IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

MId week comp at my local GC .... woeful putting 10x 3 putts !!! overall 44 putts !!!! total score 86 ..had one of my highest GIR ... couple nasty topped poor drives into the ground (first time in months!!) felt really good ,putting just didn't click couldn't blame the weather ... more practice needed !!

Best shots of the day two long 4 irons one into stiff wind 190yds 3 feet to the side of the hole..another head wind 185yds 6ft behind hole setup for eagle(which I 3 putted!!!!!)

Go Foxy Go

I shot an 82 today. I feel like an idiot because I totally should have completed the no sixes challenge. I blew it. Made a 3-putt-bogey on hole 3 for a six. The first putt was maybe 18 feet. I three putted number 5 from inside 15 feet. Then I also 3-putted number 10. At least number 10 was a long first putt. All of my sixes came on 3-putts. Which stinks because it was windy, very soggy/squishy out there, and the gold tees were set way back. At least three holes played longer than I'd ever seen them. I hit the ball well enough to complete the no-sixes challenge, but I feel like I blew it. 

Plus, the one birdie I got was on a hole where I already had the birdie. 

So, over all it was a good day, but "feels" like I missed a chance at a great day. 

20 hours ago, NZ Golfer said:

overall 44 putts !!!!

😖 OUCH!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went out about a week ago and shot a 45 through 8, pretty much how I generally score at that particular course. I did have my longest drive ever. Went out to an executive course a couple days ago and shot 82. While I'm disappointed in the score,  it's pretty much where my game is at right now. 

On 9/21/2022 at 5:50 PM, NZ Golfer said:

6ft behind hole setup for eagle(which I 3 putted!!!!!)

Don't feel bad, the round I scored 45 I hit the approach shot to about 8 feet for eagle. I 3 putted that myself.

• Like 1
  • D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

Played 9 holes solo at Minnesott today.  Walked the nine, playing from the white tees.  I was able to split route by playing 1-5 of the front nine and then on the turn back to the clubhouse catching 15-18 of the back (6 and 15 tees are side by side so you just move over and head up the other side).  Side note - I was between the morning scramble and the later afternoon rush, so I was able to play a pretty steady but at my own speed pace.  This changes what you see up as there is only one par three and one more par four (changes the nine from par 36 to a “par 37”) On holes 1-5 I was 5 over shooting going bogie - bogie - dbl - bogie - par. Holes 15-18 were much, much better as I was just 1 over going bogie - par - par - par.  Finished six over for a 43 off a 37.  Was a day of scrambling for par, but also one of my best in up and downs for the same.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Personal Best 86. On the 10th hole I forgot how to putt and didn't remember until the 16th. 71% FIRs. This will drop my index to 16.2 for the year. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

It felt better than that though because I had two catastrophic par 3's ( a 7 and an 8 ) that put me over the 100 mark. If I would've just double bogey'd those two holes I'd have shot a 96. And I putted exceptionally poorly. It's usually a stronger part of my game, but I had a couple that stopped and peaked in the hole without going in and a few I misread so badly. 

This whole counting-every-shot thing is tough. 🙂

They call it golf because the other four-letter words were taken. – Ray Floyd

Shot 81 (38/43) today, 15 nGIR/GIR (only 4 GIR), and no penalty strokes.

Played with a 3/4 swing feeling as I work to integrate grip change, and clubbed up on every approach shot to account for the distance loss.

Had quite a few bad short game shots, short and long variety. Several thinned pitches over the green, and also several pitches where I struck the ball okay, but misjudged the speed and landed the ball way too short (like in the rough before the fringe short).

Strokes gained was positive everywhere except short game.

image.png.852061402a401ff28d9c6b844925e0ab.png

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

92 from the white tees at Minnesott today.  Played an afternoon session with my son and grandson.  Had a steady 10-15 mph south wind, which meant a kicking tailwind going out and a stubborn headwind coming back (course runs N - S).  Three doubles on the front, two more on the back, plus a triple and a snowman meant a mediocre round at best. Plenty of opportunities for up and down saves. Driving was decent (love hitting them and letting them ride the wind), putting was okay, mid-irons and hybrid was so-so.  Still a great afternoon in the early fall.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

We did a scramble on Sunday. We had a pretty solid team. With mulligans and throws we ended up 20 under. 2nd place. The weather was not the best. Didn’t get a warm up at all. Had to hit my first shot of the day, cold, with a 5 iron at a par 3. Not at all the way I wanted to start the day. Did not hit any kind of a solid shot there and continued to struggle to get any kind of feel for the swing. Had a ton of wedges into greens but just couldn’t get a yardage I liked. We were playing a lot of drives from one guy, because he hit the thing a mile, and just felt off. I’m sure the large quantities of beer that I consumed didn’t help with the swing at all either. Still a decent day all things considered… but the rain delay before we played our final hole and having to slush through the last bit of time on the course really did suck!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

75 on Pinehurst #8.  4 over 40 on the front,  1 under 35 on the back. Finished the last 3 holes going birdie, birdie and a sandy par. This will sound crazy but a total of 24 putts. Had 12 one putts. 8 fairways, 6 GIRs. Most misses just off the green. 8 up and downs for par. White tees at 6,311 yards.

