IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

88 yesterday (6 near-GIR + 4 GIR) and then 89 today (7 near-GIR + 2 GIR; threw a lot away today at the end with four doubles in the final six holes).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

44-38-82

Weird round. Got off to a bad start completely related to the putter through six holes, then figured something out and made everything after that.

Next round will be a qualifier for the Club Championship. I am trying to figure out whether to play up because my sh*tty handicap qualifies me for a flight that I haven't played in over 15 years.

Originally Posted by phan52

I decided to play in the flight I qualify for instead of playing up to the flight I have played in for years. I played very poorly and shot a lousy 91 and didn't expect to qualify. Surprisingly I did as the 7th seed in an 8-man field. Played the #2 seed yesterday and beat him in sudden death after four holes. Tough match. I was three up at one point and then lost four straight to go one down with two to go. Had to win 17 to tie it and we halved 18. He had birdie putts inside 15 feet on the first three playoff holes to win but failed to make any of them. I parred the 238 yard par 3 fourth to close him out. He had to be really frustrated after hitting such great shots and losing but he didn't make a putt all day. Semi-finals next Saturday.

Played the semi-final yesterday and breezed to a 4 and 2 win. I was 2 or 3 up most of the day had him dormie on the 16 tee and hit a great shot on the par three to close the deal.

And today I am the third flight Club Champ after a nail-biting comeback! I was 2 up at the turn, but hit the bogie train while he went 1-under over the next four holes. I was two down with four to go and double crossed myself on the approach of the long par 4, trying to hit a fade on a dogleg right that went dead left. I had a 45 yard shot out of the rough to a narrow green and told my caddie that it was now or never and I had to hit the shot of the day. Well, I did, floating in a 58 degree wedge to two feet. He couldn't get up and down from just off the green and I was one down. Halved the par 3 16th and I almost botched the short par 5 17th when I hit an indifferent second shot that ended up in the right rough. But I hit a great third to about ten feet. He finally blinked and missed the green from 100 yards and I made the putt. Even on the 18th tee. I hit a poor drive and had no shot to the green. He had a shot but mis-clubbed his second shot and left himself short with a difficult pitch over the edge of a bunker to a tight pin. I laid up and hit my third about 20 feet past the pin. He then tried to hit a flop over the bunker and boned it over the green. He ended up with an impossible lie and hit the next one about two feet. Long story short, I two-putted for the win. I went from thinking that I probably didn't even qualify to winning my flight. I need a nap.

• Upvote 1

Bill M

Shot a 40 nine hole practice round prior to tomorrow evenings playoffs. Course in good shape, me not so good. Lost ball cost me off the tee on 7, we could not locate after teeing into low sun. My fault hitting pull over waste area, a no no at this course and for sure tomorrow. Oh, I forgot to mention the beauty of a shank I hit on hole 2, a 560 yard par 5 after a centered tee shot and nicely struck 5 wood to 74 yards dead center fairway lie. Trying to put some extra cheese on it, It squirted out 45* left almost to the cart path. What an idiot and they had a good laugh. Been a long time for one of those. Got it back with a quick birdie, thank goodness hitting a tricky tee position into wind with a hold up draw. Some righties I play with don't really like this box position or hole hitting basically over edge of hazard. A beautiful hole design I think but I'm not fond of the box on the other side. [S] [/S]

Shot 78 without even hitting the ball all that well... The course however was only 6300 yards. I am working on my game very hard as I am in position to be the #1 golfer on my high school team this coming season
  • Upvote 1

80 yesterday and unremarkable other than the few mistakes made derailed what shoulda coulda have been my best round of the year possibly even best ever. Best I've hit the ball in a very long time only a half dozen or so bad shots and some were bad putts.

The takeaway for me is I haven't played or practiced much this season and I am just now getting to where I was ending 2014, just twenty rounds since April, last year I was playing 20+ times a month. 3 putt avoidance is a problem this year and it bit me yesterday on one of those half dozen bad shots. Actually putting in general not that sharp I left two 8 foot birdie putts short tracking dead center. When I am striking the ball well even the misses are good, I scrambled at 50% because misses were flag high and just off the green. Really easy chips to tap in range.

