IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played 18 holes for the first time this year at Foxfire, a course I had never played before, and came away with a 94 (46/48). For as bad as I hit my driver it is a pretty decent score for me on a course that demands accuracy off the tee.

War Eagle!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 holes today at Sörfors GK. 96. Two disaster holes or it would be quite decent particularly since I didn´t have much luck on the putting green. Great fun though I am starting to hone in my new driver and put a new  chipper in play which really made life easier. 

So after shooting par on 9 holes for the first time a couple weeks ago I hit another milestone by breaking 80 for the first time. I didn't do it the way I thought I would with a bunch of birdies and eagles making up for my blow up holes but instead I went into the round with the goal of no 6's on the card and came close to pulling it off. I put two of them up, both on the back, which were my only blemishes there. My 38 on the back is the best I've ever shot on that 9 by 3 strokes. I didn't really feel I played that well and didn't hit many spectacular shots but I kept the big mistakes in check. I could not sink a putt all day but had an 8 footer for bird on 18 for a 79 I looked that thing over like it was Sunday at Augusta and thankfully it found the bottom of the cup for my only birdie of the day. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shot a total of 98 yesterday.  Our local course is doing greens repairs on the back nine, so it was a double dose of the front nine.  1st trip around was a total of 52, not bad but not great.  Only one snowman "8", which lately has been an average of several.  Ball striking was decent, distances were off.  Playing a lot of scramble shots.  We were playing in a 3-1/2 some as one of the guys had his 9-yr old son along.  Was fun but it was slow enough that I never got into a good rhythm.   2nd trip around, the father-son duo dropped out after the second time on #2.  Next hole was my hole of the day as I birdied the short par 4 (300 yds from the gold tee).  Great tee with the 3wood and excellent approach with the 6i to six feet of the flag.  Thought I would choke the hole...usually do such with birdie putt attempts.  On the remaining holes had a couple more pars and rest bogies with only one double.  It was a great way to finish.  Makes me think, I need to play nine before I play 18 next time....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Shot an 83 from the back tees today. Started with a birdie, and progressively got worse from there, ending the round with a double, double, bogey. Otherwise it would have been a pretty nice round.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Almost shot par again during our league last night. Our opponents didn't show up so we had to bounce around a bit and ended up finishing on holes 2 & 3. I was even after 7 holes and 2 & 3 are very easy, 3 is a guaranteed par and should be a birdie most of the time so I'm thinking I could go under. Hole 2 has a tree line right of the fairway and the green is protected by water I went to lay up and pushed it into the trees but I finally played it smart and didn't go for the hero shot I just took my medicine and punched out to make bogie. So now I need to birdie 3 to shoot even I hit a good tee shot I'm roughly 30 yards out pin high but in the rough. My pitch doesn't get any spin (which I should have known would happen) and rolls out to the back edge of the green leaving me a 30 footer that I miss about 4 inches left to finish with par and a 37. Before last night the low score in our league was a 2 over 38 so I was still excited to come into the clubhouse and talk some sh*t. Well come to find out someone else had holed out for eagle on hole 4 from 80 out ended up shooting par and stealing my thunder lol

image.thumb.png.57c1dfcd44c12549fbfe66150f36e428.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lugowskins said:

3 is a guaranteed par and should be a birdie most of the time

That simply isn't true, especially for an 11.5 handicap.

PGA Tour players average 3.17 strokes from 220 yds and 3.25 strokes from 240 yds to hole out when hitting from the tee

As an 11.5, it's unlikely you (or any amateur golfers) will hit your tee shot on the green with any regularity, so then it comes down to getting up and down for the birdie. It's unlikely that your scrambling/up and down rate is 75%+ which is about the minimum threshold I would consider when someone says "most of the time"

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

2 minutes ago, klineka said:

That simply isn't true, especially for an 11.5 handicap.

