IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had an 83 with an 8 on the 7th it was my first full 18 with my new i20's i cant believe the forgivness on these things its amazing.  Shots off the toe still go straight with minimal distance loss.  Golf is so much more fun playing from the fairway !!

another day of 15-25 mph winds with 30-35 mph gusts.. This is three weeks in a row now on mondays..

Shot a +12 (48)

birdies: 1

Pars: 1

Bogeys: 2

Doubles: 2

Triples: 2

One Lost ball on the first hole, the wind got a hold of it and took it OB left.. Then it was just struggling around the course, i just couldn't get comfortable..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot some pigeons out of the rafters with a water hose. Yes that does mean my golf game isn't yet worth talking about.

:whistle:

38 on par 35 front 9, and a 38 on par 36 back nine for a new low score of 76 today (par 71).  Like I said earlier, its an easy 33.9/102 front 34/108 back, but this is still the best I have ever played there.  My driver was nothing but a banana peeler on most drives today for some reason, but my irons have never been hotter, and easily put me back in excellent shape.  Pulling the distance from the GPS for each shot is proving its worth, as my guessing has been anywhere from 50 to 75 yards off on fairway shots.  I have never nailed so many greens before.  Going back out tomorrow, hopefully I can hold this line.....

+8 today, as I played 2 consecutive 9's, back to back (so, only par 70).  My tool for the R9/R11 came this morning, so I put the F3 x-stiff from the 3 wood into the SuperTri, WOW, what a difference!   Obviously, I can't keep it in there, as it would render my 3 wood useless because the R9 shaft is +1 in length, but I think I might have to scout e-bay for a second F3 now, ha ha!

Not today, but my last time out, I played Dos Lagos GC in Corona, CA... Shot an 84 with a terrible front-nine, lol. I must have lost 6 balls over the course of the day. Plus a couple of shots thrown away here and there. Missed several good birdie chances...

The back-nine treated me a bit better... I was right around even on the back up until the 16th hole. The final few holes at Dos Lagos are really difficult, but just as equally spectacular... Lots of elevation changes and heavy winds to deal with being that they ride along the side of the mountain that the rest of the course surrounds. The course is in fair condition... not great, but still enjoyable. A couple of greens are in rougher shape, but overall, decent.

Probably going back to play it again this weekend... Fun course.

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

82. Tough course. 135 Slope - but the back nine we got strong winds.

Fixed my driver at a 4 hour range session Saturday, then went out Sunday and hit 10 fairways which is high for me - hit 10 greens too.

Parred the first 4 holes - 2 of them good birdie chances I left an inch from the cup. Made some good puts but somehow ended up with 36 total - did not feel like it. Had three 3 putts - 2 of them leading to double bogies - ARGH

Struggled on the par 3's. Off for 4 days tomorrow for a tournament - feeling in good form! The 70's are around the corner.

http://fairwayfiles.com/score_details.php?pscore_id=1835630

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

An exciting 43 on the front 9 of the hardest course I play somewhat regularly.  I had one birdie via a 30ft putt, 3 pars, 2 bogeys, and 3 double bogeys.  4 GIR which is the best I've done this year.  The double bogeys were easy to fix mistakes, so I was pretty excited overall with my game.

36/41 for a 77 +5  course is 72 and 131 at 6500 yards

bogey on 1 and 2, par on 3-7, birdie on 8 and 9. great front.

the problem is i was +1 after 15 and finished bogey, double and bogey...damn it.

all in all it was great round and new low so i was pretty damn happy!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I shot a 48 on the front nine today of a 67.2/116 local course.  It's only the second time I've ever been on a "real" course and the first time I've played this year so I was happy with it.

I've been hitting the driving range a lot lately but still need to improve my ball striking, plus my putting is awful. Hoping to break 90 for 18 by the end of summer.

Love the forum here and reading all your golfing stories/tips/scores/interests/etc.

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five." - Paul Harvey

Played my new home course today.  6700yds, 137 slope, 72.9 course.  Its a fun course to play, but I have holes that I have grudges against. Shot my best round of the year so far though, a 78.  I had been hovering in low 80's past couple rounds.  I finally figured out what my problem was, had a really open stance, unintentionally, restricting my back swing.  I also did the pumping drill to help turn my wrists over.  And whadyaknow, I got a little baby draw throughout my round today.  It was nice, except the extremely wet conditions which could have added a couple strokes, especially around putting.  But, overall a good day!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Decided to play 2 rounds today, shot an 85 the first round, and a new low score of 82! Almost to the 70's. Everything feels so much better than it did when I was in my 3 to 4 round slump. Hopefully i can keep this momentum going and break into the 70's which was my goal for this year.

Made it out for the first time this year, but I bought a net this winter and have been really practicing hitting balls into it almost everyday.  My swing feels more natural and it showed on the course today I shot a personal best 83 today.  Man it feels good to hit the ball solid.

Shot an abysmal 80 (43-37) on my home course (70.9, 126).  I have been working on a couple of swing related things, and I am still really battling to stay consistent.  Struggling to get the ball in play from the tee, so several sideways second shots to get back to playable.  Summed the day up on 18, a 495-yd Par 5 (which was playing down wind today), hit the best drive of the day, had 177 to the flag for my second shot (over water), played conservatively (hit the 185 yd club to make sure to carry the hazard), left myself 30 feet coming down the hill for eagle...and 3 jacked it (yanked second putt from 3.5 feet).

The golf posture (rounded shoulders, flat lower back) and maintaining my spine angle were the two things that came together on the back nine.  Oh yeah, and my putting is atrocious.  That is all.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Shot a 42 (+6)

Pars: 3

Bogeys: 5

Doubles: 1

Putts: 16

Overall a decent day, one big whole got me, short game bit me today. Other than that, my swing is starting to get into a groove, confidence is building

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I shot a 40 on the back nine yesterday evening with a double bogey (bad drive, deep rough, good recovery, bad wedge, blah blah blah) and 3-4 missed putts within 10 feet.

I haven't been playing much the last six months, but I started again a couple of weeks ago.  I found and read with great interest the postings here about proper posture and in the last couple days I have seen a phenomenal improvement.  Off the tee is better: good drives have become great drives and bad drives are now playable.

The truly startling thing has been my iron play.  I am hitting irons better than I ever have: 7 out of 9 approach shots were dead on the pin.  I can't quite explain it, but I feel so much more relaxed, and every iron shot is crisp and true, with a slight draw and a nice high trajectory.  The swing is so smooth and the ball is just jumping off the face, even out of the rough.  Even my short pitch and wedge shots are going straight at the pin (I usually pull them).  I'm still working out the distances, when I get them down this could prove to be a very promising season.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

Lots of silly errors cost me a decent score.

3 putt on the second, poor hybrid from the rough on 3, two bunker shots on the par 3, duffed 5 wood on 5, wayward pitch on 6, hit a tree on 7, 3 putt on 8, pitch into bunker on 10, you get the picture.

Tomorrow will be better. Just let it happen, we all have good days and bad.

Ouch, today is not the day i expected to have. But, my first post on this thread is an unfortunate one.

I shot 114. I had a lot of issues with my driver. My buddy was saying I was hitting it like I do my long irons. Anyways, by the end of the day I figured it out, but I was so tired and frustrated it did not help. Very bad day, but a few good holes and some excellent shots to work from.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design