iacas

What'd You Shoot Today?

16,995 posts / 372413 viewsLast Reply

87 on a par 70 (44+43).

Very happy because I had my first ever putt for an eagle (about 40 feet - left it 4 feet short, hit the birdie putt).  Also hit a 270 yard drive (wind assisted, I normally only hit about 220-230 ---- of course, I also had one go only 170).

Stats:

1 birdie

4 pars

10 bogeys

31 putts

2 GIR

5 of 12 FWs

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Last Friday I shot 74 (+2) with 4 birdies and 6 bogeys.  Sunday I shot a 60 (-2) on an 18 hole executive course and had 6 birdies.  Both rounds started bogey/bogey with a birdie on the 3rd hole.  I'm on a bit of a roll after a couple months of mediocre golf, we'll see if I can keep it up this afternoon.

Shot 9-over on 9, then threw in the towel.  Need to seriously adjust the yardage book after a lesson and working on lag drills for about 2 weeks.  It was like 160y PW ridiculousness out there...  I don't know how to score with that kind of distance yet, and I'm equally confused on how to dial it back because it already feels like I'm buttering it.  On the bright side, I got a lot of work on 60-footers for birdie.

Crazy day. Was 4 over after 5 holes due to horrible putting. Then managed to make a putt for birdie on #6 and things improved in a hurry. Had 3 birdies and an eagle with several bogeys. Ended up shooting a 74(+2).

86 (45/41), my first time playing from the blues. Pretty happy considering I was +9 thru 6. Had 5 3-putts, which makes me want to vomit.

Went out and was going to make a swing only when I was ready. Did not do that about ten (10) times and shot a 75. Should have shot under par today. It has been a long couple of years to get back to this point. Very happy with my progress in the middle of May.

Caught up with my regular group on the back 9 yesterday. Shot a 42, 6 over. 5/9 GIR, 5/7 FIR. 4 pars, 4 bogeys, 1 double. 19 putts, all 2 putts, 1 3 putt.

I played my first round of the year today with pretty good results. I just did 9 holes and I shot a 38. +2 over par. I'm impressed with how good I did. Even though half of the greens were in terrible condition.

91 yesterday... 4 doubles but did have 1 birdie... 3 holes I 3 putted... and hit 3 balls ob off tee and 1 second shot in water... easily could have been mid 80s... but I wouldn't have a 19 handicap if I didn't blow up some holes! One day I will get consistent off the tee... when I do my handicap will certainly improve greatly.

+5 today for a 77.  That is my best round to date.  Boy it felt great.  I was birdie, birdie, par on the first 3 holes.  I had 6 pars on the back 9.  It is such a fun game when you are shooting darts with your irons and are inside 6 feet for your birdie putts.  I know that tomorrow I can follow it up with a 92 so I am going to enjoy the moment and celebrate with a nice bottle of wine and a bbq steak dinner.

Cheers

Shot a 107 at a local par-72 course today. The high score was mostly due to my lack of short game skills today, mostly chipping.

After a week putting and chipping (bc. bad ankle) I played only the first nine today and shot a +2 38 !!! (6 pars, 3 bogeys, 1 birdie) ..... some of the pars were just missed birdies ....... I really have to focus to avoid these bogeys !

Ugh ugh ugh.  Another 49 for 9, which was only as good as that because my irons and short game were pretty much on.  Tee shots and putting were dismal.  Hit 0 fairways, mostly big slices or total flubs.  Had 20 putts, including three 3-putts.  Still, managed to eke out two GIRs, parred the par 5 for the second straight time, and made a lot of bogeys (those are good, btw).