IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played my second round ever yesterday out at Valley Pine Country Club in Lasker, NC. White tees, 5696 yards rating 66.5. Improved by 17 strokes to shoot a 138 this time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the range twice this week, only once, and I didn't get my lesson in either. I'll have to do both this week. Still, the one time I did hit a medium bucket at the range seems to have paid off big time, as the main thing my 17 strokes got shaved off by was keeping my drives in the fairway for the most part. My distance is still pitiful (solid connection with the ball produces ~180 yards) but I'm sure that will improve when I get driving lessons. (The only lesson I've had was 15 minutes of instruction on swinging a 7 iron properly.) Still love this game.

Brookside Course 1 Blues (6700 yards 72.7/130): 88 (43/45)

5 doubles, 6 bogeys, 7 par, 11 fairways, 4 greens, 34 putts. Par5 +1, Par 4 +9, Par 3 +6.

My swing is coming back, it's starting to look a lot better. My ball striking is kind of lackluster, but since my drives were longer it was okay.

They should make quad copters illegal over golf courses. Someone was hovering one over one of the doubles.

Good for my handicap that I didn't score during my really terrible round phase (They were mostly practice rounds until last Friday and Sunday). Amazed that I shot to my handicap today as I was still working out my swing.

I'll just wait till my lesson to get videos.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

39-41=80. I have been working on the One Plane swing all year, and refining a move to release my right wrist earlier. If I don't release my hips first, I can hit a swooping hook. I did that throughout the round, but was just +4 after 16. Finished double double for an 80 after hitting several large hooks on the last two holes!

Shot 55 over 11 holes yesterday at Falls Road Golf Course in Potomac, MD.  I was 10 over for the front, which is pretty good for me.

When I got to the first tee, a couple young guys in a cart asked if they could tee off ahead of me.  They had already played 9 and decided to replay the front since the groups in front of them were slow.  They must have figured they'd be much faster than me, a short, fat middle aged guy carrying my clubs.  I let them go.

On the first tee one guy crushed a hybrid, farther than I would hit a 3 wood, but it went into a bunker on the right.  The other guy crushed a 4 iron, but it went way left OB into the driving range.  It's a narrow hole, so anything over 200 yards is just asking for trouble.

It goes like that the rest of the round, them crushing the ball all over God's creation.  Me and my plunking the ball down the middle waiting on every tee box for them.  On a couple par 3s the iron hitting guy shanked his balls 30 degrees right.  My 8 iron was in the middle of the green while his sand wedge (probably) almost reached another fairway.

The pace didn't really bother me, since they were waiting on the group ahead, but I found it amusing.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

I was +3 for 16 holes before darkness hit. 38 on the front. 1 bogey, 1 birdie 1 double. 7 birdie putts, 1 made. I was +1 for 7 holes on the back. 1 bogey. 5 birdie putts, 0 made. Working on my putting. It's getting better but I just can't roll them in. High, low and a few just short. Playing on the 26th.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I need to qualify this with "I know I'll never putt like this again." 27 putts!

Brookside Course 1 (6700 yards): 80 (42/38)

1 triple, 1 double, 6 bogey, 7 par, 3 birdies. 10 fairways, 5 GIR, 27 putts , Par 3 +3, Par 4 +5, Par 5 E.

I reiterate "I don't think I'll ever score this low again."

The one time I decide to go for it on hole 10, I nail a hybrid about 6 feet from the pin. Then I magically make this 6 footer for the birdie of my life.

Two things changed my swing dramatically: 2 weeks of hard work, and the epiphany I made at lunch yesterday at the store. Keep my neck straight. This freed up my swing to allow me to turn without cranking my head back. Today was probably the best ball striking I ever did. I did hit a few fat/thin shots, but for the most part they did not cost me that much. On hole 7 I hit a thin shot that rolled right to 10 feet of the pin. My drive of the day was on hole 5, where I drove within 30 yards of the green.

