IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Went out to Saddleback Golf Club near my house (found out I can drive my golf cart there from my house through dirt roads and a walking trail, so I don't need to wait until June for my license) and had what was arguably my best round ever, which was made better by the fact that it was free since I started working there yesterday.

I shot a -1 35 on the front nine, but felt I could have done better than that for a couple reasons. I hit both of my tee shots on par 3's to around 10' (it was lucky) and missed those birdie putts, as well as missing my up and down par putt on 18 because I hit it too hard. I'm not going to read into that too much, but I suppose it won't hurt in the future to warm up with some more putting before I head out next time (it was getting to be ~2 hours from dark and I wanted to get in a full nine).

On the plus side, now that I have free golf there and a mode of transportation that can easily get me to the course, I should be able to play much more frequently than before.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very unusual round for me today. Played at Winding Creek Golf Course which is close to my home and shot a 41(+5) on the front 9. It was unusual because I was 1/7 in fairways hit and 1/9 for GIR. I only had 14 putts though so my scrambling was top notch. Hoping to play at least 9 tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

I played like absolute hell.  shot a 94.  Couldn't hit an iron to save my life.  skulling them, fatting them, slicing them.  I don't know what the hell happened today.

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Shot a 46/52 - 98 yesterday. Odd round in that my usually day consists of a few pars offsett by a handful of absolute disaster holes. Not nearly the number of disasterous holes yesterday, but only one par on the day and a lot of single and double bogies. Hit the ball well off the tee just couldn't find a GIR if my life depended on it. Was making OK contact with my approach shots but my aim and distance was way way off.

Shot an 88 (16.0 differential) yesterday. Get this: 9 GIR and 43 putts - good for 3 pars! That's definitely a record - in a bad way - for me. And the vast majority of them were stupid 3 putts. Not like I had a 50+ foot first putt. Most of them were in the 20-40 foot range I'd say. Ugly day. Honestly, if I remove 3 putts from my game, I'll be in the single digits. My putter is currently in timeout, but I'm spending all of my practice time this week practicing my distance control.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Shot a 92 yesterday, and should have been much better. Too many 3 putts, and putting is generally my strong suit. It was also very windy, which made it tough. Played well enough for it to be an 87. But I shot a 92, not an 87.

I played my first 9 holes of the season last Thursday. I was 3 over after 5 holes, and hit two perfect shots on the 6th, lying about 20 yards from the pin in two on a par 5. From there I was able to recover my own game enough to double bogey that hole and the next three to shoot 47.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I went out to a local course and shot my personal best 89/71  @ 70.9 / 125 6400yd without penalty stroke.

I was thinking about where I blew up and two holes popped up.  Both holes I shot into bunkers, one 2nd shot in par 4 from fairway and the other 1st shot in par3.  Both I came out with triple.  Only excuse other than my own swing is that it was hard to call that a "sand" bunker as it was more like dirt ground.

Still too many leaks like poor chipping, sand shots, short drivers distances off tee ~200-230, 3 times 3 putts, etc.

I am really hoping to minimize short game pitfalls next time.  Drivers?  I am taking a longer term approach.

45 (+5) Word of the day, dissaray.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

One of the best rounds of 41 I have shot. :). My early morning rounds have started this week.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Went to my home course (Winding Creek Golf Course) and played the back 9. Shot a 41 (+5) with 3 GIR and 0 fairways hit. Started off with four bogeys so I had a good finish at least. Driver only costed me maybe one stroke so that wasn't a big deal but I decelerated on two chips that left me short of the green that definitely cost me some strokes. Gotta work on that.

+16 (87) Played pretty average today. Pleased with limiting myself to only 3 double bogeys, my goal is to get to a point where a average 2 or less per round

Henry

77 (+5). I have never putt so well in my life. 12 1 putts, the rest 2 putts for a total of 25 putts. Finished off with 7 1 putts in a row, and only two of those were from inside 10 feet.

Shot another 40(+4) at winding creek (0/7 fairways 5/9 GIR). 3-jacked a 15 footer and chunked a chip. Lipped out on 3 putts as well. If I played my game, coulda had at least a 37. Shoot. On the plus side, I AVERAGED 300 yards off the tee. Felt amazing.

I've been trying to break 90 for a few years now. I've had a couple 90s and a few 91s, too, but never sub-90.

Playing Sunday at a local muni, and had a pretty normal (bad) front 9, but picked it up on the back. Almost holed out from the fairway for an eagle on 11. Got to 17 with an 81. My score-keeping app was telling me "Projected score: 90". F you, app. I'm breaking 90 today. I had a par 3 and a par 4 left.

17 is a par 3 with a tiny green and a mound on the left side of the green that bounces balls right onto a patch of ground that is always covered in leaves and pine needles, and left under some trees where you have to bounce your chip into the mound to get it to stop before it rolls over the green into all the pine needles and leaves on the other side.

So of course, i block it right (82) and I have a horrible lie whereafter I blade my pitch shot over the green (83) to under the trees on the left. Angry with myself, but still thinking that I can save it.

That is, until I hit my chip too enthusiastically into the mound, but over the tiny green (84). Again. Chip from the right side of the green (85) to a foot for a 5 (86).

Get to 18 tee thinking a birdie wasn't out of reach. Knew I needed to be in the fairway though, so I thought I'd hit my 5i off the tee that I'd been hitting pretty well all day. Chunked it 30 yds in front of me (87). Hit a good 3W to get flag high to the right of the green (88).

So I know 90 is out of reach unless I hole the pitch shot. The flag is just on the edge of the top back portion of the green.

Pitch ends up short on the green and on the level below the flag about 15 ft away (89).

Of course, then I hole the putt for an even 90.

I really hate this game sometimes.

Carded a 39 in my league tonight. First ever sub-40 9. Could have been better, as I missed an 8' birdie putt on the par 3 8th. I also lost my tee shot right on 9 and had to scramble to save bogey. Worst part is I shot the round of my life and won one damn hole. They guy I played shot a 42 with a 17 handicap (9 hole handicap). I'm a 9 handicap in my league (though that will change now). I also lost out on low net, as his was a 25!! Oh well......

Carded a 39 in my league tonight. First ever sub-40 9. Could have been better, as I missed an 8' birdie putt on the par 3 8th. I also lost my tee shot right on 9 and had to scramble to save bogey.

Worst part is I shot the round of my life and won one damn hole. They guy I played shot a 42 with a 17 handicap (9 hole handicap). I'm a 9 handicap in my league (though that will change now). I also lost out on low net, as his was a 25!! Oh well......

Well done!

When I was in a league, nothing was more frustrating than facing the guy with the crazy high nine hole handicap.  It kind of sucks to hope your opponent double bogeys EVERY hole so you have a chance to win the hole with a par.

I shot 90 on Monday.  I'm fanning my tee shots something fierce and it's getting frustrating.  You can't shoot a good score with 200 yard carries off the tee that roll three inches.  I really don't know what I'm doing right now and that nice little 8.3 I have in my profile is about to climb with these awful early year scores and a bunch of good ones starting to fall off.

• Upvote 1

"Witty golf quote."