IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I've hit a bit of a lull.  I haven't posted anything lower than an 83 in about 2 weeks.  Yesterday posted an 87 (43/44) and that followed a +9 (45) the day before.  Before this week it mostly just not going really low (37-39) which was holding me at around 83, but right now I've just lost it and nothing is acting like I expect it too.  I'm not scoring too horribly (most definitely not happy with it, but it's not over 90 yet), but something is off right now.

I have till the 15th to find myself as that is when our club ryder cup starts, otherwise I guess I'll take my lumps.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Par 71, slope 141:
100% FW
61% GIR
100% nGIR
7 bogies, 1 birdie, 10 pars

shot 77

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Finally broke 90 and shot 88! I've been scoring between 90 and 100. I have so many 90's, they seem fake. I've shot 90 from the black tees, gold tees and the blue tees. I've been working on my chipping and my skill and confidence is growing. When I was on my golf trip playing in the state capitals my score started in the 90's and went over 100. Chipping was a big part of it. I came home determined to to eliminate this weak spot in my game.

I've also purged and added clubs to my bag that give me the best chance to play well. I was hitting my driver well, but I've always preferred the smaller head drivers, so I put one of my old ones in the bag and swing much better with it. I've swapped putters in and putters out, woods in and woods out, wedges in and wedges out, until I finally have the setup that is working well for me. I'm waiting on my custom Prov1 balls.

I hadn't played prior to this year for about 3 years because of an injury to both rotator cuffs. I'm well now and ready to play! 

• Upvote 1

49/41

2 minutes ago, spider said:

Finally broke 90 and shot 88! I've been scoring between 90 and 100. I have so many 90's, they seem fake. I've shot 90 from the black tees, gold tees and the blue tees. I've been working on my chipping and my skill and confidence is growing. When I was on my golf trip playing in the state capitals my score started in the 90's and went over 100. Chipping was a big part of it. I came home determined to to eliminate this weak spot in my game.

I've also purged and added clubs to my bag that give me the best chance to play well. I was hitting my driver well, but I've always preferred the smaller head drivers, so I put one of my old ones in the bag and swing much better with it. I've swapped putters in and putters out, woods in and woods out, wedges in and wedges out, until I finally have the setup that is working well for me. I'm waiting on my custom Prov1 balls.

I hadn't played prior to this year for about 3 years because of an injury to both rotator cuffs. I'm well now and ready to play! 

Wow Spider, Obviously I have seen your play and there is no doubt that the numbers will come down. Come back's are not always easy though. Congrats on the 88...

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Played a 9 hole par 3.  Shot 25 with a hole in one on the 5th.

• Upvote 1

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Haven't posted in years, but hopping back on. 

Shot a 39-39 today out at River Oaks in Sandy, Utah. Not a terrible day, but definitely could have been better. 

Glad to to be back. 

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Yesterday I shot 84 from the senior tees on a par 71 course.   I drove the ball poorly, chipped poorly, but somehow I only made one double bogey.   I had about 5 birdie opportunities, all from 10 to 15 feet, didn't make any of them.   I did manage to sink quite a few putts around 6 feet to save some pars. 

When I look back, it seems like I played poorly overall, but somehow I shot about the same score as always. 

76. Drove the ball extremely well and hit my irons very well. Only had to hit one non flighted shot all day and that was to clear a tree with a pw. Putted decent and chipped decent. My downfall were both of those things but overall I'd take my putting today and improve my chip distance control a bit better. 

38-39-77 White Tees (Blue/Gold Courses)

Valley Brook CC in Canonsburg PA

Was cold, rainy at times and windy but made it through 18 holes. Great course.

9 GIR's (1 birdie)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

38 + 40 = 78. 

Blue tee at fossil trace. That's with 3 doubles, one bogey, one birdie and rest all pars. 

I really need to work on avoiding stupid mistakes. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I shot a double bogey free round today from the forward tees.   I ended with an 82.   It may be the last round of the year.    As I was hitting my approach shot onto the 17 green, I was thinking, maybe it's time to travel south for the winter!

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Interesting how I can shoot in the 70's and can't seem to avoid double bogeys  while @dennyjones can avoid double bogeys and shoot in the 80's. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

"Ryder cup" format at my club" Won my fourball match alone, my partner was ill. Shoot 6 over with 3 balls in the water. 7-0 my record match play this year. Next weekend starts the club championship, hope to keep the winning streak.

38-38-76 Musket Ridge White Tees

Windy as all get out, very nice course.  Would recommend anyone in the Frederick/Hagerstown MD area should stop by and play it.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

37-40-77 Springfield G&CC blue Tees

nice cool evening for golf. Other than a double bogey and a ball in the hazard hit the ball well.

-Jerry

Yesterday I and 3 friends played Palm Harbor golf course, which is in Palm Coast, between St. Augustine and Daytona.   The back 9 was closed due to many trees being down from the hurricane, so we had to play the front 9 twice. 

The first 9, I shot 39, which included one miraculous shot, on a par 4, where I yanked my second shot into some trees on the left.  The ball hit a tree limb, bounced off, flew on to the green and wound up 6 feet from the hole.   I holed the putt for birdie. 

Second 9, the wind really picked up, and I shot 44.   I can't really blame the wind, though.  I just didn't play as well.  

So, 39 + 44 = 83.