elevation change of three feet or so. Hole 5 - Par 4 - 305 yards - SI 5 Dog leg left. Hole goes up for 125 yards and then turns left and goes severely downhill (reckon 50 to 75 yards).  On the left side of the fairway is a hazard and on the right side is an OB.  There are some tall trees in the hazard on the left, which makes cutting the dogleg a bit of an issue. Hole 6 - Par 5 - 530 yards - SI 3 Dog leg right.  Hole goes up 250 or so yards (climb of 50 yards or so) and then turns right.  Down hill all the way from there to the green (drop of 100 yards or so.  The entire right side is OB.  About 100 yards short of the green cross the road (same as 3rd hole).  About 50 yards short of the green a tank on the left edge of the fairway.  Green has two bunkers in front.  Behind and right side drops off after the green. Hole 7 - Par 4 - 335 yards - SI 15 Slight dog leg left.  About 200 yards to the left.  Cutting the dogleg is problematic thanks to a tree in the relevant line.  Left downhill slope with trees and a tank.  Right uphill slope with trees.  After that OB onto the road (3rd and 6th hole) and beyond.  Green has two front bunkers. Hole 8 - Par 4 - 295 yards - SI 17 Straight hole.  Water body from 100 to 150 yards.  Two fairway bunkers on either side between between 200 and 250 yards.  Bunkers either side of the green.  Most of the left side of the fairway is wooded rough. Green slopes from back to front. Hole 9 - Par 4 - 365 yards - SI 7 Straight hole.  Tank on left of fairway from 250 to 350 yards.  Two bunkers in front of the green.  Green slopes from right to left.  A couple of yards past the green is OB. Hole 10 - Par 4 - 460 yards - SI 2 Bit of a dogleg left.  Left of the fairway is OB.  About 250 yards from the tee is a fairway bunker on the right side of the fairway.  One the right edge of the fairway are two tanks at 150 and 75 yards.  Left and beyond the green after 5 yards or so is OB.  Two bunkers either side of the front of the green.  Green slopes from front to back. Hole 11 - Par 3 - 160 yards - SI 18 Left of the fairway and behind the green is OB.  One bunker on the front left of the green.  Right of the fairway is a tank.  Green slopes from front to back. Hole 12 - Par 4 - 390 yards - SI 6 Slight dogleg left.  Entire left of fairway is OB.  Turns left around 225 yards.  Two bunkers in front of the green.  Behind the green slopes down and a tank about 5 to 10 yards past.  Green slopes from front to back. Hole 13 - Par 3 - 170 yards - SI 14 Left of the fairway is OB.  A tank stretching all the way till 20 yards before the green.  A bunker on either side of the front of the fairly level green. Hole 14 - Par 5 - 500 yards - SI 10 Dogleg right.  About 275 yards and the fairway turns to the right.  Trees lining the entire right side of the fairway, which makes going left on the fairway, right of the fairway onto the 12th fairway or long enough mandatory if you want to hit the green in two.  Front of the green has two bunkers.  10 yards over the green is a tank. Hole 15 - Par 3 - 170 yards - SI 12 Straight hole with bunkers either side of the green.  A bit of a drop off on the left of the green.  Both sides have some trees though far more on the left. Hole 16 - Par 4 - 360 yards - SI 16 Straight hole with fairway bunkers either side around 200 to 250 yards.  From a hundred or so yards in the fairway rises by about 5 yards and then levels out.  Green has a bunker on either side and drops off every side.  Slopes a bit from back to front. Hole 17 - Par 5 - 560 yards - SI 4 Dogleg right.  Left of fairway for tee shot is OB.  About 275 yards from the tee box is a tank on the right half of the fairway.  After the tank the fairway turns right.  The green has two bunkers in front and about 10 yards behind it is a tank. Hole 18 - Par 4 - 495 yards - SI 8 Almost straight hole.  At the end of the fairwayof about 450 yards, the green is on the left side another 50 yards or so, and raised up by 10 yards or so.  However, it isn't really a dogleg because you can hit the green from almost any point on the fairway.  The green has two bunkers at the right and back. On the left and front, it is a slope.  Back and right long is OB.  One part of the green is quite steep and it is a two tier green.
    • Weight was definitely the most important factor for me when I changed shafts.
    • This is the best ans(w)er. Shafts generally do the same thing, but sometimes they do it different.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Kman74
      Kman74
      (46 years old)
    2. kuyarey
      kuyarey
      (39 years old)
    3. Marc Krikke
      Marc Krikke
      (51 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...