PGA Tour players average 3.17 strokes from 220 yds and 3.25 strokes from 240 yds to hole out when hitting from the tee

The way I was playing it was a guaranteed par and looking through my stats for the year I have birdied that hole 7 of the 17 times I've played it with just one bogie. It is a slight dogleg left that is only about 215 to the front of the green unless you snap hook it or push your tee shot 40 yards right of your line (which at most I'll hit a 5 iron generally will just play a 7 and give myself a short pitch) you're going to have a great look at the green. Just don't miss way right, and hit it over 100 yards you should make par as the green is also one of the easiest on the course. It's safe to say PGA courses that have holes that are 220 away are slightly more challenging than this.  

image.png

1 hour ago, Lugowskins said:

looking through my stats for the year I have birdied that hole 7 of the 17 times I've played it with just one bogie. 

That's not "most of the time", that's not even half.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Just now, klineka said:

That's not "most of the time", that's not even half.

So sorry I'll be sure to be super literal for you next time lol there's a reason golf is seen as the uptight sport if you cant handle a little hyperbole. Besides I never said I birdied it most of the time I said it SHOULD be birdied most of the time as it is hands down the easiest golf hole I've ever played.

Birdied the last hole to shoot a 76 on my home course.  Par 70.  Was a good round but left way to many putts 1 roll short or it could have been special. 

:ping:    Driver, 3 wood  G410 Plus  G 700 irons  :cleveland:  CBX 50-54-56  :scotty_cameron: Squareback   Gigem

A strange 75 today.

Shotgun start, we started on the 7th hole, which I birdied. Pars on 8 and 9. OK, so we go to the back. bogey, bogey, double bogey, par, anyway, end up with a 42 on the back. Bummer.

Make the turn to the front, and go par, par, birdie, birdie, par, par, and finish with a 33 for the front.

Always love it when a plan comes together.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot a 38 in league tonight. Best round ever for me on that course. Two pulled irons and a 3 putt were the only blunders preventing the perfect round.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

47 for 9 holes, with a snowman on a par 4. 💩

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Shot 89 today, pretty tough links style course. Driver betrayed me on a few holes, and I left my self shortsided on a bunch of holes which led to a few errant flop attempts. Either way its always a good day to break 90. 

On 7/23/2020 at 3:40 PM, Rkrider99 said:

A strange 75 today.

Shotgun start, we started on the 7th hole, which I birdied. Pars on 8 and 9. OK, so we go to the back. bogey, bogey, double bogey, par, anyway, end up with a 42 on the back. Bummer.

Make the turn to the front, and go par, par, birdie, birdie, par, par, and finish with a 33 for the front.

Always love it when a plan comes together.

I hate when a round is a tale of two nines. A few months ago, I shot 42 on the front, only to shoot 54 on the back. Crazy game.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Shepherd’s Hollow Michigan. Rated in the top 100 public courses list at one point in the recent past. It is a nice golf course. 27 hole facility. I played holes 10-27 today. Greens smooth. Rolled beautifully. Not quite glass though. I would estimate 10 at most on the stimp which is certainly fast but not as fast as the day I played a course at 10.5-11.

wasnt able to get my GPS app loaded for 1st 4 holes. Was flying blind with just a yardage guide I had. Not quite the same for me. Bogeys at 1st 4 holes. Played the last 5 on the side even tho and shot 40. For back a little more up and down. Double at 10. Bogey at 11 and 12. Had a run on 13 and 14 tho. Massive drive at 13 left a 50 yard sw I stuck inside 10 ft and holed the bird. Drove the green at 14 and 2 putts for bird. But another double at 15 and 18 didn’t help. Still managed to shoot 82 on a pretty challenging course. Hit 10 fairways and 8 greens. Even with 3- 3 putts I still managed to have 33 putts which isn’t awful for me. Made a few. Just left myself some really tough lags in a few spots. Most challenging part of the course to me was the green complexes themselves. Large greens with a lot of double tiers so if you miss on the wrong side you can absolutely forget getting up and down. Fun round. Have another week in Michigan and a tee time Sunday at a lesser known course that supposed to be pretty nice. Can’t wait!

Edited by Dunit507

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls