IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played in my first VSGA event today and shot my best score to date 87. I wasn't sure what to expect in a tournament setting but it was a lot of fun and I think it helped me focus more. The other guys in my foursome were lower handicaps so that helped as well.

After a heavy rainstorm in Charlotte yesterday, I still decided to go out for 9 with a buddy. I ended up shooting a 44 without even warming up. What I was most proud of was my response to my "blow-up" hole. I carded an 8 on the 4th hole and finished with four pars and one bogey.

I played 18 straight today and finally broke 100! I shot a 98, with about three holes I got par. Had some chances at birdie but I have no confidence in my putter... Thinking I need to upgrade from my old Rawlings POS putter... haha. If I could have finished as strongly as I started I may have been able to get closer to 90 or a little below... Oh well, I guess I will see what tomorrow brings to see if I can get another round in.

So first time out playing, well seriously playing anyway, and I shot a 70... on 9 holes

My cousin, who I went with, said that it was pretty good for my first time out. What's more important was that I had a blast.. even tough I clearly suck

I have to say I didn't expect to use my wedge as much as I did!

42 for 9. Couldn't putt to save my life. Need to work on that flat stick!!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

96 yesterday, at least it was the best I've scored on this particular course (Stevinson Ranch). Absolutely DREADFUL putting, 41 total putts. Had several 3-putts after a GIR. Ridiculous. Also, only hit 1/11 fairways with driver. Been battling a push lately, really need to figure it out. After undergoing a swing change this past month, had 7 GIRs, most ever. Overall I'm happy with my improvements, just need to work on the flat stick BIG TIME.

96, net 76, 3 over par.

I was very pleased however with one thing, that I played all 18 holes with the same ball. Which happened to be an 07-model Pro V1, which are very soft. Never done this before, especially not on this course, which is sloped to 149.

My driver was straight, but not long (220-ish)
My irons was erratic, missing most greens
My short game was erratic
My putting was OK/good

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades