IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

92 today with 4 water penalties. I had a couple other incredibly terrible shots. I feel that I have no excuse to not break 90, it's like a curse. I play consistent bogey golf with a couple pars per 9, then a couple doubles and a complete blow-up hole. Every single game, exact same pattern. It was my first game using my new Vokey wedges. I loved them, but a I may have cost myself a stroke or even two by using a wedge that I had little experience hitting. I'd only practiced with them on the range one day before using them. My distance when chipping and with full-pitches was a little off. Other than that, they performed beautifully. I hit a decent number of fairways, sank a decent number of mid-distance putts, and avoided 3-putting all day. All I need to do is not hit my only duffed drive of the day into the water, not skull a low punch-out iron, and I'll break 90.
  • Upvote 1

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Shot a new personal best! 36/40 for a 76!!! Played the front at one over and the back at three over. Hit 9/14 fairways and had 11 GIR's. No three-putts! Only "blow up" hole was a par five on the back, took a double bogey after blading a shot from the green-side bunker over the green then chunking the come-backer... ended up with 11 pars, 2 birdies, 4 bogeys and 1 double. Great day!!

• Upvote 1

--- Rebel Golfer ---

37 (+1) on the front nine at Steenberg. Two bogeys, one birdie, 6 GIR. Pretty solid. Upon entry of this score I was cut to a 4 handicap, the lowest my index has ever been. Truthfully, I don't really think I can play to it. My cap is being somewhat artificially depressed by the number of nine hole rounds currently in consideration -- as my tendency over 18 is to start well and then get tired/lose focus and cough up strokes towards the finish. We'll see.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played my home course for the first time in a while today. 6,700 yds, 71.8 rtg, 129 slope. I've been playing pretty wel lately so I figured sub-80 would be a good day. Ended up going 39-39 for 78 with bogeys on 3 of the last 4 holes (I ran out of gas walking the course for the first time in months). I'm happy I was able to deliver on my pre-round expectations.

Stats:

3 FIR

7 GIR

27 putts

2 Birds

8 Pars

8 Bogeys

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

84 (42/42) on a course I shot 99 at a month ago. Actually left a lower score out there: had a 4-putt on the back 9 that was just mental lapse and also tried cutting a dogleg but hooked it into water. Oh well, wanted badly to get under 85 and I did.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

85 yesterday. I was +11 through 10 holes and played the last 8 in +3. Unreal. I hit every green in regulation over the last 4 holes. I have a feeling I'm going to break 80 soon on my home course (which I know like the back of my hand at this point). Fingers crossed!

Constantine

94 (47 + 47).  Playing the whites on a par 70 course.

Weird day. I felt like I was making great contact, and my aim was decent, but my distances were off, and I putted like $&!#.  Oh, and I should not be allowed to carry a driver in the bag...  It was also my first day trying out some Hogan Apex Plus Irons -- fun!

3 of 12 fairways hit.

5 GIR.

3 penalties.

6 3-putts --- 40 putts overall.

That said, I usually have a big blow-up hole, and today, I just played mediocre golf through 18.  I'm actually pleased with being a bit more 'consistent'. The bizarre thing is that I usually do pretty well on the par 3s (there are 4 sub 150yd par 3s on the course), but I was terrible on the par 3s today (double-bogey on all six).

Par 3's (6): +12

Par 4's (8) : +9

Par 5's (4): +3

I just got back from my second trip to La Quinta and the last for the year. This trip I played Silver Rock, Terra Lago and La Quinta Resort "Dunes" course. The weather was fantastic and the golf was great as well. The Dunes and Silver Rock were by far the best two courses and Silver Rock was the most challenging IMO. At just over 7100 yards it was a true target golf course with some nice length to it. I definitely had some struggles there but I am confident that if you play this course more then once you will see dramatic improvement in your score. We played the gold tees 74.2/135, 7146 YDS, score= 78.

Second round was at Terra Lago in blistering heat over 100. I would have to say I was less then impressed with the condition on the course. The greens were bumpy and fairways were really less then satisfactory. Also the course maintenance crew were changing holes at 1pm and would keep cutting grass and start up there machines during back swings and will putting. Black Tees 73.7/137, 6800 YDS, score= 77.... not playing there again.

Last round of the Trip was at the La Quinta resort "Dunes course". Fantastic course and great facilities. The course was very well kept and the greens were quick and receptive to approach shots. I would highly recommend this course to anyone. The round was 4 hours and we had no one behind us and a group that was consistently 1 hole ahead of us. I will play here again for sure.

72.4/134, 6712 YDS, score= 73 (+1)
FIR=9/14 - 3 i just missed in the second cut.
GIR=11
PUTTS=30 ouch.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

75 (+3) at Clovelly Country Club.

http://www.golfcourselayouts.co.za/courses/clovelly/index.html

Four bogeys, one birdie, nine GIR and 29 putts.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I shot an 87 on Sunday. Everything is still really soggy in Ohio, and it was really windy...gusting over 30 mph so I was happy with that.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

91 yesterday. 47 + 44.

FH. 10/14 (the good)

34 putts (the bad)

GRI 5/18 (the ugly)

some wind to deal with but i was just not aiming well. the good news is i picked up a new maxfli 56 12 SW that i was able to use very effectivly. i havent got to the skill level where a $120 vokey wedge is justified. the $40 maxfli was nice.

played Thorncreek in Thornton, Co. the course is not even in  decent shape. 5 minutes from the house and i doubt they will see any of my money again this year.

shot a 40 on the front at my home course.  lowest score yet.  i'm kicking myself about a 3 putt one one hole and laying the sod over on another approach.  take away either and I break 40.  typically i'm scrambling and doing a lot of chipping around the greens but today i only had to hit 2 chip shots.  every other green i hit from over 100 out.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

I shot a 37 (+2), Hit 4/8 fairways, 6/9 Greens, 16 putts

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Shot a 74 (+2) today.  Real proud of it.  First 4 holes, went double, bogey, par, double.  From there on out, I finished the 9 with all pars.  Then played the front side and went -3, 3 birds, no bogeys.  My approaches were all dead on playing the back.  I probably could have made 2 or 3 more birdies but I had some short putts hit some unfortunate bumps and ball marks.

One of the best stories though, is about one guy I got paired with.  We got to a 170 yard par 3 with a pond right off the tee box.  It wasn't really in play, unless you skull it.  Well, he proceeded to skull one in.  Then reloaded, another, and another, and another.  Then his brother tosses him the last ball in his bag, saying "You sure, it's a pro V1".  "Gimmie" he replies.  Hits the best shot I've seen him pull off all day, on the green, 2 putts in.  Said it was his "Tin Cup" moment.  Hilarious.

85 - http://fjorla.net/scorecard/rounds/20110507-p1.html

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I played for the first time since 2008 yesterday. I wasn't expecting to do very well after that long and with some crap clubs, but I did better then I expected. I only played 9 but I shot a 44. A couple pars, a double-bogey and the rest were bogeys. My best shot of the day almost led to a birdie, but the putt stopped an inch short. I think I could have done a few strokes better, but since I hadn't played in forever and was using strange clubs I didn't know my distances and was having a hard time committing to shots.

Played Friday. Shot a 74 with a couple of bad decisions. But overall very good round. Then we went out and played the back from the new tips opening this year. Shot a 36. I was beat last night. Might add that I received my new clubs just this week. Love them, Ping i56, 4-pw and a 52, 56, and 60* rustique wedges. Very happy with the purchase.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!