IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

My first round of the year on my home course and shot an 87. I had a very short lesson on the range with our pro as my driver is killing me. Hitting a bad slice with no distance. We got a few things worked out but it's some issues that's going to take some time to work out just to make it more natural for me. I just wanted to get out on the course. Having short distance off the tee made for some long approach shots but overall I was quite happy. I have been working hard on my short game which really showed today. I hit things very straight with the wedges but distance was a bit off, to be expected for the second round of the year. Will be doing some work on the range to get my distances with the wedges back down. My putting was pretty good today, 32 putts. The greens were brutally slow as they are still recovering from pre-season prep work. I missed a couple of putts I should have had that came up a couple inches short but had the right line. My goal this year is to keep my putts per round 30 or below so for the second round, 32 putts, I was happy.

Once I get my new irons next week, custom made clubs with the same specs as the Taylormade 2.0's I will spend more time with my longer irons to really get those solid. I can see the single digits in my sights for my handicap and I know I will be hitting my goal of at least an 8 handicap this year, once I get the driver worked out.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 82. Putting was not good, was driving the ball very well hit all fairways on the par 4's. Had some difficulty controlling the 5 iron off the tee box. All in all a very improved round for my standards. Lesson # 3 tomorrow. The short game.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I shot a 93, or 30 over, today on a par 63 course. It was my second round this year, and my second highest score ever.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

77 on a par 72, 6050 yards.

i got a real lesson in "drive for show, putt for dough" today.  my driving was decent and i was getting good distance on it, hitting exactly half of the fairways, and not being more than a couple of yards off when i missed them.  my irons were the best they've ever been, i think - i hit 13 out of 18 greens in regulation, though only a couple were close to the pin.  and my putting, lord... i missed FOUR times from inside of three feet.  that 77 really should have been a 73.  i have no idea what went wrong with my putter today, i'd never ever had trouble like that before.  on the flipside, i drained two pretty long birdie putts and did some routine 2-putting to get plenty of pars, but i just couldn't understand why i missed not one, not two, but FOUR times from three feet.  oh well.

38 (+2) on the back nine at Steenberg. Eight pars and one double -- where I was just off the fringe for two, chili dipped a wedge, chipped the next one to three feet and missed the putt.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Played my first round with my new GigaGolf TRX V.11 irons (burner 2.0 clones), SP3 putter, and TRX 3 hybrid, and shot 82 from the tips on 6750 yard, par 73 course.  Only thing keeping me out of the 70's was a wildly inconsistent tee ball.  I list my index as a 14 but that's because I've only gotten out to play maybe 20 times since the end of the last millennium.  Looking to play and practice more consistently this summer and get my number down in the single digits - hopefully, the 6 or 7 range (or better!).

Shot 112 (Par 71) yesterday in my first 'proper' round of golf.

Major downfalls were putting and chipping and a 'McIlroyesque' breakdown on a severe up hill hole.

But still - it was better than I expected for my first round, hit the ball well from the fairway to the tee, the problems were on and around the greens.

My legs are aching today!

90 (45 + 45) on a par 70 (5265 yds; 65/103).

On the good side, I played consistent golf -- nothing worse than double bogey.

On the bad side, I missed three putts from within four feet , and my chipping was poor (nothing closer than 10 ft --- missed the green once!).

Some stats:

3 pars

10 bogeys

5 doubles

5 GIR

3 of 12 fairways

1 penalty

Completed the round in 2:30, walking (no one in front of me - using my clicgear 3.0!).

So, I have been off for a few weeks and it showed this weekend...

Saturday:  90 (44 + 46) with 5 3-putts and 1 4-putt, ugly as hell.

Sunday:   81 (41 +40) with 28 putts total, now that's better!

I tell ya, the first thing that goes when I haven't played in a while is the putting and the short game.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Shot my best round ever today. 1 over 72. Even par on the front and 1 over on the back. Made 7 birdies, 2 doubles, 4 bogies. Got the jitters at 16 and made double but got it together and birdied 18. Used Aimpoint and was just making eveything. Pretty excited!
  • Upvote 1

81 (39/42), career best for me. I had 79 in my sights but pulled a stupid on 16 - I tried my friend's driver. Was a bad hole to do it on, should have waited until 17 when I had bailout options. I was +6 going to 16 and I overcooked the tee shot and it rolled into a water hazard, ended up with double-bogey. Had birdie op on 17 with a 6-footer but I burned the left side of the hole; then bogeyed 18. Ah well...next time!

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

43, in league play.  Doesn't sound all that great, but it helped trim another .2 off the hcp.  I have my sights set at getting to single digits and today's round gets me to less than a stroke away.  I'm stoked.

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

We share the exact same problem. I have got myself down from 33 to 22 over 2 years and now looking to go to the holy grail of 18.

Last week I was on target for 89 with 4 holes to play...... then....tee shot in the water, 3 wood into the bushes, duffed chip, 2 shots from a bunker, , , 3 putt, final score 93.

Now I know how Rory must have felt at Augusta.

Par 35 9 holes.

Shot 40 with 16 putts. Hit 5 of 7 fairways. 4 GIR not including one of the Par 3's where i put it 10 feet from the pin.

Played my best 9 holes of the year.  Shot a 39(+4) on front 9 at Colonial Golf course in Sandoval, IL.    Course was in the best shape of the whole year, finally dried out and that helped a lot, got more roll and helped hit more solid iron shots.   Hit 2 of my best approach shots of the year on the last 2 holes, resulting in a par on the  par 4 8th and a birdie on the par 4 9th.   I've noticed that all my best 9 hole results were when i was walking,  today and the 40 i shot at the same course last year.   I think maybe i stay more loose and concentrate more,  Im probably going to walk most of the time when playing alone.   Looking to probably get my own push cart,  looking at some models currently, perhaps some sandtrappers can reccommend one.   Something for around $100 for a 3 wheel model  with brakes and folds up to a relatively small size to fit in my mid-size car(grand am) trunk with my bag.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...