IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

73 today. Started out insanely on. Shot 34 on the front, made two birdies, scrambled for two pars, but missed two very makable birdies. On the back 9 I got a little lax in my concentration and shot 39. It's been a struggle lately. I needed this today.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

68 at a par 58 executive course. 7 pars, 2 birdies, 7 bogeys, 1 triple, 1 double. One of my goals has been to shoot 10 over or less at my executive courses I play. Lets see if I can do it again.

Oh and the triple and double were on back to back holes in which I put my tee shot where I wanted but duffed/thinned my second shots... Oh well. Can't complain at all!

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

Today I battled a serious 3 club wind and came out victorious. I can't remember the last time I was this happy to shoot even par. Today was great. I was calm and collected, didn't let me ego get in the way of club selection and made some awesome shots/putts. Man I love golf!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I played well today getting 82 (40/42) chipped in twice on the back nine for birdie and par. Drives were solid with some of my irons going off track a wee bit.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Been playing quite a bit of golf the past few weeks Seem to be stuck in this 75-78 range (except for a 73 on 5/5/09) and cannot string together 18 solid holes. I was -1 through 11 yesterday and ended up with a 75. Getting closer though...

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Hit 100 (49-51) on a par 72, 6580y, 71.2/117 course. Warm weather with 20 mph winds..

Good news is that I hit 6/14 fairways and had good distance with my driver. Bad news is that I hit only 1/18 GIR and my short game was nothing short of HORRID. 2/12 U/D and 4 three-putts.

Was doing great until hole 6 where I hit an 8I 165+ yards (20y over expected), overshot the green and ended up taking two penalties because the ball was nowhere to be found. After that quadruple my game went to hell. For some reason I started pull-hooking my hybrids while I fade all my other clubs. This cost me at least 6 shots. I am thinking hard about taking them out of the bag next round.

Greens were in awful condition, but that should not be an excuse. Though it is tough to swallow when you chip straight at the pin and the ball takes a 20 degree right turn on its first bounce and ends up 10 feet from the hole.

6/14 FHit, 1/18 GIR, 38 putts...

40 on the back nine of my local muni

Didn't putt terribly well, but had some good approach shots despite the gusty wind.

Totally nutted an 8 iron from 150 to 6 feet on 18. (sweet)

Made me realize i need to be more judicious with my use of a 60* wedge. (couple of flubs)

In my Navy Hoofer:
Driver: Titleist 909D2 9.5* UST ProForce V2 X-stiff
3W: 904F 15* DG X100
Hybrid: X-Hybrid 3i Fujikura Banzai Stiff
Irons: MP-57 X200 3-PW

Wedges: Gauge Design Handmade 54* and 60*

Putter: SSB LKG Custom "Masters Edition"

Ball: Penta, Pro-v1x

Other: Pinseeker 1500 Tournament

worst round of the year...102! Ugh, at least I got to use my Skycaddie for the first time...

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

83.. 40 on the front .. 43 on the back

Considering new Woods what you think ?

Driver launcher 10.5
Irons Cg gold 5-10
Hybrids R7 cgb max Wedges CG12Putter Newport 2 mid slantBalls Nxt extremeConsidering new Woods what you think ?

nine holes-- 42, couldn't hit a green. actually chipped very well. it could have been much worse.
Bag: Three Five Yellow
Driver: 905R 9.5 Degree, Fujikawa Shaft Shift
3-Wood: Sumo2 15 degree
Hybrids 19 and 21 degree
Irons tour x-20 (5-PW)Wedges vokey 52.08,56.14, 60.04Putter circa 62 #1: Pro V1Where I usually play: Rush Creek

Shot a 91 at City Club Marietta, the longest 5700 yards in golf. Steady golf all day until consecutive snowmen at 14 and 15 killed my good vibe. Still, first sub-100 round at a non-executive course all year, and I'll get to keep my low-20 handicap once it updates next week.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

shot a 79 today... score looks really good... play didnt feel good... weird...
bombing driver all round except for 18 which i duffed...
hybrids failed me again... scramble fest... chipping was excellent... putting was easy since mostly everything was pretty close... greens were wet and super slow... fairways were pretty soft and mushy... few mud spots here and there... i was really surprised at the score... unless i miscalculated... but ill take it
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Shot an 88(43/45)

Front 9- Couldn't hit anything straight, a lot of good chips and putts saved, as i only putted 14 times on the front 9

Back 9- Straightened everything else and began to strike the ball solid... but putting disappeared and three putted three times on the back 9 with 21 putts total

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP