IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Runied what should have been my best 9 hole score. Shot a 43(+7). Started off absolutely on FIRE. Par'd #10, Bogied #11(3-putt), Birdied #12, Par'd #13(lipped out birdie putt), Par'd #14(lipped out birdie putt), Doubled #15(3-putt), Doubled #16, Bogied #17(had to get up and down just to bogey it and I did), and Doubled #18(3-putt). Should've at least threatened par and I walk away with a freaking 43. Can't believe how poorly I played down the stretch. After #14 I just flat out lost it.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Tied my personal best with a 79 today.  Been playing for 4 months now.  I try to get out a couple times a week at my home course.  I've been self-taught on my swing.  Still learning to control the driver though, my irons have been saving me.  Today my putter was on fire too!  It was awesome.  Had 12 puts on the front nine, but 18 on the back nine.  Finished +2 on the front, and +5 on the back (damn lost balls!).

I'm happy with the progress I've made in such a short time, especially being self-taught. I figured out my handicap today too, down to a 10.7.  I'm going to make an appointment at Golftec next week to get a swing evaluation and get fitted for clubs.

It's going to be a loooooonnnngg winter up here.

Today was great! Now, when I say that my score was an 84 most people would wonder how I could say that today was great but when I add the fact that this is my 2nd time playing I hope it sways your mind in the direction mine has been in all day.

I first played 5 days ago after my girlfriend finally convinced me I would have a great time. She was more than right so yesterday I dropped $500 on my first set of clubs. As a 23 year old who has been on his own financially since he was 16 this meant I was making a big commitment to the game and thats exactly what I want to do. My wisdom teeth were pulled the day after my first round so I was anxiously awaiting the day I could get back on a course to play. I spent those 5 days watching the golf channel very enthusiastically taking in everything I could. It paid off today.

I played Lions Municipal Golf Course in Austin, TX. A 6001 yrd par 71 with a slope rating of 114. I believe this is a short course in todays standards? I'm not too sure. I was struggling with my drives slicing my first go round so I watched about 50 youtube videos to see if i could find out what i was doing wrong. It turns out trying to swing a golf club the same way you have swung a baseball bat for 16 years is not the way to go. Today my drives were on point. I slowed my swing some and focused on mechanics trying to work on placement. It turns out that you have dont have to swing extremely hard everytime to get your drive to travel a good distance if your mechanics aren't horrible. my drives were consistently between 200-225 yrds.

My irons were on point as well. I had saw some shows on golf channel about opening the club face and how to actually use irons and it paid off too. If I was within 150 yrds of the green on the fairway, i consistently was within 15 feet of the hole on the next shot.

I birdied twice. the first was on the very first hole. a par 4 with a 45 degree turn to the right. my drive went right where i wanted it to go and my 8 iron allowed me to lay it up 6 feet from the hole. the putt was on level ground so there wasnt any reading the green which made it easier since im so new.

the 2nd was on a par 3, 180 yrds over a pond. i used my 6 iron. idk if this is what most people would use but it worked great for me. it landed about 15 feet behind the hole and i somehow managed to put some back spin on the ball and it roled 3 feet to the left of the hole. the grounds keeper even told me it was a great shot. i was very happy at this point because i was playing as well as i hoped i would all day and it has only made me want to play more. I'm on vacation from work right now so i'll be back out bright and early tomorrow morning.

Cant wait.

Grrrrrr....  Going through a pretty bad stretch.  I think the heat is getting to me a bit.  Supposed to be 109 this weekend.  I played 9 at lunch and had 2 four putts, and 3 three putts and only 1 birdie, and it was a 1-foot putt.  The putting stroke feels fine, I just can't seem to concentrate on how hard I need to hit the ball.  Ballstriking seems fine, but a little off too for some reason.  Carried 5-wood 245 over water, hit one drive 320 total according to google earth, so I still have some distance.  Zero wind today, so it should be time to score....  Chip shots are hitting and bouncing directly to the left on the first bounce, so I must be putting too much sidespin on them.  Maybe in a month or so.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Golf is GREAT!!!!