I would be perfectly content if I can keep up 32 putts and shoot in the mid-80s under all putting conditions.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

-1 for 9 holes at my home course Crystal Falls GC in Leander.  It included an ace on the par-3 second!  Both of my boys were with me at the time.  It was pretty special and a pretty spectacular shot.  Been throwing darts for a while now, so I was wondering when it would happen.  Dropped 4 inches past the cup and bounced back into it.  My youngest (5 yr) said, "Did you get a birdie?"  I said, "No.  I did even better.  I got an eagle!"  He said, "Oh.  Can we call it a Sea Eagle?"  I said sure, since we just learned about sea eagles. :-$

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

ACE ! Awesome ... congrats !! Especially fun to have your boys with you - great memory

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

It's December 23rd in southwest Pennsylvania, and I was able to sneak out and play 9 holes today. I would have played 18, except my wife had a number of errands for me to do before Christmas. Coming to my 9th hole I had 4 pars and 4 bogies, which is average for me. I kept thinking on the tee how nice it would be to end the year with a par.

Shot 1:  I hit my drive on the left side of the fairway and had 150 yards to the pin. Good start.

Shot 2:  I had a downhill/sidehill lie to an elevated green with overhanging tress on the left side of the fairway and a bunker on the front right of the green. I choked my club, barely cleared the bunker, but rolled over the side of a hill, pin high. Not bad.not good.

Shot 3: I had about 45 feet to the pin with an uphill lie. My concern was that I did not want to hit the ball past the pin, because the next putt would be straight downhill. I hit the approach 7 feet short. Again not good, not bad.

Shot 4: I kept my head steady and stroked a good putt which lipped out. Ah-h-h-h-h-h.

Shot 5: Tap in bogie.

I love this game. :-)

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Skylinks Golf Course in Long Beach, CA 70.3/121, ~6300

Fairways and rough were thin and dead in a lot of areas which worked well with my mid/low-draw driving, giving me a ton of extra distance. Felt like cheating. Also chipped in twice for birdie on the back nine. Just one of those days, I guess. 40+37 = 77.

Congrats @bunkerputt !

Frisch Auf valley country club, La Grange TX 9 hole course 69.3/112 Shot a 63 on 9 holes. Totally bombed the first hole +8, green surrounded by water. Took drowning a couple of balls/strokes to get to the green from the fairway. Really windy day, ironically good with the driver today. Everything else today was lacking.

Got a day in the 50s, so off I went.

Tuesday,

Kittyhawk GC (Eagle Course), Dayton, OH
49-46-95

That's a decent score for me on this course. The big key is avoiding the hazards and with the exception of the detestable No. 8 (The Moat Hole as I call it), I did. No. 8 was my only triple of the day and I put it behind me quickly. Otherwise, it was a lot of productive if not great shots. It was gratifying to hit some irons decently as I've been struggling bitterly with them recently. I've also recommitted to trying to keep calm and maintain some perspective. It was a good step forward.

May get a chance to play Saturday. The weather guessers are saying mid 40s.

Christmas eve and almost 60° in Pittsburgh. I do believe!

Shot 41-38 = 79 @ River Forest CC in Freeport, PA.

Best part was that I teed off at 9:10 am and sunk my last putt for 79 at 11:30 am.  2 hours and 20 minutes walking tied my previous best time. It's a Festivus miracle! No one else started on the course until 11:00, and by that time I was teeing off of #15.

God bless us everyone!

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Played my last golf of 2014 yesterday, weather nasty for at least a week. Had to book one more round to get my 200.00 GN reward. 41-38 for 79. Sloppy on the front. I missed a few greens long and pitching on to the frozen greens sucked. Long game is solid despite not playing much since summer.

Dave :-)

Shoot a 42 today with 18 to 25 + mph winds with temps in the low 50's. Not a soul on the course but me and with the way the wind picked up and temps dropped I called it after 9. Funny though on the 2nd hole with the bucks in rut I had one chase a doe across the fairway and he stopped in just the perfect for my drive to hit it in the head and bounced back about 20 yds.  First time I didn't get frustrated with the ball bouncing backward. And at 7 over with weather and such it was a decent round for me. I've never played on Christmas day before.

45/46=91 at Rolling Oaks at World Woods today.

Played that course a couple of years ago ... some crazy bunkers & split fairways (I recall one bunker  is practically the entire length of a fairway) - first class practice facility too.

Shot a 45,48 at a new course to me (High Bridge in NJ) - would have to say it was one of the toughest courses I've played - very much a links style with fescue galore & a lot of blind tee shots ... no excuses, but its the kind of course where local knowledge would play a major role.  Not real anxious to go back ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"