IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Santa Anita Blues. . .

Front 9: 42 (My lowest score yet, despite having shorter drives.)

Did not have a driver today, the glue came loose in the hosel. It makes a squeaky sound when I turn the shaft in the hosel.

Drove the par 4s and 5s with my 3W, and made much more use of my 6i today.

Played front 9 only, because my partner decided to leave early and I left to fix my driver. It was a really long day anyway, almost 18 minutes per hole. Going to have to go to Brookside course 1 or San Dimas Canyon next time.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 18 today n shot 92. 3 putted thrice, which is unusual. Also one out of bounds yet I was hitting all but 2 drives in the short stuff and even though low fifties feeling like forties with wind going 15 when slow and only 2 holes with the wind averaged 260 yds on drives with couple 280 yds. Amazing how much it helps to try an keep forearms close!!! Now just need to make that a permant part to my swing.

45-44 89 at the Champions Club at the Retreat. 9 penalty strokes and 2 3 putts. haha lots and lots of red stake.

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

I had a round today that is example of a problem that I have and I'm looking for suggestions.

The problem:  good front nine (43) and bad back nine (50).

This happens quite often.  The opposite hardly happens (bad front nine; good front nine).

My current hypothesis is that I either get over-confident and lose focus on the back nine, or I get tired and lose focus.  My main source of increased scores on the back nine is making bad contact with the ball.

When I competed in tennis tournaments, I was always able to regain focus.  I can't seem to do it in golf.  Any suggestions, other than to get in better shape to eliminate tiredness as a cause?

I had a round today that is example of a problem that I have and I'm looking for suggestions.

The problem:  good front nine (43) and bad back nine (50).

This happens quite often.  The opposite hardly happens (bad front nine; good front nine).

My current hypothesis is that I either get over-confident and lose focus on the back nine, or I get tired and lose focus.  My main source of increased scores on the back nine is making bad contact with the ball.

When I competed in tennis tournaments, I was always able to regain focus.  I can't seem to do it in golf.  Any suggestions, other than to get in better shape to eliminate tiredness as a cause?

i had this exact problem. i stopped keeping track of score in my head so i wouldn't know how well or bad i am doing. this has helped me a lot. when i start off well i get excited and speed up and therefore have worse contact, usually slice or toe hit. maybe try to not think about score or what hole you are on and just focus on one shot at a time. good luck out there

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Kyle--thank you for what you wrote.  It triggered a thought in my mind as I read it.  I know enough from competing in tennis and volleyball tournaments to focus on the point at hand and not possible match outcomes, or one shot at a time.  I think I'm letting other thoughts creep into my mind.  The thought that came to my mind is that maybe I'm like the proverbial "front runner," the horse that runs freely at the start of the race when he gets out in front, but begins to tense up toward the end when the horses begin to bunch up, and he can't run freely.  Something to think about.

46 on front 9

49 on back 9

For a round of 95

I had an 8 on a par 4 on front 9 and a 9 on a par 5 on back 9...as well as a 6 on a par 3 (first shot in water). Thats +11 for 3 blow up holes!! I cant stop thinking, if I had even just double bogeyed two of those holes and bogeyed the other - I would have reached my goal of breaking 90...a goal which is an unhealthy obsession at this point! lol

Haven't got out much lately because of the weather but we played today even though it was a little cold, wet, and windy.

Shot a 74 on a par 71 with even par on the front nine and 3 over on the back. Went about like I expected. Hit the driver very well, fairway woods great, and blew easy approach shots from 100 to 150 yards way too many times, especially on the back nine.

81 to start the new year off. rate 72 slope 138 indexed 7.4  1 birdie 7 pars 10 bogies

I had to play the front 9 twice in order to get 18 in because the course was packed on the back 9.

I somehow managed a 41 on the first 9 besides losing 2 balls and netted birdie on my provisionals. my putting stroke was on with a new method I'm trying and so far so good drained 3 putts of 25'+.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Couple of days late. Ended 2013 with a 43 on the 31st. Was there early enough to play 18 but it was very windy and it slowed things down. It destroyed the groups in front of us. Certainly not my best score but I played well given the conditions. The gusts were strong enough that a few times I started my tee shot so far left or right that on a calm day it would have ended up 70 yards away from the fairway and most blew back into the fairway. Unfortunately every on the front plays either north or south and the wind was hard out of the west.  Learned that I am better riding the wind than trying to hold balls against it. Though I watched it blow one ball more than 100 yds off course property from an elevated tee on a par 5.

Dave :-)

Shot a 45-48-93 yesterday in perfect weather, little or no wind at Waialae CC with the rough getting up there for the Sony. Today I shot a 39-42-81 at the same club with wind. (9 pars, 1 birdie). A net 64! SandbaggerOne can't explain it. My handicap index went up to 14.7 and course handicap a 17 on January 1st...I guess I really am a Sandbagger! I'll have to register on sandbaggeranonymous.com again.

Home course.  6610 yards.  71.1/121.

78 with a double and 3 birdie lip-outs.  Got my ass handed to me by my 4 hcp buddy who shot 74 with a silly double.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

38  par 36 rated 36 slope 138 indexed 1.6

3 birdies 2 pars 3 bogies 1 double

Was 2 under through first 5 holes with 3 birdies and 1 bogie and had a misclub on #6 put me in a greenside bunker and I put the 4th shot over and couldn't convert the up and down, then bogeyed the tough par 3 7tth, and bogeyed #8. Man is putting coming on though, I feel that the first 5 holes is giving me a glimpse into what is getting ready to happen, I really think I'm going to get below 4 in the next 4 months I just feel like some low rounds are on the horizon if I can keep my swing controlled and I think I'm close with that as well, tempo seems to make the biggest difference for ball striking so if I can keep my swing thoughts that simple then I think I may be on my way soon

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

heres how i did today at Oak Valley 6372 Yards 71.0/131

Score - 86

FIR - 8

GIR - 5

Putts - 31

Penalty Strokes - 2

1 - Triple Bogey

3 - Double Bogeys

7 - Bogeys

5 - Pars

2 - Birdies

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Shot a 46-41-87 yesterday. 72.1/131. A lot of wind. Opposite direction from Thursday round. Rough high for Sony. Ball drops deep and never sits up. I'm definitely not unhappy. Missed a 5ft birdie putt on 10. (The 1st during the Sony). Index now 14.7 Hdcp 17. "Rough" day for Sandy.

Only played 9 cause the dog got sick,

40      par 36  rate 36 slope 138

5 pars

4 bogeys

18 putts

6 gir

6 frwy

Drove the ball like I used to how refreshing it feels, however I missed 5 birdie putts longest 25' shortest 8' one area that is starting to show signs of life is the irons I'm now more able to get after my approaches with some crisp contact on approaches longest approach on green was 185 and shortest was 70,between what Mike has helped me with and a few tips from some of the + index players at my home I think this may be a good year. However tomorrow unless I shoot 77 or lower my index may bump up a little more, I really don't mind if it goes up to 5.3 because then I'll have a 7 hdcp at my course.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW