IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I've been playing so poorly that I haven't even posted in this thread for a long while......just too dejected, with only 6 rounds under 80 in my last 20.

A little bit of a resurgence this past week though, so I'll temp the ire of the golf gods and mention my last 2 rounds with ALL DUE HUMILITY.....

Friday:  Par 72, 6511 yds, 71.1/121.   75 with a double and a missed 20 inch putt.  Hit 11 greens and had 4 birdies.  Woulda/coulda/shoulda....

Really felt good to strike the ball well, but it was so out of recent character that I was a little concerned about how badly I could blow it up on my next round Sunday.  Played the same course......76 with another silly double.  Only hit 7 greens, but was on or next to the fringe on 6 more and scrambled well.

2 solid rounds in a row.  Who'da thunk?  Gonna be interesting to see what this next week brings.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I only got in 6 holes Sunday before calling it a day. Course was slow and I was surrounded by fearful singles and twosomes trying to keep their distance in an effort to no pair up. It was 5:40 as I waited on 7 tee behind a foursome, a twosome, another twosome and there were two groups playing the hole. No way I would have finished by sunset. We're getting orange light with the sun behind the Rockies at 7:45. Anyway I made a double on a par 3, third in two days, and a bogey on the next par 3 so +3 through 6 holes. Par 3's are killing me lately. Just put in my stats for the previous round. Par or better on every par 4, all my bogey or worse scores on the 3's and 5's.

Dave :-)

98 @ Riverbend Links in Tunica. Driving was horiffic. Usually I'm straight off the tee with terrible putting. Not this time. Average 2 putts a hole with 36 putts total...I'm happy with that at least. Also should add it was windiest conditions I've ever played with storms brewing in the distance.

David

42-44=86 @ River Forest. Y esterday I had 3 birdies, today I had 3 doubles. Ah-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h!

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Shot 81 at one of my home courses today (74.4/138).  Not overly disappointed considering I'm in the beginning stages of a major swing overhaul right now, as such I hit about 4 or 5 really solid shots all day, gotta start somewhere I suppose.  It actually had the chance to be a half decent score, but I was burning the edges with the flat stick all day as well

shot a 45 on a 9 hole this evening golfing with my wife and the inlaws. I normally wouldn't be upset over this score but my putting and short chips/bump n runs were just terrible. Although my drives and irons have been straighter then ever so I really can't be upset. usually I'm in the high 90's low 100's so 45 over 9 isn't too shabby for me.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

79! :dance:

That's a good score for me. And on any course other than my local muni, I would have shot in the 90s.  Only hit 4 fairways.

96 on probably the hardest course I've ever played (Woodington Lake - Legend course if you're wondering (par 72/7015yards 75CR/147slope). This course is tough on it's own, and I wasn't swinging the clubs too good today. My friend also convinced me to hit from the back tees too which didn't help either.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

BACK again esp with the short 5 ft and inside putts, missing them left of the hole

105 pn a par 72 with ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait for it ........................................................................................... 58 Putts

YES you read it correct 58 !!!!! my 8 yr old who picked up a club 3 months back can do better ......................... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

44 with a freakin' 10 on the card. I am soooo close to playing respectable golf but just can't avoid the blow-up. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Played the front 10 holes twice this morning as that was what was least busy. Shoot a 48 and a 46. Hitting the driver really really well and pretty far today. Irons were horrible again, more than a few tops but still think i'm on the right track. Only hit 3 greens in 20 holes which just isn't good enough to play to the handicap i want

Henry

43 on the front last night. Was really windy and it led to some weird happenings, all 7 strokes over came on 4 holes. I really played decent despite the score and it's not a mile high for me or anything. Was a time anything sub 44 felt like a victory. Important lesson learned. I need to learn how to hit a stinger.

Dave :-)

I shot a 46 in my league match today. My partner and I won 2&1. We went up 3 after 4 holes, then our opponents made a bit of a comeback. But we were up 1 through 7 and won 8 to clinch it.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Very disappointed with the 50-53 103 I shot today. I made a twenty-footer for par on the first hole, and that was the only par I made through the entire round. I had plenty of doubles and triples though - and those are the roundkillers. You can only have so many of them and still make a decent score.