Edited by Sandy Lie
Added text.

Equalled my personal best today shooting 80. Needed a par on the last for 79 but caught my approach heavy and needed an up and down for par. The chip just didn’t roll out as much as I wanted so I missed my par put by a couple of inches. 
On the plus side I shot my first ever double bogey free round and first ever no sixes round (I thought this would have me breaking 80 but too many bogeys)

I must head over and claim my badges 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

I played my second round of 18 holes in over six years today. The other time was in November 2018 when I was in severe pain. I shot I think 91 that day? Anyway, it's not a day I want to remember frankly. Today on the other hand, is.

I shot an 85 at a course I've never played before despite hitting five balls OB off the tee with driver.

unnamed.jpg

We played the white tees which are 69.6, 125. The course is part of PGA National and is named the Estate

I got up and down over and over and over again all day, at an unsustainable rate frankly. I was getting up and down from really brutal spots too, but that just goes to show how terrible my full swing is. Oh well. I'm trying my best.

I hit a couple drivers before teeing off and here's what I'm packing if anyone was interested in seeing. Like I said, I hit five shots off the tee OB, including from the first tee, which is always fun doing in front of a bunch of strangers who will never see you again. 

Anyway, I'm pretty excited I managed to shoot 85 in spite of getting zero favors from my full swing. I was hitting my driver only 220 most of the day. I hit 2 or 3 about 250, but most were around 220. My worst ones went like 200ish. Pretty brutal. All my OB shots were short pushes that flew maybe 200 yards before disappearing into the void forever.

Anyway, it's a start. I've done so much rehab, needle work, and exercise these last 4-5 months (and really the last 1.5 years). My body felt pretty amazing out there. Very very little pain. This is a wonderful thing, and I do not take that for granted. I worked so damn hard to get back here.

This was golf day no.17 for me since returning June 14th, and I have now played 54 holes total in that span. So I want to remind myself just how little golf I've actually played and that being terrible at the game is pretty much what I should expect at this point. 85 in that light should probably be considered good I guess.

On a side note, I think this was my dad's and his friends' first time ever watching somebody play by the rules of golf or something. They were shocked how I refused to mulligan it up with them. I think maybe they learned something about the game from me today in that regard, in a good way. 

85 at an unknown course with five OB tee balls. Fingers crossed I can clean that up soon. Otherwise, it really is amazing to be back finally. 

Heard this one on the ride home and I think I'll probably always associate this song with today. 

Cheers, guys. Thanks for reading. 🙂

• Funny 1

Constantine

Not a very great round but happy I got out there.

Bogey (3 putt), double bogey (tree when punching out and duffed shot), bogey, par x 2, bogey, par, double bogey, bogey, par x 4, bogey x 3, double bogey (water ball), bogey

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Pretty frustrating 86 today (45/41), probably the absolute best I could have scored given how poorly I hit the ball. I recall only two well struck, center face strikes on full swings. I had everything from hooks, blocks, pulls, thins, shanks and a couple driver-with-wedge-trajectory shots. At least I didn't hit any fat shots. One of the guys in my group joked that I was getting my money's worth from the clubs by making use of the full clubface. Some excellent recovery and short game shots, and solid putting on recently aerated greens really kept the round from being a trainwreck.

image.png.05d7adb1bc58698922dfd257efb43b6a.png

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Today marked the return of play at RiverBend (had closed at the end of Feb, was sold and the new owners replanted the greens (man they are coming around), new sand in the bunkers (just admired from a distance), fairways and tees nicely manicured, a ton of old trees and scrub brush gone) in blustery (N winds 15-20 mph) drizzly (spit drizzle most of the round) conditions.  Shot 85 (44 / 41). Card had a 7 pars, 9 bogies, 1 dbl and 1 triple.  Had 3 GIR and 8 nGIR (half of which I got up and down for par). Greens were super firm and slick, 180deg from last winter when they were barely mowed and the ball bounced it’s way to the cup.  Was fun playing the course pretty much like it was meant to be.  Thinking next spring, the very few bare spots on the greens will be healed and this course will be even more fun.  For now, just glad to be playing this course again. 

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Shot an 88 yesterday.  Witnessed a clear example -- all things being equal -- of how distance off the tee is greater than accuracy.  On 15, I sliced my tee shot (Driver) onto the an adjacent fairway.  Still, it was a reasonable drive distance (250 yards) and clearly the accuracy left something to be desired:

IMG_6504.PNG

However, it did leave me an interesting approach shot.  Down the other side of a hill, obfuscated by trees, creating a "blind shot."  No worries.  I hit the best approach shot of my golf life:

IMG_6502.JPG

And then, on the next stroke, bag my second birdy ever. 

IMG_E6503.JPG

Edited by HankBlue
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

I had my new sticks out yesterday and they did not let me down. 75 (5.9 differential) on a par 71 layout. No 3-putts and nothing worse than bogey but, sadly, no birdies either.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I had my new sticks out yesterday and they did not let me down. 75 (5.9 differential) on a par 71 layout. No 3-putts and nothing worse than bogey but, sadly, no birdies either.

Don't worry about those birds... THAT'S FRIGGIN' AWESOME! :-)

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)