IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Yesterday, i shot 98!, i haven't played in about 2 months and yesterday was my first time playing again and i normally shoot in the mid-high 80s. I hate taking a break from golf!

Driver:  R9 SuperTri 10.5*

Fairway:  R7 3wood 13*

Hybrid:  Super Hybrid 17*

Irons: CG Reds

Wedges: Vr 52* 56* 

Putter: Studio Select Newport 2.5 midslant

Ball: e6

Shot a 43 (on 9) yesterday! That is excellent for me. Started out well with a par, bogey, birdie, then I kinda blew up for a triple. Four bogies in a row, including a couple heartbreakers close to the cup, and ended the round with a par. Both pars were the par 5s, and the birdie was an excellent tee shot onto a par 3 that left me with only about a seven inch putt.

Felt like a pretty good round for me! :)

Even par.  My game could've gone low today, but the greens were cow pastures.  Missed 3x  4-footers for birdie, one 6-footer for birdie, and 3-putted from 20 feet, all good putts.  Hit 80% fairways, 80% greens, average first putt distance was 10 and a half feet.  Carried the round pretty far at a red number, made 1 mistake off the tee that cost me a stroke....

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

shot 38 for nine today....struck the ball very well bet left a couple out there from bad course management decisions

In the bag:
G-15 9 degree with Proforce V2
Ping Anser V-2
MP-52 3-PW, JPX-800 Pros 3-PW
52-08, 56-11 Vokeys G-15 15.5 3W G-10 5W

shot 75 from the tips this evening on a par 72 links-style course that i've only played maybe a dozen full rounds on.  my previous best score had been 80 from the white tees, so i'm pretty pleased with myself going 5 strokes better from the blacks, which measures about 7030 yards long.  got my handicap down almost a full point with today's score (from 7.0 to 6.2).  :)

I shot a smooth 82. Not really that bad considering I was 8 over after 6. But played 2 other guys $5,$5,$5 with 2 down autos. Ended up loosing about $80. Could have been a lot worse if I didn't get my head in the game. Ended up shooting 37 on the back. Thank goodness tomorrow is another day.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

not too well today, felt like i made good contact but direction was terrible.  This is the hardest sport i have ever played, but i have the bug.......  :)

hit a good drive, then fat, or thin, or hit the ball great and fly over the green.....  chips were short all day, just wasnt confident about them at all.  Lost more balls today than i can remember in a while.  Course wasnt in great shape and the rough gobbled your ball up for keeps.  Smoked a few balls in the trees off the tee left, sliced a few in the woods to the right, it was all over today.

Bright side.  chipped in for PAR, lol, from 10 ft off the green.  Made a 20ft putt to save par again, it just wasnt a day that was going my way.  Felt like even though i sprayed it around, i was making better contact on the shots that were not chips, meaning no bad vibrations and left that pretty green mark in the center of the face.  For me, thats improvement.  Seeing it more and more and am having to adjust clubs for longer and longer distances.....  getting better, but A LONG WAY TO GO.......  so much to work on, glad i have about 50 more years of improvement, im going to need it, lol

anybody else in my boat?????  LOL

Went 45-40 today for an 85(+15). Three putt the 18th for bogey. Had I two putt I would've had a 39...ugh!

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

• Administrator

Shot E on the back nine at Whispering Woods.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 over on home course (white tees though). Had great success with a new i15 driver. I read/was told these have a fade bias. Straight as an arrow for me. Maybe a hint of draw.

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Shot a horrible 101 (56/45) - finished stronger than expected since the heat seemed to drain us. Struggled getting out of the gate and my slight distance gain has put me into a few more green side bunkers (which were not kind to me today)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

8 under par 62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a scramble lol. I did hit some great shots today though.

:whistle:

Last two weeks.. at 4 different courses.. I recorded a 73, 73, 72 and 73.... I know.. What's up with the 73s?   I'm already placing bets that I'll shoot 73 again this coming week at a different course..  I belong to a traveling league that hits new courses each week, and we never repeat the entire year..

84. Stunk up the course.

Tweaked my back loading the bag and stuff in the jeep, took a prescription pain pill and muscle relaxer and made it to the course before they kicked in.

Good thing I was walking and not driving a golf cart. Probably would have hurt myself or someone else.

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.