It's critical for me to stay in the game regardless what I encounter on the course. A couple of the bad shots were the result of catching slow groups and rushing a bit to get out of their way. When I have time to spare I should just hang back staying away from them because having consideration for them led to a double on a par 3 I breeze through. Just didn't take care to judge wind and make the appropriate club selection after some hey go ahead and play through chit chat on the tee. Usually I'd toss some grass around and hit front of green and pin with laser to make sure I get it there and I just grabbed a club and hit. I was a club short and found the water after bouncing of the edge of the green.

Dave :-)

40-41=81 @ River Forest CC, Freeport, PA

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Shot a 73 last Saturday to advance to the next round of the club Championship. Beat my poor opponent 7 and 6 (we were both playing off 7). Now I have to get my next match in before the handicap revisions in two weeks drops my index below 6...
  • Upvote 1

I shot 39-40=79 yesterday, I only hit 5 greens in regulation, nothing worse than bogey though, 1 birdie, 8 bogeys, 9 pars, with a couple lip outs from 8 feet for par... Possibly my best scrambling round of the year thus far...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I shot 77 today and consistently hit between 76 & 79 the last 8 times I've been out is this any good?

Welcome to TST.  As for your question, for the average golfer the scores are great, for a 14 handicap the scores are exceptional, for a pro - not so much.

If you are a true 14, after 8 scores between 76 & 79, your handicap should be in the single digits.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Welcome to TST.  As for your question, for the average golfer the scores are great, for a 14 handicap the scores are exceptional, for a pro - not so much. If you are a true 14, after 8 scores between 76 & 79, your handicap should be in the single digits.

My friend told me that's what I am it's not official as of yet but I am joining a club soon so I will be able to get my handicap. Just wanted to no if these scores were classed as good I played with no handicap for those scores

39/41 80 and a total bummer. Ladies had a 9 hole tournament and for whatever reason the pins on that side were brutal. Best ball striking day ever 61% GIR but three 3 putts on the back. All lip outs on funky pin placements. I guess I hit the ball over the hole and left myself downhill putts but sheesh these were tough. Couple I stopped hole high but had short hard breaking putts across the slope. Just one bad hole with a ball in the water.

Dave :-)

So I feel badly doing this, but I hit up a local course because I came across a Golf Now steal of a deal $14 18 holes on a decent course with cart, so I went out. I need to be practicing a lot over the next 6 days bc I have my first tournament next Tuesday. Anyway I hit my first drive right down the fairway about 260, put it close to the pin on the approach, and parred as I usually do for some damn reason on first holes even without warm up. Then the duck hook off the tee came back. Then I couldn't hit my irons. I was in a panic and had to stop keeping score so I could just drop a ton of balls and practice to figure out what the hell was going on. I think I know at least somewhat why I am back to spraying the ball but I feel badly that I didn't enter a score for handicap purposes. Anyone ever do this? TLDR: probably around a 96 from the blues. Ugh!

Had a very nice 70. 35/35. But I need to report my playing thinking is changing a little since reading LSW. I'm a gambler and always felt lucky in sports, so I go right at a target or when in trouble still try and pull off the impossible shot because I have, once in a blue moon if honest. So now drive as recommended as far as possible, I was always accurate, and hit the resulting shot. It's really not that far off the edge of the fairway but a lot closer. I then hit the the green instead of attacking the pin or the lay up mark. Still hit two birdies anyway. My putting is above average and has held me up when approaches were not good previously. Anyway, this kind of summarizes my thought process currently. On hole 18 I actually thought boring until I realized it was a damn good round. 35/35 2 birds 27 putts (13/14) 7 fairways - misses were slight, or not too far out but closer to hole GIR - 11 UD - either 4/5 or 4/6. Need a ruling. See facts below. Hole 14, par 5, 517. GIR, front with back tier pin placement. Putt #1 rammed uphill past pin 8 paces just off green. Putt #2 holed from just off green. Was it a UD at that point :~(

91 44/47 Really wanted in the 80's but had 3 bad blow up holes. Putter was working. No 3 putts, had 2 birdies lip around though. Biggest issue is pushing my irons right. Make solid contact just horribly right.

Played 9 holes last evening and I shot even par 35.

I had 2 birdies, 6 pars and a double bogey.

7/9 GIR, 5/6 FIR, 15 putts

Game felt pretty good!