I must have rolled off the wrong side of the bed on Sunday....I was +8 through the first five holes!!  OUCH............. wtf??  Every hole was a disaster..........then I settled down and played the final 13 holes at +3 for an 83.

I finished strong on sunday and the good play continued yesterday........I was on cruise control......a smoooth  even par 72!! yea, I made a few bogeys and a double too, but those 5 birdies really helped!!!  All is good!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

The other day I started slicing again and played recovery mode all day from the tee-box. I haven't sliced in so long and it randomly just crept up on me. My buddies watching me swing say they see absolutely no difference except maybe a little extra weight-shift towards impact.

Then, I pick up my buddies "Nickent 4DX Evolver" driver and I blast my last two drives dead center with almost a slight draw flight.... I was totally confused after this. I'm almost half tempted to pick up a new driver soon... maybe even this Nickent driver that I tried of his.

I ended up shooting 84 Friday, 85 Saturday, and 82 Monday. It was a reallly, realllllllly, really tough weekend for me lol. I swear if I was sponsored I would of whipped the club in the lake just to de-stress - even though I'm entirely aware that the slice was obviously all me and not my driver. Can't do that when it costs you your own $ though.

I shot a 75 today on a tough course (7024yds, 74.5/142 slope). I felt like I was in control of the golf ball today. When I wanted a draw, it came around. When I wanted to hit it high, it elevated and rode the wind. I only hit 6 GIR's but made up for it with a hot putter (only 24 putts today). Just a quality round. Today was a good day...

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

Shot a 86 yesterday and lowered my hcp to 12,7. Shot a great first 9 exept for the ninth hole that i doubled, first shot was out of bounds, and then an alright performance on the last 9.

Driver: Ping i15, 3 Wood: Ping i15, Irons: Mizuno MP-53, Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11, Cleveland CG15, Putter: Ping iN Anser V2

Back to back 84's (same course) this past weekend, and back to 81's the week before (different courses). I feel like my game is finally coming back, I've gone from consistantly shooting around 90 to now in the low 80's and I'll be trying to break into the 70's in the next few rounds.

Got cocky today after posting my BEST score ever on Fri...78, 41/37 (from the old man tees), then on TUE i moved back to the White tees, and rolled a 42/40..today, head couldn't fit in my cap proper and went 41/49, old man tees!  Talk about get'n yer feet back on the ground.

87 (47/40) today. My last 3 rounds now have seen 40 on the back nine but lousy front nines. Not sure what to make of that, really. If anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Had my lowest nine hole score so far, 34 on the back after a leaky 40 on the front. Three birdies and one bogey (which was a friggin' three putt). 100% fairways, 7 GIRs. Easy game when it clicks!

Bonus, won the men's comp and the prize was a proper Springbok jersey -- which go for about R1,800 ($250) -- so I'm all set for the World Cup.

B975399698.jpg

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ive just got back from a round this morning 7am tee spot. Its the only way at my club here in the UK. Anyways me and my buddy played stapleford and shot 95. Lost the game on that score but hey, we are in this game for the fresh air and enjoyment

Ugh, 84... Double on 16, double on 18

RBZ 9.5 Stiff

R11 14.0 Stiff

Superfast 18.0 3 hybrid Stiff

MP-52 4-PW - Stiff, full cord Golf Pride grips

Studio Select, Newport 2.5

ProV1x #5-8

6 over today. Had to play a refurbished set of ISI nickels I got Friday night via UPS. No practice, just threw them in the bag. Nice sticks!

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

10 over 81,

Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Triple, Par, Birdie, Bogey, Par, Par, Par, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par, Par

Putts: 32

Three putts: 2

FIR: 7

GIR: 8

Pretty good round, if i didn't discount the wind on the par 3, i would have had been at least 7 over instead of 10, damn pond

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Taking a couple of weeks off or so to let the heat die down and do some drills..  Hit the range last weekend and knocked a few out of the park...literally, and not always straight.  I did play 18 on a short par-3 course this weekend and shot +1 before laying off.  I figure that's pretty decent since almost every shot is a half-wedge, which unless it's /emoticons/c2_beer.gif">

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing