IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

So, last night was the first night of golf league. First tee I stuck in the ground this year. First time hitting a ball off the grass. Left my putter on my indoor putting mat in the office so I was able to borrow one of my pal's spare putters. I putted poorly, but not the putters fault. Took me forever to realize the greens were very very slow. We've had tons of rain and the greens were downright furry. I also went from my car to the clubhouse to the first tee. No warm up. 

image.png.8942f7b919e8c0b166f400109b02f85c.png

It took me a bit to get it going. But finished solid. I think I had four penalty strokes in the first 5 holes. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

56 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

So, last night was the first night of golf league. First tee I stuck in the ground this year. First time hitting a ball off the grass. Left my putter on my indoor putting mat in the office so I was able to borrow one of my pal's spare putters. I putted poorly, but not the putters fault. Took me forever to realize the greens were very very slow. We've had tons of rain and the greens were downright furry. I also went from my car to the clubhouse to the first tee. No warm up. 

image.png.8942f7b919e8c0b166f400109b02f85c.png

It took me a bit to get it going. But finished solid. I think I had four penalty strokes in the first 5 holes. 

At Bent Tree, right? I'm surprised the greens were that slow. I played right around the corner at Northstar and their greens were normal speed. Slightly soft/receptive but not overly so and not slow or shaggy by any means.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

3 hours ago, klineka said:

At Bent Tree, right? I'm surprised the greens were that slow. I played right around the corner at Northstar and their greens were normal speed. Slightly soft/receptive but not overly so and not slow or shaggy by any means.

Actually, I'm in a different league this year. That was at New Albany Golf Links.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Actually, I'm in a different league this year. That was at New Albany Golf Links.

Gotcha. Still surprised those were that slow too, those are usually some of the quicker/nicer maintained greens of the public courses I play.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Gotcha. Still surprised those were that slow too, those are usually some of the quicker/nicer maintained greens of the public courses I play.

Yeah, that's what most of the guys there were saying. I'm guessing they weren't able to cut them due to all the rain. Or maybe they are growing really fast and since we tee'd off at 6PM... 😜

So I played in my first league match and it was fun. I bogeyed every freaking hole. A 9 over 45. No real trend in the hiccups, a chunk here, a missed put there, fly one in the water, flew the green on a par three. There were 5 of us in our group and we got around in 2 hrs and 8 minutes walking. Not too bad. A load of fun. 

• Thumbs Up 2

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

I have posted three scores now since the Philly section opened on April 1.

41-43-84 (72.1/135), 42-47-89 (72.1/135) and 42-45-87 (70.3/129). Same course, the last score from the forward tees. Weird that my best score was the first one out. It usually takes me about a month to get anything much lower than around 90 and my handicap usually shows it. But now it is holding steady. 

The range on grass is finally open. I hate the mats. My scores will improve accordingly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill M

(edited)

Played my first 2024 round at Pierce Lake. Boomed my first drive down #10 fairway, then slowly slipped into mediocrity. 83 (69.6/131).

The high point was going 2 of 4 on sand saves. My sand game is pretty marginal but today I must have discovered the secret for a couple hours.

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

Played Musgrove Mill Golf Course- 72.3/155 course rating and slope. Shot the worst round of my life two weeks ago here. Happy to say I shot 43-42 85 today.

Hit 12/14 fairways but only 4 GIR with t32 putts. The two fairways I missed, I hit where I aimed but they ran through the fairway. Hitting my approaches shorter than normal, and struggled with distance control. Because of this, I missed all 4 par 3 GIR. Shank, left, short and short. 

best shot of the day was on 15. Out of the fairway bunker, I told my playing partners I was going to have to hit a big fade because of tree interference and the pin was in the back right. Told them I needed to hit it like Tiger at the 2000 Canadian Open. Executed better than expected and finished right of the hole and 18’ above. Drained the putt for a sandy-birdie!

• Thumbs Up 1

44+39 for an 83. Figuring stuff out. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

43 (6 over)
Couple bogies, couple Pars, a birdie and no doubles.

Not bad for first 9 of the year. 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

47+49 for a 96. Just lost it today. Two way miss off the tee. Could not hit a decent iron. Three putted like at least 8 holes. Not good when the short game is the best part of the day 😭😭

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

On 4/16/2024 at 3:21 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

Yeah, that's what most of the guys there were saying. I'm guessing they weren't able to cut them due to all the rain. Or maybe they are growing really fast and since we tee'd off at 6PM... 😜

The dreaded 6 o'clock shadow. 🤣

45 + 44 for an 89.

I three putted probably 5 of the first 9 greens and probably 6-7 overall. Tee to green was decent. When I stopped taking practice strokes. It just isn’t helping me get the feel for a putt. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I'm a 20+ handicapper. 

New to me 9 hole, par 3 course close to work. Much nicer than the other one I play. I shot +8, despite terrible ball striking and only lost one ball on the last hole when I hit a hook that also went too long. The course also wasn't mapped in my Golf Pad app so I was guestimating distance and club. Great practice, lots of fun, and happy with my short game.

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

46+40 for an 86. I just need to play 9 holes on the range before each round. 🤣🤣🤣

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag